RME ADI-2 DAC Thread
Apr 11, 2023 at 9:11 PM Post #5,596 of 6,034
Interesting, that one a similar dac according the iFis website, happy to hear it's a solid upgrade. I purchased one last week, waiting for it to arrive hopefully later this week. Thanks for the information, more hyped to try it out now.
The 7-band PEQ and Crossfeed options on the RME are nice bonuses that you'll probably appreciate a lot.

Apr 11, 2023 at 9:12 PM Post #5,597 of 6,034
The 7-band PEQ and Crossfeed options on the RME are nice bonuses that you'll probably appreciate a lot.
The visualizer alone is makes the RME worth the money :wink:

Apr 12, 2023 at 4:16 AM Post #5,599 of 6,034
Apr 16, 2023 at 6:53 AM Post #5,601 of 6,034
how old one chip 4490 dac can compare vs 500eur modern dacs with double 4499 chips?
It is not only the chip which makes (or not makes..) the sound, but the whole implementation: Power supply, output stage etc...It seems that RME has found a very competent circuitery, which makes the used chip irrelevant for sound

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2023 at 8:08 AM Post #5,602 of 6,034
Has anyone tried the Ferrum Hypsos with the RME ADI-2?
If so, was there any benefit?
It is listed in the Hypsos compatibility list.
I apologize if this has already been discussed somewhere in this thread.
Thanks
I am also interested in this association with the hypsos: Has anyone given it a try ?
Please note that RME will issue 3 new power supplies (DPS2, LNI2 and LNI DC) for the Munich audio fair. I am keen on having feedbacks about these PS....

May 2, 2023 at 4:37 AM Post #5,604 of 6,034
I wonder how this unit compares to the Benchmark DAC 3 HGC in terms of SQ. Any thoughts?
There is nowadays nearly no audible differences between well made DACs. This is now no longer a question in the HiFi world. Only functionnalities, design, connections etc...make a difference. And of course the price, which will fuel the cognive bias (the more expensive, the more I expect, the more I will find...)

May 2, 2023 at 4:41 AM Post #5,605 of 6,034
There is nowadays nearly no audible differences between well made DACs. This is now no longer a question in the HiFi world. Only functionnalities, design, connections etc...make a difference. And of course the price, which will fuel the cognive bias (the more expensive, the more I expect, the more I will find...)
correct. im use ta-22 hybrid and rme adi-2 fs dac. for tone rolling tubes, but not tone sound on rme better change is better and no need buy new tubes.

May 5, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #5,606 of 6,034
RME ADI took serious jump up in quality/smoothness with Fiio PL50 linear power supply and wyred4sound usb to spdif bridge (also with ifi xpower supply).

It now bests the Mojo 2 (running on same system) for sound quality - it's smoother/organic especially on 3.5mm sounds fantastic, pure honey.

I can recommend the PL50 - for not a lot of money seems like a good linear supply.

Even something like Sennheiser IE200 IEMs sound like a million bucks TOTL. RME is pure gold for IEMs, put anything half decent on its 3.5mm and it'll elevate it to the stratosphere.

Last edited:
May 6, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #5,609 of 6,034
Does anyone know how to replace the glass on the display of the ADI-2. My display is fine but the glass on the front is cracked and needs replacing.
You’ll need to contact RME to replace the screen, ADI units had a few different IPS screens due to shortages and such. So you can’t just randomly buy one and hope it will fit and have the right connections for the PCB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back