Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Jan 26, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #2,012 of 2,508
Are the bores on the jvc sd as wide as the wind tips? I like the wide bore on the wind tips as it provides me with the widest and largest soundstage, plus the treble sounds perfect on these. Just takes time to fit it properly though as I have a weird left ear canal angle.

Thanks in advance!

:D

From the look of the photo's above, of the spiral dots, they will have an even wider bore than the wind tips.

I do believe that every tip will sound slightly different, to some degree.

It's a matter of trying them, and see if they fit your preferences. The Japanese JVC tips,(with special dots in the design) should be one of the best. IMO

Jan 26, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #2,015 of 2,508
From the look of the photo's above, of the spiral dots, they will have an even wider bore than the wind tips.

I do believe that every tip will sound slightly different, to some degree.

It's a matter of trying them, and see if they fit your preferences. The Japanese JVC tips,(with special dots in the design) should be one of the best. IMO

Thank you! I guess the only way to find out is to try them out. Thanks for the tips on tips! lol 
biggrin.gif

Jan 26, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #2,017 of 2,508
OK, I'll order from the link you put up earlier.   I think I have to order mediums too.

Jan 26, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #2,020 of 2,508
Thank you. Hopefully the mediums fit. On the shure tips I could use her large on my old Westones but on the Nobles I use the mediums included tips (bore too big to use the shure silicone)

Jan 26, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #2,021 of 2,508
Thank you. Hopefully the mediums fit. On the shure tips I could use her large on my old Westones but on the Nobles I use the mediums included tips (bore too big to use the shure silicone)

But did you buy the Galaxy already? Or the Solar? Becaus if you do, try the included tips before getting anything else. Some brands (Shure, Westone, Jays, etc.) require small bore tips while most others require large bore tips.

Jan 26, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #2,022 of 2,508
I think @rookie 2009 said not to bother with spiral dot, meaning they don't fit. That's a pity if so.:disappointed_relieved:

Apologies if there was any confusion..The Spiral Dots DO FIT the meshed nozzle of the Solar without any issue..

''No bother = No problem'' in the English language where I come from.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #2,023 of 2,508
These are different from the tips that come with Solar. Look for JVC spiral dots, normally from Japanese eBay merchants. They are better than comply/foams (and everything else) for Solar IMHO.

I've ordered those too. And the Phillips ones. Let's see. Foam ones I use are from Trinity direct, not Comply...they have as wide a bore as the JVC Spiral Dots shown here by the look of it.
Very comfortable, isolating and give a richer tone than those tips supplied...with plenty of space, detail and no congestion. But if you all agree on Spiral Dots and Phillips, let's give a whirl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back