Riviera AIC-10 headphones & speakers amplifier
Feb 13, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #1,396 of 1,919
Replied, I leave to Canada for work, so if you do end up buying, you can swing by my residential house and pay my wife and she will give item to you. Item is completely sealed, unused, and I waited 3 to 4 months for it as these are now build to order.

Feb 13, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #1,397 of 1,919
There are many interested buyers it is just how much you can accept losing as few will pay near the retail price you paid, based on my experience selling the second hand is a losing game, all about losing money, unlike others’ conspiracy theories imaging I’m making profit lmao.

Since it seems like AIC could be used as a power amp to connect with other pre. If you decide to stay in headphone game, it is hard to find a better alternative as a headphone power amp. Plus it sounds great with PBD.
Retail is like 24K or something I think correct?

Anyways based on few offers, decided to keep, will open in about 2 weeks when the edelweiss dac comes in.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #1,398 of 1,919
Retail is like 24K or something I think correct?

Anyways based on few offers, decided to keep, will open in about 2 weeks when the edelweiss dac comes in.
I should have been a Riviera dealer as everyone demoing my system want to buy one lol like the two of you.

I’m offering free info and free demoing getting nothing for returns… except hatred and jealousy from the miserable lol

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #1,399 of 1,919
I should have been a Riviera dealer as everyone demoing my system want to buy one lol like the two of you.

I’m offering free info and free demoing getting nothing for returns… except hatred and jealousy…
Buying deville tmrw to double down on keeping riviera.

Feb 13, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #1,400 of 1,919
Feb 13, 2023 at 8:52 PM Post #1,401 of 1,919
did you end up trying it? did you get SQ or standard? congrats btw!
Yes I went to visit ceo and owner at the brooklyn showroom. I have already ordered a pair and moving all my source gear to my warehouse along with speakers as my home office space does not have enough room for speakers (hence reason why I considered selling aic 10) as I bought aic10 mainly to be able to use devilles also.

In a way, I am glad I could not sell the aic for what I wanted. I think I may have regretted it tbh. Having audio components > having money when basic necessities are met.

Feb 14, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #1,402 of 1,919
did you end up trying it? did you get SQ or standard? congrats btw!
SQ.

Thank you. Definitely am not type to take this blessing for granted.

Feb 14, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #1,403 of 1,919
SQ.

Thank you. Definitely am not type to take this blessing for granted.
super exciting! this launched me into the world of high efficiency horns.

I will wait for your impressions in the DeVille thread!

Feb 15, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #1,404 of 1,919
super exciting! this launched me into the world of high efficiency horns.

I will wait for your impressions in the DeVille thread!
Will do will send photos once set up is done. Quite excited but work has been keeping me really busy alongside new born. (To the point where aic 10 is still sealed in box)

I feel bad for my new born. His father uses all spare funds on audio and he will have no college funds.

Feb 16, 2023 at 1:13 AM Post #1,405 of 1,919
Tube #38 Mullard M8136 CV4003 1957 ‘SHARK TEETH’

Even though I probably now have tubes for multiple lifetimes, you guys made me really curious on the Mullard. I really do want to find the Mullard that does keep me happy for a longer time listening, speaking of multiple month. So far I have been always been gravitating back to Telefunken, counting the Tesla ECC802s into the same stable. It has taken many weeks until the tubes finally arrived at my doorsteps, got stuck in customs and sent back, got stuck at Royal Mail due to the breach… modern times…

But finally they are here:

3A506324-7D3B-4F4C-817C-633DC1280F76.jpeg

I came directly from my beloved Telefunken “Gold Pin” 6211, I’d say the most “Mullard” tube I do own in terms of what I was looking for. But now the “Shark Teeth”. Right out of the box it sounded a bit flat and dry, a bit of a disappointment coming from the rich bodied and color full 6211. But the improvements were imminent, probably a really mint tube that has never seen current, so the flatness resolved very fast into a nicely spaced and layered presentation. The bas section and mid bas though was a bit unbalanced towards an emphasized bottom end.

Day two, listening to:

D71F0472-83C1-4F49-B3FE-8E4193F5490D.jpeg

I have to admit there is nothing really wrong with the presentation, fast well balanced and a nice layering of the strings. But, I am describing and listening to this tube in a very technical analytical way and probably this relates to the fact that it does not really “catch” me. I had similar thoughts on my very nice Philips tubes, they don’t do anything really wrong. But I am always waiting for the moment of really being attached to the emotional notes. Something the Mola Mola & Rivera is super strong with, if the tube projects it.

