Rhapsodio thread
Jan 27, 2023 at 8:29 PM Post #2,028 of 2,203
Does anybody know if the MMCX connectors on Rhapsodio cable will fit Sony IER series with recessed port?

BTW what's the difference between MMCX and OBravo oB-MMCX connector ?
The Obravo mmcx has a small notch on the connector to stop it rotating like std mmcx’s do. I have been able to connect a Remi Obravo cable to an AK 8 Mk2 so Obravo cables maybe usable on non-Obravo mmcx iem connectors but not the other may around.
Hope that helps !

Feb 5, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #2,032 of 2,203
Let me see if this can dethrone my current end game, Dita PPT.

Looking at the pictures, they do look stunning. Screenshot_20230206-071639_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #2,037 of 2,203
😎👍

Feb 9, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #2,038 of 2,203
Some early impressions:

• Fit: Rhasodio Supreme 3 (SP3) housing from what I have read has completely changed to all metal housing. This ensures that your IEM should last a long time compared to acrylic housing which tends to tarnish over time. However, this also means the housing is not light. SP3 is the largest and heaviest IEM I've owned to date. I have done any proepr the comfort test yet. My preferred test is whether I'm able to listen to an entire album in one setting without getting ear fatigue. I'm sitting on the smaller side of ear size, needing Medium to small tips most of the time.
    • My only concern is fit, I really hope I can use this long term as I have a hard time with IER-Z1R.
  • Sound: While Sammy recommends 200 hoursof burn-in, I think it is important to document how sound progress over time. The treble reminds me of IE900, and the speed of the sound reminds me of a hybrid between BA/Planar. The bass decay sits somewhere between the two. Right now it is still not able to beat the bass quality of Dita PPT (I don't think there is any IEM out there that can).
    • The sound starts with being on the brighter side of the presentation, but this morning after 10 hours of burning it using the Purist audio design luminist system enhancer, I notice a significant reduction in the upper mid-range brightness.
    • Listening to some Mahler 2, I wanted to see if Im present to a so call wall of sound where everything hits me all at once, or does this sound have some depth to it? I'm pleased to say that SP3 has the technical ability to be able to present the delicacy captured within the symphony. I need to spend more time before I can fully commit to my final belief.
    • Source matching: I quickly paired SP3 to all the daps I owned and my favourite right now is Hiby RS6. It adds this warmth and depth to SP3, without sounding too technical which was the case with N8ii and LP6 Gold. RS6 is able to ease the technical nature of SP3 and to my ears, the two complement each other nicely.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back