Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Jan 23, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #1,921 of 2,508
Ok guys so I did some longer listening and experimenting with the Galaxy. I notice that Galaxy scales really really well with better equipments.

My current best set up is dx90 coax out to mojo then lastly to cdm. This combi with the Galaxy sounds as if I have a mini speaker/headphone playing beautiful music into my ears.

Please do not ask me to compare Galaxy with other BA Drivers type of iem since to me dynamic driver iems do not ever sound like BA iems. So it's kinda unfair ☺️.

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #1,922 of 2,508
Ok guys so I did some longer listening and experimenting with the Galaxy. I notice that Galaxy scales really really well with better equipments.

My current best set up is dx90 coax out to mojo then lastly to cdm. This combi with the Galaxy sounds as if I have a mini speaker/headphone playing beautiful music into my ears.

Please do not ask me to compare Galaxy with other BA Drivers type of iem since to me dynamic driver iems do not ever sound like BA iems. So it's kinda unfair ☺️.

Does the solar scale as high as this with similar equipment?

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #1,923 of 2,508

How about a short impression of the Solar to A12?

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #1,924 of 2,508
Does the solar scale as high as this with similar equipment?

Solar scales well too but just not so "wow" as compared to the Galaxy. In addition I felt solar do not pair so well with tubes. It sorts of lost some of its treble bite when used with tubes.

However, the mids got better and became more forward and the overall soundstage became very holographic and deep. Very analoguish sound. Just that the treble roll off too much resulting in the solar losing some of its uniqueness.

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #1,925 of 2,508
How about a short impression of the Solar to A12?

Both are very different actually. With A12 seemingly having a much more natural soundstage. With more air throughout the 3D space. Solar soundstage is more deep and as a result mids sounds much distant as compared to A12.

However solar mids seems more HD as compared to the A12 which sounds slightly muffled as compared to it.

A12 treble is fantastic however solar treble is the most unique I have heard. Each cymbals hits with a perfect bite and satisfying tzing to it. However, A12 treble delay sounds a little more natural as compared to the solar seemingly due to the Adel technology.

Bass wise, A12 wins solar in terms of bass accuracy and texture. The bass on the A12 is simply breathtaking with razor sharp precision as compared to the actual bass. Kick drums sounds as what it will with u standing next to it. Delightfully believable airy sound if I can describe the bass.
Solar bass lacks the details and precision however, it has a tad more quantity to it and the decay isn't that far off too!

Overall sound comparison, I will say A12 sounds more reference as compared to solar. Solar sounds more analog with a more coloured mids. Both are very very good iem and I'm sure anyone would be satisfied with either one!

Jan 23, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #1,927 of 2,508
Solar scales well too but just not so "wow" as compared to the Galaxy. In addition I felt solar do not pair so well with tubes. It sorts of lost some of its treble bite when used with tubes.

However, the mids got better and became more forward and the overall soundstage became very holographic and deep. Very analoguish sound. Just that the treble roll off too much resulting in the solar losing some of its uniqueness.

First of all thanks for your great comparisons (also the Solar vs A12 one)
Always nice to read such interesting stuff and you've got some pretty impressive (c)iem line up over there ZzmadzZ
rolleyes.gif

In your signature I see you have the Mojo and ALO CDM (tube). Both should be a bit on the warm side compared to the Hugo (that I sometimes use).
With Hugo (which gives an incredible clean and transparent 3D sound imo) I don't recognize the treble roll off myself at all with the Solar. But that can also be due to my ears failing towards my brain
tongue.gif
All I know is that imo P1 optical => Hugo => Solar + 8 strand 2.98 SG cable (that ads a little warmth, that is very welcome in combination with Hugo) gives an almost mind blowing listening experience. I haven't heard anything better (including full size headphones) up to today. But hey, I haven't heard the Galaxy (yet), so don't know how that one scales up with Hugo 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 23, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #1,928 of 2,508
Galaxy galaxy galaxyyyyyyyy, i am loving my solar :wink:
Sorry may be off topic, any one know where i can buy Massive attack Mezzanine album DSD?
Love this album but cant find dsd thxxxxxxxxx