But wait a second, the track “Auf einer Bug” suddenly catches my attention. There it is … drama, tragedy and melancholy. This is a nice little journey, projected from long ago… mid 18th century the “German Romantik” straight from the heart of Germany. Listen to one of the many versions and maybe it does carry you away as well, if you are into that sort of music at all :wink:.

This is probably the best Mullard I have heard and own!

Is it for me, in my setup? If it would be the tube the AIC-10 came with I’d probably never gave a thorough of swapping the tube against any other make or brand. But now, after a long journey of trying out so many different tubes, some I only listened in very shortly and some stayed for month. I think I have developed a sort of taste, like your favorite wine. Nothing wrong with other berries or wineries, but if you have the choice you instinctively know the tray the bottles of choice sit and wait for you.

I‘ll give them a longer listen but I guess I’ll end up with a Telefunken quite soon… But this is purely personal preference

****** update *******

Maybe I was a bif quick to assume I’d move back to Telefunken after a short time. This tube is growing on my and additionally it has improved as well. It has taken some days to fully shine, the leanness in the mid bas section has completely vanished and does now very nicely blend into the overall signature.

The part is like the most is it’s “finesse”, it is a very calm and relaxed presentation with nice details but in a very unagitated way. A nice and relaxed flow of music, nice presence but never superficial.

Definately a very nice tube!

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2023 at 1:18 AM Post #1,406 of 1,919
Does anyone else feel paranoid qbout changing tube on this amp.

I kind of do.

Feb 16, 2023 at 1:57 AM Post #1,407 of 1,919
Does anyone else feel paranoid qbout changing tube on this amp.

I kind of do.
i changed it thousands of times, it did feel scary at first, but it really is ok

Feb 16, 2023 at 1:58 AM Post #1,408 of 1,919
Tube #38 Mullard M8136 CV4003 1957 ‘SHARK TEETH’

Even though I probably now have tubes for multiple lifetimes, you guys made me really curious on the Mullard. I really do want to find the Mullard that does keep me happy for a longer time listening, speaking of multiple month. So far I have been always been gravitating back to Telefunken, counting the Tesla ECC802s into the same stable. It has taken many weeks until the tubes finally arrived at my doorsteps, got stuck in customs and sent back, got stuck at Royal Mail due to the breach… modern times…

But finally they are here:

3A506324-7D3B-4F4C-817C-633DC1280F76.jpeg

I came directly from my beloved Telefunken “Gold Pin” 6211, I’d say the most “Mullard” tube I do own in terms of what I was looking for. But now the “Shark Teeth”. Right out of the box it sounded a bit flat and dry, a bit of a disappointment coming from the rich bodied and color full 6211. But the improvements were imminent, probably a really mint tube that has never seen current, so the flatness resolved very fast into a nicely spaced and layered presentation. The bas section and mid bas though was a bit unbalanced towards an emphasized bottom end.

Day two, listening to:

D71F0472-83C1-4F49-B3FE-8E4193F5490D.jpeg

I have to admit there is nothing really wrong with the presentation, fast well balanced and a nice layering of the strings. But, I am describing and listening to this tube in a very technical analytical way and probably this relates to the fact that it does not really “catch” me. I had similar thoughts on my very nice Philips tubes, they don’t do anything really wrong. But I am always waiting for the moment of really being attached to the emotional notes. Something the Mola Mola & Rivera is super strong with, if the tube projects it.

But wait a second, the track “Auf einer Bug” suddenly catches my attention. There it is … drama, tragedy and melancholy. This is a nice little journey, projected from long ago… mid 18th century the “German Romantik” straight from the heart of Germany. Listen to one of the many versions and maybe it does carry you away as well, if you are into that sort of music at all :wink:.

This is probably the best Mullard I have heard and own!

Is it for me, in my setup? If it would be the tube the AIC-10 came with I’d probably never gave a thorough of swapping the tube against any other make or brand. But now, after a long journey of trying out so many different tubes, some I only listened in very shortly and some stayed for month. I think I have developed a sort of taste, like your favorite wine. Nothing wrong with other berries or wineries, but if you have the choice you instinctively know the tray the bottles of choice sit and wait for you.

I‘ll give them a longer listen but I guess I’ll end up with a Telefunken quite soon… But this is purely personal preference
I got one for sale if anyone is interested! 😇

Feb 17, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #1,409 of 1,919
My fellow aic brothers.... is the speaker cables going from speakers into aic using banana plugs or spades or it can be "either or"?

Just put in speaker order and need to choose now.

Quick answer needed, help help lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back