RikudouGoku's Database (IEMs/Earbuds/headphones/tips Ranking list, Music list)
Dec 11, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #571 of 1,213
Thank you very much.

Soundstage, instrument separation and imaging are better on the HD 560S (the low bass quantity and high treble quantity will give it an advantage).

While details and timbre is better on the A7. The naturality on the HD 560S is bottlenecked a lot by its tonality being too bright and shouty to me.

If you are planing to game with one of these, I recommend the HD 560S over the A7. But for music I enjoy the A7 much more.

(A7 = red pop, low gain Ibasso DX160) (HD 560S = high gain Ibasso DX160)
I am interested to get lz a7. I haven't hd560S but I have HD598, HD650 and K702. I am pretty sure HD560S is quite similar to HD598 and to K702. It is intersting to hear that lz a7 are more detailed and more enjoyable to listen music. Thx for the reply

Dec 11, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #572 of 1,213
I am interested to get lz a7. I haven't hd560S but I have HD598, HD650 and K702. I am pretty sure HD560S is quite similar to HD598 and to K702. It is intersting to hear that lz a7 are more detailed and more enjoyable to listen music. Thx for the reply
np, do take into consideration that I prefer iems over headphones though. But for my library the A7 is much better than the HD 560S.

Dec 11, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #573 of 1,213
Schiit Asgard 3 ordered. :joy:

Headphones bring it on, because I got:
1607718404471.png

Dec 12, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #574 of 1,213
2020-12-12: Shuoer Tape Pro, AKA Torture Pro review: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/shuoer-tape-pro.24822/reviews#item-review-24907

Rank E

im ****ing free from this hell.

Tape = Beta version
Tape Pro = Alpha version

I dont believe that they spent 1 year "tuning" this. Because it sounds like garbage.
10 minutes playing with EQ on the original Tape sounds better on all aspects than this crap.

Well, lets see if I will get another review unit from linsoul hahahah.

Dec 12, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #575 of 1,213
Shuoer Tape Pro, AKA Torture Pro review

Ouch! Ruthless review man. Well done. So far only one reviewer seems to have "praised" them (and that guy praises anything that plays 70s rock and 90s hip-hop somewhat decently) so I guess this is a massive flop/blunder on Shuoer's end. They have followed up the Tape with two poor IEMs so I'm not sure what to think of them as a brand anymore. At least they've changed the stock case to something actually usable (absolutely hated the original Tape case, completely unusable in winter).

Dec 12, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #576 of 1,213
Ouch! Ruthless review man. Well done. So far only one reviewer seems to have "praised" them (and that guy praises anything that plays 70s rock and 90s hip-hop somewhat decently) so I guess this is a massive flop/blunder on Shuoer's end. They have followed up the Tape with two poor IEMs so I'm not sure what to think of them as a brand anymore. At least they've changed the stock case to something actually usable (absolutely hated the original Tape case, completely unusable in winter).
Which other iem are you referring to? The singer?

Based on both the original tape and the tape pro. They don't know how to tune...

I am more forgiving about using eq on the tape because it was one of the first magneto static iems and shuoers first. And it also has a very high quality sound.

The pro on the other hand Is a second generation product and with 1 year in between. And it also sounds worse than the original on quality factors. So I am definitely not going to hold back on it....

Dec 12, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #577 of 1,213
Ironically, the pro might have better coherency than the tape, because it doesn't have the hyper detailed mids/treble like in the pro and is equally detailed across the range.

If I give a number to them it would be like this(in terms of details).

Tape:
Bass = 3
Mids = 6
Treble = 6

Tape pro:
Bass = 1
Mids = 1
Treble = 1

Dec 17, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #578 of 1,213
Dec 19, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #579 of 1,213
Before:
20201219_145341.jpg

After:
20201219_150800.jpg

Welcome to Asgard

Topping E30 + JDS OL Switch + Schiit Asgard 3 VS Topping E30 + JDS OL Switch + JDS Atom

(* = very good change will have a hard time picking the Atom over the A3.)

Sony XBA-N3: lower bass extension but actually a bit cleaner. *

JVC HA-MX100V: Even more natural sound, a bit cleaner and bigger soundstage. *

Sony MDR-1AM2: Cleaner bass (tighter and faster), a bit more forward vocals, bigger soundstage and more details, warmer tonality. *

Sennheiser HD 560S: a bit warmer and more natural sounding. *

Tin Hifi P1: warmer tonality and tighter/faster bass.

