RME ADI-2 DAC Thread
Jun 20, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #5,641 of 6,020
I may ask something of a blasphemy here. But is there an equivalent DAC/AMP combo with similar or same headphone output capabilities as the RME ADI-2 DAC, but without all the built in DSP audio features? Realistically, I will play with the myriad of settings once, mess up everything, return everything to stock, then never use again.

Jun 21, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #5,643 of 6,020
Love their videos.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #5,644 of 6,020
RME does it again. A Mac, iPad, windows based remote https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?pid=204237#p204237
Compatible all the way back to the ADI-2 pro which I have which does not have a remote. Essentially you will just plug your device with the program/app to the ADI-2 via USB. The Mac program is up and running with the iPad and windows app coming soon. The ADI-2 is truly the gift that keeps on giving with all their updates. RME does not try to force loyal customers to shell out $$ to “upgrade”. BRAVO 👋

1687623287732.png

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #5,645 of 6,020
RME does it again. A Mac, iPad, windows based remote https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?pid=204237#p204237
Compatible all the way back to the ADI-2 pro which I have which does not have a remote. Essentially you will just plug your device with the program/app to the ADI-2 via USB. The Mac program is up and running with the iPad and windows app coming soon. The ADI-2 is truly the gift that keeps on giving with all their updates. RME does not try to force loyal customers to shell out $$ to “upgrade”. BRAVO 👋

1687623287732.png
After upgrading the firmware, I installed this and it works perfectly. Imagine having all the functions and features that are packed inside the ADI-2 right in front of you on the screen! It's just astonishing. Surely, there is no other DAC/Amp that is so feature and function rich with an app like this one. It looks and works great on the MAC. I can't wait to see what it looks like on an iPad.

Jun 24, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #5,646 of 6,020
Thanks for posting this. I wasn't expecting it this soon. It's a game changer for me. I had originally sent back an RME ADI-2 as I found it too finicky to work with, but I missed the features so much I ordered another one. If this Remote had been available then I probably would have kept the first one. Thumbs up to RME...(running it on my Mac mini M2, works perfectly!)

Jun 26, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #5,647 of 6,020
Definitely a game changer and a very welcome feature for the RME ADI-2 lineup. Looking forward to the Windows OS release. I've always appreciated RME's continual improvements to the firmware and glad they are developing a nice software interface to make the adjustments easier. Wunderbar!

Jul 4, 2023 at 2:48 AM Post #5,654 of 6,020
@Another Audiophile how would you describe the differences between solely DAC sections? I don't care about DSP at all.
I couldn't hear a difference to be honest and at the end was all down to features where there is really no comparison. Many might say they difference is day and night but I can only share my experiences. Just to highlight that headphones is not my primary listening way. I mainly listen to my 2 channel stereo system and headphones as a secondary.

Jul 4, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #5,655 of 6,020
Has anyone compared the ADI-2 DAC FS to Chord Qutest or Mytek Brooklyn DAC+? I feel the RME is slightly grainy and I miss more of a full sound from the Mojo 2, so looking for something in between.
Add some bass via EQ if you want a fuller sound. Also try the different filters, Slow and Brickwall and Sharp are good.

I've compared the ADI 2 DAC FS to a lot of gear and would say it sounds clean and silky, no hint of grain. I'd also say that differences between DACs and AMPs are pretty irrelevant. Some audiophile gear seems to have more body but at the cost of resolution of detail, clarity and soundstage/imaging. You're better off adding body via EQ without loosing detail than with electronics in my oppinion.
If you like add an extra amp to the ADI 2.

The EQ is a gamechanger when it comes to soundquality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back