Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Jan 25, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #1,997 of 2,508
I fully agree, the difference is easily noticeable! Hope they gave them for my new setup

It doesn't matter what they come with really, for the price of a coffee, new tips can be purchased. And that's why I prefer univeral iem's.

After trying ALL my tips including spinfit, Ortofon, etc. it seems I will stick with Spiral Dot, at least for now, on the Galaxy.

Just ordered some medium's, on eBay.

Jan 25, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #2,001 of 2,508
Just to be clear, these are the best TO ME. But all ears will be different.

Spiral Dots on the Galaxy are the best iem for you, you mean?

Jan 25, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #2,002 of 2,508
W
Are they better than comply or foam tips? All the spiral dots that come with Solar I find make the music sound too thin and narrow.

These are different from the tips that come with Solar. Look for JVC spiral dots, normally from Japanese eBay merchants. They are better than comply/foams (and everything else) for Solar IMHO.

These are the ones I ordered:

URL: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=262127692217&alt=web

That's them. Find the right size for relatively deep insertion and your tip search will be over.

Jan 25, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #2,004 of 2,508
These are the ones I ordered:

URL: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=262127692217&alt=web

I'm confused lol.   I thought the Phillips were the wider bore tips?   Are they the JVCs and not the Phillips?

Sorry, I had a long day :frowning2:

Jan 25, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #2,005 of 2,508
They are both wide bore tips, the spiral dots will be about the same diameter from the look of it. (And they have dots) lol

I can let you know which one I like better, when the jvc spiral dots arrive, in a couple of weeks.

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #2,007 of 2,508
Can you explain your meaning of "mid density" please?

of course.

Mid density means how densely the average of lower, mid, and upper mid section is distributed in relation with rest of the spectrum.

It accounts for body size (how boomy), fullness, forwardness (distance) and how concentrated/hollow (how evolving) the vocals are presented, this can also mean the same for some of the low-frequency instruments like drums or guitars (low keys)

The lower part of the mid section will also accounts for he depth of the presentation while the upper mid can sometimes adds to the width, airiness, clarity and sparkle of the sound.

All relatively speaking

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #2,009 of 2,508
They are both wide bore tips, the spiral dots will be about the same diameter from the look of it. (And they have dots) lol

I can let you know which one I like better, when the jvc spiral dots arrive, in a couple of weeks.

Are the bores on the jvc sd as wide as the wind tips? I like the wide bore on the wind tips as it provides me with the widest and largest soundstage, plus the treble sounds perfect on these. Just takes time to fit it properly though as I have a weird left ear canal angle.

Thanks in advance!

@tupac - when you say "forwardness (distance)" is it the distance towards or away from you? Like for example when you say "the mids or vocals is more forward" does that mean that the vocals are further from you or nearer? Sorry for the newb question. Just want to be correct when i describe the stuff i hear. Cooking up a review for the RTi2 :D

Jan 26, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #2,010 of 2,508
Spiral Dots on the Galaxy are the best iem for you, you mean?

I mean that the Spiral Dots are the tips that work best FOR ME on the Galaxy. It all depends on the iems. On the Solars I preferred the Spinfit medium or large.

I'm confused lol.   I thought the Phillips were the wider bore tips?   Are they the JVCs and not the Phillips?

Sorry, I had a long day :frowning2:

The ones in the link are JVC spiral Dots, the ones I mentionned, they have one of the largest bores among all my tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back