RikuBuds Hangout
Feb 6, 2024 at 2:11 AM Post #136 of 144
Do you listen to instrumental or vocal jazz? Or bit of both? Might get a GAS3 but not sure if it overlaps with my existing TGXEAR sets

Mine is mostly vocal jazz.

The GAS3 is warm neutral, very balanced with good imaging and technicalities and organic timbre. It may be boring for some genres (eg EDM/hip hop), but I really like it for classical, OST and jazz pieces cause it doesn't overly emphasize any frequency band.

It needs an amp though, 180 ohm impedance.

Have you heard the Sony M7 or M9 per chance? Tonally, the GAS3 is similar.

Feb 6, 2024 at 6:49 AM Post #137 of 144
Do you listen to instrumental or vocal jazz? Or bit of both? Might get a GAS3 but not sure if it overlaps with my existing TGXEAR sets
I listen to mostly Instrumental/Classical/Acoustic genres and Riku suggested the Alter Rider 3 which I find was an excellent choice.

Feb 7, 2024 at 2:45 AM Post #139 of 144
Mine is mostly vocal jazz.

The GAS3 is warm neutral, very balanced with good imaging and technicalities and organic timbre. It may be boring for some genres (eg EDM/hip hop), but I really like it for classical, OST and jazz pieces cause it doesn't overly emphasize any frequency band.

It needs an amp though, 180 ohm impedance.

Have you heard the Sony M7 or M9 per chance? Tonally, the GAS3 is similar.
Ah I see. I asked Riku and he recommended Saber 3, and @HiFlight recommended AR3, and you recommended GAS3 😂😂😂 I think YMMV is evident here haha.

I might get a second hand GAS3 - just so the technicalities are a bit better than non-Grand series, and I suspect it'll have a better chance against my other TGXEAR sets!

Do you still use GAS3 often? Anyone else keen to share their impressions?

Feb 7, 2024 at 5:56 AM Post #140 of 144
Ah I see. I asked Riku and he recommended Saber 3, and @HiFlight recommended AR3, and you recommended GAS3 😂😂😂 I think YMMV is evident here haha.

I might get a second hand GAS3 - just so the technicalities are a bit better than non-Grand series, and I suspect it'll have a better chance against my other TGXEAR sets!

Do you still use GAS3 often? Anyone else keen to share their impressions?

Yep, I use the GAS3 around 3x a week for late night jazz listening sessions, since the 1 month I bought it.

Yep, hope for impressions and reviews from others too!

Mar 3, 2024 at 5:31 AM Post #142 of 144
Here's a review of the Rikubuds Saber 3: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/rikubuds-alter-rider-3-saber-3.26836/reviews#review-33167

Rikubuds 7.jpeg

Pros:
Well accessorized
Comfortable, well-fitting and light
Smooth sonics with not an ounce of fatigue, great for long listening sessions
Thick note weight, lush signature
One for bassheads, great bass thump and rumble for a earbud
Natural timbre
Good soundstage and imaging

Cons:
Balanced/detachable cable comes at added cost
Requires amplification for optimal sonics
Not the last word in micro-detailing and clarity, due to darkish treble
Not for trebleheads

This is the Final E3000/E5000 equivalent of the earbud world, furnishing a very smooth and warm/bassy L-shaped signature, with no harshness in the upper mids and treble. It is a great choice for long fatigue-free listening sessions. Bassheads also will love the tuning, as it has a huge mid-bass thump and deep sub-bass extension, compared to other conventional earbuds.

Apr 29, 2024 at 2:24 AM Post #143 of 144
IMG_1387.jpeg

Hi, new RikuBuds owner here. Im quite new to the world of earbuds but not to Head-Fi in general. I recently got my hands om a pair of Penon PAC (who sadly broke after a week) and was quite impressed by sound and comfort. I did some reading and ended up ordering a pair of Grand Alter Saber 3 from RikudouGoku.

First impressions were that these buds play at a completly different level! After a while of listening i can confirm my first impressions, GAS 3 is a masterpiece. They sound good from Go Blu but a little better from Gryphon. They take XBassII really well without bleeding. The soundstage is great and voices sound so nice. I am most impressed by the technical level across the register. Organic, too, with adequate separation (not to much like some IEMs & planars). The base really has a lot of texture. Sure, it's not a basehead bud, but it's nimble, fast and with a lot of detail. I assume that it takes EQ well as XBass works so well. Then they have a slightly restrained mid-bass, but that's also what brings out voices so nicely. Then the detail and "sparkle" at the top are great too! And the soundstage is wide and holografic coming from such a small little bud.

Ive had some pretty impressive open-backs over the years and i can really say that GAS 3 can replace most of them at a fraction of their price. If you like i do, prefer bass boosted neutral (i think it handle most genres excellent) GAS 3 delivers true head-fi in a super portable and comfortable package!

I am very pleased right now and I clearly prefer them to the IE600 and that says something. Well done!

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2024 at 3:37 AM Post #144 of 144
IMG_1387.jpeg

Hi, new RikuBuds owner here. Im quite new to the world of earbuds but not to Head-Fi in general. I recently got my hands om a pair of Penon PAC (who sadly broke after a week) and was quite impressed by sound and comfort. I did some reading and ended up ordering a pair of Grand Alter Saber 3 from RikudouGoku.

First impressions were that these buds play at a completly different level! After a while of listening i can confirm my first impressions, GAS 3 is a masterpiece. They sound good from Go Blu but a little better from Gryphon. They take XBassII really well without bleeding. The soundstage is great and voices sound so nice. I am most impressed by the technical level across the register. Organic, too, with adequate separation (not to much like some IEMs & planars). The base really has a lot of texture. Sure, it's not a basehead bud, but it's nimble, fast and with a lot of detail. I assume that it takes EQ well as XBass works so well. Then they have a slightly restrained mid-bass, but that's also what brings out voices so nicely. Then the detail and "sparkle" at the top are great too! And the soundstage is wide and holografic coming from such a small little bud.

Ive had some pretty impressive open-backs over the years and i can really say that GAS 3 can replace most of them at a fraction of their price. If you like i do, prefer bass boosted neutral (i think it handle most genres excellent) GAS 3 delivers true head-fi in a super portable and comfortable package!

I am very pleased right now and I clearly prefer them to the IE600 and that says something. Well done!
Welcome to the earbuds rabbit hole! And congrats on getting the GAS3 - I have one as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back