Rigged bidding on ebay
Jan 28, 2007 at 7:31 AM Post #5 of 11
Quite sad. eBay used to be a pretty decent place, at least when buying small ticket items. These days, I try to stay as far away as possible for a number of reasons, and this just adds to the list.

I did get an excellent deal recently on an "as new" professional SportsArt rowing machine which saved me $700 even after spending nearly $500 to ship it from Kansas City to Miami. So I still check eBay quite often before buying new items, but you really have to be careful, and do all sorts of due dilligence with your trading partner (at least one phone call plus as much of an email dialogue as you can possibly establish).

Jan 28, 2007 at 7:57 AM Post #6 of 11
i still love ebay. lots of great deals. but you just have to be much more careful now a days and bidding on expensive items is a real risk.

Jan 28, 2007 at 9:56 AM Post #8 of 11
I think eBay reversed that silly course of action. I was looking to pick up some ebay stock when it dipped sharply thinking it'll most likely go up for a nice short term profit. It did go up nicely. Except I forgot how long it takes to transfer funds from my bank to my etrade account and it was a bit too late when the fund arrived...
frown.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 10:02 AM Post #9 of 11
I guess you guys haven't been on ebay much. They dropped that hidden ID idea a couple days ago. It's back to the way it was originally.

Jan 28, 2007 at 1:43 PM Post #10 of 11
It was still there last night as I watched the naieve folks or shills happily bid up an item beyond its retail value. Ebay was useful when it was a place for individuals to dispose of extra stuff. It is now mainly a venue for small merchants and liquidators. It sometimes has hard to find items or occasional good prices but it is mainly just an electronic shopping center rather than the fun flea market of 5 or 6 years ago.

Jan 28, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess you guys haven't been on ebay much. They dropped that hidden ID idea a couple days ago. It's back to the way it was originally.

Nope it's still hidden bidder for anything higher than $200

http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-FXA32-DVD-C...QQcmdZViewItem

But show user for lower than $200

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PSP-DEAD-TO...QQcmdZViewItem

[size=xx-small]*Those are random search for illustration purpose only I did not even read what those auction was about.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back