Riviera AIC-10 headphones & speakers amplifier
Feb 20, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #1,427 of 1,904
make sure to get the Barnett convolution filter for the CA-1a
This is a prerequisite as it transforms the CA-1a from very, very good to as good as anything available.

It will require the shift to players that support convolution filters.
Roon or Audirvana are starting points.

Feb 25, 2023 at 12:50 AM Post #1,428 of 1,904
Short update on the ‘SHARK TEETH’

I went back to my trusted 6211 for a short time and was surprised that it did not leave me fully satisfied, I am still on the Mullard and it is the most universal an complete Mullard tube I do own. It does have very nice details a punchy full bottom end and a relaxed and at the very same time lyrical presentation.

This one definitely is on the top of my list.

Feb 28, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #1,430 of 1,904
I have a brand new one unopened I would POTENTIALLY consider selling if price was right.

Basically I got mine with intention to buy speakers with it but am having realizations that I do not have room for speakers so it was an impulsive purchase. I plan to open this amp once my edelweiss dac comes in which is in about 2 weeks.

If offered a good fair price, I would consider selling, but unlikely I would sell. Yeah I am a wishy washy guy.
You'd sell it again? I mean, I'm Really enjoying the one you sold me right now...

Feb 28, 2023 at 7:07 AM Post #1,431 of 1,904
Wonderful tube. Replaced G73-R for a long time. I am completely satisfied listening with Valkyria, G73 with Abyss 1266 has more punch in lower freq, but overall presentation is much less "romantic"
When I purchased my first shark teeth Mullard there was 37 pieces on Langrex page. Now only 7 remained- hurry up!
Happy to sell mine or trade to G73R :))

Feb 28, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #1,432 of 1,904
Wonderful tube. Replaced G73-R for a long time. I am completely satisfied listening with Valkyria, G73 with Abyss 1266 has more punch in lower freq, but overall presentation is much less "romantic"
When I purchased my first shark teeth Mullard there was 37 pieces on Langrex page. Now only 7 remained- hurry up!
I'm currently on the same page. I keep thinking I should put the G73-R back in (I have 6 of them...), but I keep putting it off due to the musicality mixed with similar detail the shark teeth Mullard has.

Feb 28, 2023 at 7:22 AM Post #1,434 of 1,904
Unfortunately the G73-R goes for nearly 3x the cost of the shark teeth Mullard...
I am very aware of that :)) happy to throw in other tubes and some cash :))

Feb 28, 2023 at 7:39 AM Post #1,435 of 1,904
I'd sell two of the black label for what I paid, not trade.. I can show you the receipt, which will likely turn you away. I paid $621.26 each with paypal fees, shipping and exchange rate...

Feb 28, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #1,436 of 1,904
You'd sell it again? I mean, I'm Really enjoying the one you sold me right now...

Mine is still sealed. My speakers and playback dac comes at the same time. Either selling and get dedicated speaker amp or use it with abyss tc and deville speakers.

Unsure at moment. I never had time to open it despite being excited waiting for it. Every time I am about to open item, I either dont have time or second guess to consider the dedicated speaker amp route.

Feb 28, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #1,437 of 1,904
What headphones and dac are you using with it? You got a mint condition one sir.

I got mine brand new still sealed, as I missed it quite a bit but have a small choice dilemma on hand.

Mar 2, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #1,439 of 1,904
What headphones and dac are you using with it? You got a mint condition one sir.

I got mine brand new still sealed, as I missed it quite a bit but have a small choice dilemma on hand.

Chord TT2 with Mscaler and Abyss Phi. Someday I'll upgrade the DAC, but I have to recover from new car purchase...

Mar 2, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #1,440 of 1,904
Chord TT2 with Mscaler and Abyss Phi. Someday I'll upgrade the DAC, but I have to recover from new car purchase...
Beautiful set up. I am sure you are enjoying that set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back