RME ADI-2 DAC Thread
Dec 28, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #1,879 of 6,034
That is not the v2 remote or if it is, some of the keys and markings are missing from the photo...maybe it's a preproduction stock photo. I got the new version of the RME ADI-2 FS from the 1st batch Thomann.de received about 3 or 4 weeks ago and my remote is different from that pic. I will post a pic when I get back since I'm away for the hols now. If somebody doesn't post one before then.

This post has a pic of the remote which is identical to the one I got.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/rme-adi-2-dac-thread.868015/page-117#post-15326485

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #1,880 of 6,034
Dec 28, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #1,881 of 6,034
That is not the v2 remote or if it is, some of the keys and markings are missing from the photo...maybe it's a preproduction stock photo. I got the new version from the 1st batch Thomann.de received and my remote is different from that pic. I will post a pic when I get back since I'm away for the hols now. If somebody doesn't post one before then.
Well, the original remote is on the first post of this thread, the same remote I have. The remote in the pic looks like the same as new versions I have seen posted like this,
index.php

Dec 28, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #1,882 of 6,034
I am sorry. I was replying to the message that had this link: https://kytary.co.uk/rme-adi-2-dac/HN194959/ . That is the v1 remote 100%. I know it, because I have it right here, 30 cm from me.

I was too, I have no idea what the other guys are seeing or talking about it. The pic in the link is totally different from the pic @frogmeat69 just posted yet he seems to be saying the kytary remote is the same as his...

Here is that pic...
rme-adi-2-dac.jpg

I'm totally confused and this time it is not because of beer...

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #1,885 of 6,034
Dec 28, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #1,886 of 6,034
No! And now the mystery is solved.... @CaptainFantastic and I were referring to the pic on the kytary link since the discussion was about a great price which turns out to not be so great since it's V1.. Anyway, out of stock, never to return.

I must have missed that post, oops. One thing I do know, I have V1, lol.

Jan 15, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #1,889 of 6,034
I've contacted the local RME distributor, so I should be doing business some time this month. I'm aiming to get this equipment new, since it's so terrible scarce used. I'm going to sell my old Hugo "gen 1" to ease on the bill. However, lately I've thinking to also sell my Violectric V200, with that I should break even and get some cash for...stuff. However, I would kind of miss the V200. The ADI-2 amp is no slouch and measures better than the V280, which is kind of two V200 in one. I have really loved how the V200 has so far handled everything well. It fed the T1 with authority and it's making the Aiva sound so nice that I wish the T1 sounded that good. What I really like about the V200 is it's distinctly "dark" signature. Granted, with the ADI-2 I could tweak the bass to my heart's content.

Would I be missing some of that extra V200 power compared with the ADI-2? Down the line I would like to get stuff like the Focal Clear, Fostex TH-900, maybe something from Audeze. Is the ADI-2 DAC an adequate replacement; not necessary an upgrade, to the V200?

If my finances ever afford it, I would like to get something like a Phonitor, that would be a true upgrade to the V200. Also, more likely than not, the last AMP I would ever buy...but I digress.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #1,890 of 6,034
The ADI-2 amp is fine for Fostex and Audeze. It is not fine for Sennheisers. I don't know anything about the Focals.

I imagine the V280 would walk all over the ADI-2 amp section for headphones that need more power.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back