Tanchjim Oxygen: tighter, faster and more textured bass. Slightly warmer tonality.

Sony XBA-Z5: lower bass extension and a bit more rumble but similar clarity.

LZ A7 (pop-red): much better bass texture. *

Fiio FH3: slightly warmer tonality, lower bass extension and better bass texture. *

Intime Sora 2: better bass texture.

Blon BL-03 (mesh mod): better bass extension, tighter/faster and cleaner. *

Final Audio E5000: a bit tighter/faster bass but even warmer than it already is (not good).

LZ A6 (pink): better bass texture and bigger soundstage. *

Warmer tonality, lower bass extension, tighter/faster bass are the general changes.

Build quality is outstanding on it. Very solid and heavy (heavier than my whole Topping E30 + JDS OL switch + JDS atom stack lol). Will not slide around on your table either when connecting/disconnecting the 6.35mm port. The volume wheel and the switches (gain, input and power) are very high quality as well. It does get warm when it is on, but not hot (I can put my arm over it like a heater, perfect for cold places like Sweden lol).

I paid 260 usd for it (haven’t received any messages about the import fees yet, but I do expect another 60ish usd for it…). If you are in the US and have iems in the 300 usd range or headphones, I will definitely recommend it (at the price of 200 usd….). But for everyone else that will probably have a lot of extra fees added on top of it, I would only recommend it if you are interested in headphones or/and have expensive iems that you want to increase the quality of.

Although If I wanted to nitpick on it, I do wish that the side panels were silver as well rather than black and that it “only” has 1 input (RCA). While even my JDS Atom has 2 (RCA and 3.5mm).

Dec 20, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #580 of 1,213
Audioquest Nighthawks Carbon ordered. :joy:

Dec 22, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #581 of 1,213
Since you're expanding into HPs now, is there any chance that you would do a review for the hd600? it seems to me that it might fit your preferences

Dec 22, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #582 of 1,213
Since you're expanding into HPs now, is there any chance that you would do a review for the hd600? it seems to me that it might fit your preferences
Judging from the hd560s and this graph:
graph (14).png

I wont like the 600 at all. I am not sure where I am going with headphones really. But we see how it goes after I gotten the Nighthawks Carbon.

Dec 26, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #583 of 1,213
2020-12-26: Here is my christmas present to you guys, Fiio FD5 review: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-fd5.24858/reviews#item-review-25005

I personally prefer the tuning on the A7 (pop-red) more, but the FD5 is better in terms of sound sounds more natural as well.

Also, some ranking updates:

Moondrop Blessing 2 from A+ to B+
Moondrop KXXS from B+ to B
Audiosense T800 from A- to B+
Sony MDR-XB75AP from B to C+
ThieAudio Voyager 3 from B to C+
Azla Azel from B to B-
Sony XBA-A2 from A- to B+

Havent used the B2 in a long time, so comparing this to the FD5 just reaffirmed that the FD5 (and the Oxygen) are better than the B2 lol.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #584 of 1,213
Now that 2020 is finally over (please let 2021 be better), here is my audio gear of the year.

Rules:

• Not limited to 2020 products
  • Products with known QC problems are disqualified (for example, no Urbanfun ISS014 (driver uncertainty/mmcx failure) or LZ A6 (moisture issue))
  • Nr 1 is the winner and nr 2 is the runner up.
  • Exotic driver are the iems that include a driver other than DD/BA.
  • No EQ or other modifications allowed except tips (which is more a fit factor) and cables (for balanced output from my DX160).
IEMS:

Single driver count/type:

1. Fiio FD5
  2. Tanchjim Oxygen
Hybrid/multi-driver:

1. Sony XBA-N3
  2. Fiio FH3
Exotic driver:

1. LZ A7
  2. Intime Sora 2
Earbuds:

1. Yincrow X6
  2. Toneking Dendroaspis Viridis
Headphones:

1. JVC HA-MX100V
  2. Sony MDR-1AM2

2021: I hope to see more budget friendly EST iems coming in 2021. 2020 was the year when we got more EST choices from the Tri Starlight to the Penon Volt, but most of them were in the same (super expensive) price range. So, I hope we get cheaper EST iems (Sonion EST) so that more people can try them. But I mostly want chi-fi to improve with QC, because having an iffy QC even for the 100-300 usd range is not OK with me. I am also looking to give BA only iems another chance (or 2...), since it seems we are getting closer to the point where, BA´s sounds like a DD in both bass texture and timbre.

hope you guys had a good Christmas and a happy new year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back