Rihanna - What's My Name *End of a Decade* Could Music finally be returning?????
Nov 16, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #16 of 47

Quote:
The 2000s were terrible, the 90s destroyed music, the 1980s perfected it, and Rihanna is going to bring it back.

An astonishing 0 for 4. I mean incredible.

It shocks me that people talk about music as though only the radio exists. If one wishes to be a passive consumer of the capitalist machine I suppose that is their choice, but many of us aren't.

Also, as a small side note, popular music has mostly always sucked. While there were moments in the 60s where it was ok, it is still a decade that produced tons of absolute crap pop music.

Music was amazing in the 2000s. Phenomenal. If one is not aware of that then they simply have not paid attention.

X2 - There's always good new music out there, you just have to look for it. (and popular doesn't always mean bad)

Nov 16, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #17 of 47
for the love of a princess all day

Nov 16, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #20 of 47
"What's My Name?"

Has anyone else noticed that quite a few artists don't know what their name is? It seems pervasive in the rap/hiphop community.

Sorry, but I don't find clichés terribly interesting.

Nov 17, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #22 of 47

Quote:

Quote:
Anyone seen this video as yet or heard this song as yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0CGsw6h60k

If this is the future of music, I think I'll continual to live in the past.

Lol, you too?
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 17, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #23 of 47
I think music is an event. For example, the statement that Lady Gaga is useless is false. The way the music makes some girls move is all the better.... try to think outside the box man. Not all music is meant to be listened to in our audiophile caves. Grow up, there are preferences, things we like better, even things we can rank. There are some things that are less objective than others. But that terribly over played song that was playing while taking your girlfriend home after your first date is just as good as any to me. 

Nov 17, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #24 of 47
Kind of a silly premise, but if pressed to offer an opinion, I would say that music was "perfected" in 1826 -- the year that Beethoven's "Grosse Fugue" premiered.

Nov 17, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #26 of 47
Nov 17, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #28 of 47
There is absolutely nothing wrong with music of any decade if you have enough sense to look for artists beyond the billboard charts or similar rating systems. Ignorance is bliss i guess.

Nov 19, 2010 at 7:23 AM Post #29 of 47
adub
nicely stated, you are right, those of you who look for music elsewhere than just the charts do end up finding some really good ones. the charts these days are just full of pop music and they just cater to the trends rather than diversifying.

Nov 19, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #30 of 47
No matter what period of time it is, there will always be crappy music.  I think I'm coming to terms with it.  For every Beatles there are 100 New Kids on the Block.  Some of the crappy music can be really entertaining though.  I think I'm going to listen to the now-classic "Pimp Juice" from Nelly. 
devil_face.gif
 Guilty pleasures! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back