Jan 23, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #1,929 of 2,508
Galaxy galaxy galaxyyyyyyyy, i am loving my solar
wink.gif

Sorry may be off topic, any one know where i can buy Massive attack Mezzanine album DSD?
Love this album but cant find dsd thxxxxxxxxx

Mezzanine is one of my all time favorite albums (I used ''Angel'' so many times to check sub bass) too, but the highest quality I could ever find was a 24bit-96khz flac vinyl rip.
I'm not sure if there even is a DSD version of that album
rolleyes.gif

Hold on to your Solar mahesh and please don't sell the cat
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #1,930 of 2,508
Mezzanine is one of my all time favorite albums (I used ''Angel'' so many times to check sub bass) too, but the highest quality I could ever find was a 24bit-96khz flac vinyl rip.
I'm not sure if there even is a DSD version of that album :rolleyes:

Hold on to your Solar mahesh and please don't sell the cat :D

Hahahahahha i wont sell my beloved cat and solar, i am keeping them as long as they are alive :D
Mezzanine is my favourite album too and almost all their album are great , but i couldent find 24/96 ,hmmmmmm
Thx Kerouac :beerchug:

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #1,931 of 2,508
Listening to the latest Steven Wilson album 4 1/2 with my Solar. Loving my weekend so far :D.
Amazing song writing and audio engineering! Can't recommend his work enough.

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #1,932 of 2,508

Thanks, ZzmadzZ!  I feel that the Galaxy is really top-notch and responds well to great cables and gear.  It sounds heavenly through the Mojo directly; I have heard that CDM pairs well with the Mojo too, so it makes sense that the Galaxy will benefit from a good amp.  (By the way, I prefer my Mojo with any Android phone OTG with UAPP over coax from standalone DAPs.  Please give it a try if you have not.)

I am hooked on the dynamic driver, especially for the bass.  How about some quick comments on Galaxy versus Dita, another single DD IEM?  Thanks in advance.

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #1,933 of 2,508
Hahahahahha i wont sell my beloved cat and solar, i am keeping them as long as they are alive :D
Mezzanine is my favourite album too and almost all their album are great , but i couldent find 24/96 ,hmmmmmm
Thx Kerouac :beerchug:

Yeah don't think Mezzanine is available, only the remaster blue lines.

Thanks for the comparisons and impressions to all, very useful, I've been super busy and hardly had time to listen to anything, but can confirm that choosing b/n Solar and A12 is difficult, for the moment im keeping both. Equally amazing, A12 is smoother,darker overall,Solar feels more extended on the top, bass awesome on both, but A12 gets your attention there more and its deep and layered with full punch.Solars bass is also impressive but emphasis is not on the lower end as much,its enough and good but because A12 top end is the super cream kind, Solar feels much brighter overall , instruments like cymbals ring equally well tho.
Main thing to note here is both iems are super coherent and dont sound like a multi-ba experiment,rather, they feel like a one driver sound with the clarity and extension of ba as well as the heft and potency of a dynamic.
Which takes us to Galaxy, I simply cannot wait:grinning::beers:

Jan 23, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #1,934 of 2,508
Well, i bought one of the Solars that was listed on the classifieds recently. Amazzzzing! This is the first time i can say that an iem can almost match the sound production of a full-size headphone. Very impressed. I was expecting the universals to be a lot bigger when i looked at all the photos here, but they definitely do stick out of your ears. 

I also bought the custom W500 AHmorph a little while ago. While it's bass is punchy (there's definitely a difference between dynamic drivers and BA drivers) and it suits the EDM genre perfectly, it's definitely not an all-rounder. I wasn't able to enjoy my rock or other genres that required better highs. And if i had to choose between the Solar or the W500, it'd definitely be the Solar! :)

Jan 23, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #1,935 of 2,508
Also, does anyone have a suggestion for better eartips. At the moment, the smallest windtip that came with the Solar is the most comfortable. I definitely don't have the biggest ear canals. I had some medium-sized foam tips (i doubt if it's the comply brand), and while they're comfortable upon insertion and give a great seal, they definitely start to exert some pressure in the ear canal and cause some discomfort over time. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back