RikuBuds Hangout
Nov 26, 2022 at 6:57 PM Post #31 of 144
Hey guys, i've read a bit and i'd really like to order Alter Rider 1 and/or Saber 1. Through links i see either only drivers 1669502727061.png or drivers in shells 1669502377981.png.

How exactly are they sold? How would you recommend i go about it if I'd like the complete functioning earbuds with a wire and 3.5mm jack?
Thanks.
Contact @RikudouGoku here or on Instagram (RikuBuds) and he'll sort you out! They come wired and ready to go

Nov 26, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #32 of 144
Nov 27, 2022 at 6:13 AM Post #33 of 144
Hey guys, i've read a bit and i'd really like to order Alter Rider 1 and/or Saber 1. Through links i see either only drivers 1669502727061.png or drivers in shells 1669502377981.png.

How exactly are they sold? How would you recommend i go about it if I'd like the complete functioning earbuds with a wire and 3.5mm jack?
Thanks.
You need to contact @RikudouGoku through PM and he will give you all info :wink:
I have Berserker 1 and Alter Rider 1 and I can give you all the best recommendations on this two buds.

Feb 26, 2023 at 10:47 PM Post #36 of 144
A bit late, but I also wanted to thank Riku for his work here as well.

Speaking as someone has has multiple high end headphones and iems, these buds have a place for when you want great tonality in a light, uninstrusive package.

For sure worth picking up at least 1 to add to any collection (I bought 6 and enjoy them all lol). My fav are the 2 Grand Saber variants.

Mar 4, 2023 at 9:45 PM Post #38 of 144
Just thought I'd post some thoughts here. Rikubuds Rider 1 is my favorite transducer. Recently I got in the HD600 which it completely stomps in every way. I believe that the Grand Rider 2 is a more capable bud, but it lacks a little warmth which, for every day use, the Rider 1 has for me. I find the GR2 to not be too dissimilar to the Olina SE, an IEM, but the GR2 has better overall sound while the Olina SE has that sub bass rumble which is hard to replicate in open back stuff.

May 3, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #39 of 144
Received my RikuBuds order today and couldn’t be happier - with the sound, the cable, the fit of the Val39 shells, even the case. Grand Archer 1 has all the detail and none of the harshness of other treble-centric buds; Grand Rider 2 just does everything right, mellow without being dull; but the Grand Berserker 2 has my jaw dropping from the awesome bass! Not a bass head, but I appreciate it when done well, and these are done extremely well. Not bloated or overpowering, just authoritative and clean. Some bass tracks I listen to, I always thought the distortion was in the recording, but it was the buds - no distortion on the GB2. Anyway, just sharing my quick impressions and excitement for all 3 sets.

Attachments

• IMG_8469.jpeg
    IMG_8469.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
May 3, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #40 of 144
Received my RikuBuds order today and couldn’t be happier - with the sound, the cable, the fit of the Val39 shells, even the case. Grand Archer 1 has all the detail and none of the harshness of other treble-centric buds; Grand Rider 2 just does everything right, mellow without being dull; but the Grand Berserker 2 has my jaw dropping from the awesome bass! Not a bass head, but I appreciate it when done well, and these are done extremely well. Not bloated or overpowering, just authoritative and clean. Some bass tracks I listen to, I always thought the distortion was in the recording, but it was the buds - no distortion on the GB2. Anyway, just sharing my quick impressions and excitement for all 3 sets.
Nice haul! Val39 is an amazingly comfortable shell and the 4.4 XINHS cables Riku offers are my favorite bud cables yet. I agree with you on the GB2, it definitely lived up to its name when I tried it (bud bass is real)!

May 3, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #41 of 144
I love my Rider1 and the Mx500 shells are perfect for my ears. Which ones would be a step up from those? Grand Rider2 I would guess. I listen to mostly jazz, but also some blues and rock.

Thanks

May 3, 2023 at 8:45 PM Post #42 of 144
I love my Rider1 and the Mx500 shells are perfect for my ears. Which ones would be a step up from those? Grand Rider2 I would guess. I listen to mostly jazz, but also some blues and rock.

Thanks
As the name implies, Grand series buds are upgrades on the normal series. I would never take a single normal over the corresponding Grand I’ve heard

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 8:46 PM Post #43 of 144
Grand Super Ti Boost when? The Grand Rider 2 has grown on me and is probably my overall fav now for general use

Last edited:
May 4, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #44 of 144
Grand Super Ti Boost when? The Grand Rider 2 has grown on me and is probably my overall fav now for general use
Ti (or any other metal) aint happening, the extra weight compared to resin is very likely a pretty big bottleneck for the fit and we all know that fit is everything with buds. (bad fit = bad sound.)

May 4, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #45 of 144
Grand Alter Saber 2 looks really interesting to me. I am just wondering if it would even be possible to have removable cables with these or would that implementation be too cumbersome?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back