Rhapsodio thread
Feb 13, 2024 at 6:12 AM Post #2,177 of 2,203
Feb 21, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #2,179 of 2,203
My aim for 2024 is to put all my focus, funds on finishing my sp3 setup.

I don't see any new exciting iem releasing that can possibly make me want to add to the list below.

Currently, there are two IEM in my collection that have more to offer that my current setup allows them.
One being Supreme V3. I'll focus on the cable, see if RS8 is good enough. If not, I might go all in an buy Boulder Dac 812 which is what @Solarsammy recommends.

What makes V3 so special for you? From the review above it may be a little too thin for western style music? Are you only in for vocal and acoustics? I am very interested in V3 but not too cheap just try out.

Feb 22, 2024 at 12:56 AM Post #2,180 of 2,203
What makes V3 so special for you? From the review above it may be a little too thin for western style music? Are you only in for vocal and acoustics? I am very interested in V3 but not too cheap just try out.
My librwry includes is pretty much everything excluding heavy metal.
What has v3 able to do for me in terms of micro-detail, while maintaining an above average macro details ( related to soundstage and where each sound is positioned) if aces both. Normally things that do well with on, will suffer with other.

What V3 lacks is impact air, which reduces the bass impact and due to its fast response (either to do with the driver technology or housing) bass decays quick and there isn't much reverb to make the bass more impact full.

I'm told this improves with cable, but the cable alone cost 3/5 of V3.

Another thing about V3 is that it really responds to source, I'm eyeing boulder dac 812.

Feb 28, 2024 at 10:52 PM Post #2,181 of 2,203
Ok I just got the V3 today. To my surprise no packaging but only comes with wooden box containing earpieces, cable and eartips.
For 7K I would expect some fancy packaging :) This is the heaviest IEM I have ever worn so I am not sure if I can eventually get used to it.
After an hour I already felt like wearing heavy brass instrument on my ears.

This is not a iem with heavy bass impact. The bass is never bloated on any tunes I played, and that was the exact reason I tried V3.
If you can tolerate Fei Wan bass (I can't), you may not like V3. I can give A+ on imaging, clarity, resolution, treble extension and soundstage.
I am still not clear about the motive behind having IEM this big and heavy though..

Feb 29, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #2,182 of 2,203
Ok I just got the V3 today. To my surprise no packaging but only comes with wooden box containing earpieces, cable and eartips.
For 7K I would expect some fancy packaging :) This is the heaviest IEM I have ever worn so I am not sure if I can eventually get used to it.

This is not a iem with heavy bass impact. The bass is never bloated on any tunes I played, and that was the exact reason I tried V3.
If you can tolerate Fei Wan bass (I can't), you may not like V3. I can give A+ on imaging, clarity, resolution, treble extension and soundstage.
I am still not clear about the motive behind having IEM this big and heavy though..
Push the iem as deep as you can. Use the smallest tip size, have the tip go past the iem tip by 1 mm.

Feb 29, 2024 at 4:22 AM Post #2,183 of 2,203

Thank you very much for your supports.

Because Rhapsodio put the affords and budgets on development of the best iems and cables lol.
Also, bamboo box is simple but recyclable. The round-shape box is made by tin, forged by human hands.

V3 is made by real brass, like the structure of trumpet.

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2024 at 1:14 PM Post #2,184 of 2,203
With more burnin I found V3 to be quite interesting. Life like imaging on P6 Ti199 is beyond jaw dropping. Being able to pick up every tiny bit of signals is one thing but able to express and present the sound in such precision and realism - not many earphones can do. Feels like a real trumpet playing right next to my right ear while there is snare drum hitting on the left side. V3 sounds different than all the other totl IEMs I tried.

Mar 2, 2024 at 9:01 PM Post #2,186 of 2,203
Hello @Solarsammy you've mentioned something about the special burnin process for SV3. Can you you please share it?
Do I need to hook this up to 3.5mm instead of 4.4mm for burnin? What is recommended burnin time? Also, what is the best cable match for SV3?
I suggest burn in with 3.5mm should be better.

Because recording usually use 6.3mm or 3.5 mm, the position of music will be correct.

Burn in over 300 hours.

Our Fantasies Copper is the best match for SV3.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #2,187 of 2,203
I suggest burn in with 3.5mm should be better.

Because recording usually use 6.3mm or 3.5 mm, the position of music will be correct.

Burn in over 300 hours.

Our Fantasies Copper is the best match for SV3.

Thanks for your response. I suppose you can leave the 4.4mm stock cable and use the 3.5mm adapter to connect to DAP for burnin, correct?
I do not want a heavy cable nor do I want thick sound so I may just go with 2 braids Fantasies Copper. I am beginning to really like SV3 so
I want to do this right.

Mar 3, 2024 at 2:17 AM Post #2,188 of 2,203
Thanks for your response. I suppose you can leave the 4.4mm stock cable and use the 3.5mm adapter to connect to DAP for burnin, correct?
I do not want a heavy cable nor do I want thick sound so I may just go with 2 braids Fantasies Copper. I am beginning to really like SV3 so
I want to do this right.
Correct. You will be surprised when it burned in over 300hrs. Enjoy!

Mar 3, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #2,190 of 2,203
Any friend in here tried Satin Audio Hera with Sp3?

I just ordered their silver medusa cable just to try out. I want more lean and clean sound with SV3. I tried eletec OTL, EA chiron cables and few other totl cables and they all made sound too thick and smooth which is a major turn off for SV3. Ironically, they all brought up the resolution and stage to higher notch but too much meat in sound, which doesn't go too well with SV3. I am in search of cable with more chillness. I believe silver cable is generally less warm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back