Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs
Mar 27, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #61 of 2,508
  Okay another update...My RTi1 has now reached 50hrs of burn in period and continuing on from the last update of 40 hrs, the monitors are now really smooth across frequency range. 

BASS is now more apparent with good extension which gives depth making the whole signature more coherent. It still doesnt slam as much as I wanted (esp in EDM) but for any other genres of music it is wonderful. It appears on tracks when called for and imho is good quality bass (esp in rock, jazz, instrumental and live). Never once has it bleed to the mids.   Bass guitars are especially good and sounds so lifelike. (revised score 8/10)

MIDS: to me hasnt changed much and is good as before. Voices and Details are damn sweet. (10/10)

TREBLE: All sibilance from earlier are totally gone and again takes centre stage of the presentation of the music. the airiness, the details, the sweet pierce and details of the instruments is astonishing especially with the current warmish and natural signature the RTi1 (10/10)

SOUNDSTAGE: As wide as before but now depth has increased quite a bit. (revised 9.5/10)

In Summary: Gone are the initial impressions of it being bright. The RTi1 is now a very smooth and very natural IEM with a hint of warmth with immense level of details given by the higher mids and treble. One way to put it is that overall the sound is LUSH, NATURAL, WARM but ANALYTICAL. If it keeps improving at this rate, potentially it will deliver a world class sound (if it hasnt already) which will make a lot of people happy.

WOW! thats alot of stuffs you did!

Thanks alot on behalf of Rhapsodio! =)

Mar 27, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #62 of 2,508
I hear it as it is.. BUT i have to say that although potentially it would be a world beater it has yet to WOW me like the sd3..but i have faith and will burn it more for 100hours..

But i gotta say.. Im loving this sig.. Warm and natural with that detail... Gotta love that detail

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #63 of 2,508
Hi everyone, I just received the RTi1 with aluminum casing.

A quick listen after two hours of burn-in: it is definitely something special.  While I am unable to A/B with the RDB+ v1s, I feel that it is an overall improvement from the well-received v1s.  The "hi-end" sound is there, imaging is precise, and soundstage is wide. 

Like nazrin313's comments, the low end leaves one yearning for more for now.

More to follow after more burn-in. 
gs1000.gif

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #64 of 2,508
  Hi everyone, I just received the RTi1 with aluminum casing.

A quick listen after two hours of burn-in: it is definitely something special.  While I am unable to A/B with the RDB+ v1s, I feel that it is an overall improvement from the well-received v1s.  The "hi-end" sound is there, imaging is precise, and soundstage is wide. 

Like nazrin313's comments, the low end leaves one yearning for more for now.

More to follow after more burn-in. 
gs1000.gif

WOW another RTi1 owner..congrats on your purchase and welcome to the club!!!

I cant imagine that after 2 hours you like em. For me, it was too bright, too sibilant and too congested when I first listened to them. If you like em now, then you will love em once they are burnt in.

How do you love that details? crazy isnt it? It was actually given me a headache cos of the immense level of information it was drilling to my brain.

With regards to the bass, I think its great now (only after 50 hours on burn in thou) and will improve a whole lot. Now, let the good times roll

Mar 28, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #65 of 2,508
Thanks man!

Coming from DBA-02 a long time ago, I have always been very tolerant of treble and sibliance. So I didn't pick up any sibliance from these RTi1.

But I am wowed by the details and imaging. It can handle complicated music (like orchestra) very well, no signs of congestion.

It also seems to not very forgiving, with files in mp3 format sounding flat. It could have been the recording rather than the format. But it certainly need good files to show its capabilities.

Like I said, I'll report back after more hours. Can't wait to hear the real potential after complete burn-in.

One thing for sure, it will keep happy for a long time. :wink:

WOW another RTi1 owner..congrats on your purchase and welcone to the club!!!

I cant imagine that after 2 hours you like em. For me, it was too bright, too sibilant and too congested when I first listened to them. If you like em now, them you will love em once they are burnt in.

How do you love that details? crazy isnt it? It was actually given me a headache cos if the immense information it was drilling to my brain.

With regards to the bass, I think its great now (only after 50 hours on burn in thou) and will improve a whole lot. Now, let the good times roll

Mar 28, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #67 of 2,508
Thanks Taz, i was solely listening to the HD600 and the SD3 before I listened to the RTi1 and probably that was the reason i coudnt handle the details lol. But as it is now, approx 58 hours of burn in, everything is sooo smooth across the FR. No hint of sibilance at all. Bass is very good now, and the rest?? Pure Bliss..

Again, im loving the signature now, warm and lush background with immense and intense details.

The complete portable setup? Maybe....

size comparisons with the SD-3

Mar 30, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #70 of 2,508
I believe Gintaras has the 1plus2, but I don't think he has the RTi1. In fact, I think not many people has the RTi1.

nazrin313 will be the best person since he will have both on hand to compare.

Mar 31, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #72 of 2,508
Not at all, nazrin313!  Your review has been very detailed and easy to understand.  I am sure everyone will appreciate the comparison, including myself.

Update at 50 hrs burn-in:
The bass has reached (very!) satisfying levels, so I am happy with the treble, mids (which I enjoyed right the start), and now bass.  Overall, it is still an analytical IEM in which flaws in recordings show up easily.  With well-recorded tracks, the enjoyment is pure bliss.  I would label the RTi1 as natural sounding (excellent timbre especially), and it is slightly on the warm side of neutral (perhaps just a little bit more warm than ATH-IM03, which I feel is neutral sounding).  I wouldn't label it as warm (for instance, the ATH-IM04).

I am enjoying all my tracks from various genres (classical, jazz, pop, including K-pop) on this amazing pair of RTi1.

Last but not least, Sammy at Rhapsodio has always provided me with excellent after-sales service since my RDB+ v1s.  Even though the IEMs may not have the best finish on the exterior, I feel confident recommending Rhapsodio to people as their needs will be well taken care of by Sammy. 

Mar 31, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #73 of 2,508
Nice impressions taz... U hear it as I do and agree fully on your take on it.

Im now upto 85hrs of burn in and the bass has that quality that a neutral set will thrive for and great thing is the bass extends deep.. I mean chest deep.. Im not joking..

Cant imagine how burn in has changed the RTi1 soo much.. And great thing is that it now handles EDM beautifully.. Nothing more I can ask for really: classical? Acoustics? Pop? Vocals? And now EDM?

Sammy? We thank you

Addition: now my wish is for the soundstage to have more depth and layering.. If this happens then the sound will be world class

Apr 3, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #74 of 2,508
Hi guys,

as promised here are the impressions of the RTi1 after being burnt in more than 100 hours. 

BASS: The monitors have good quality bass and does slam. It extends deep as I could feel it chest deep when listening to some of my tracks.It has good body and weight which does imho add a little bit of warmth in the whole sound signature. This is one thing that I love about the RTi1. The low end is lush and very natural and extends to the Mids. (8.5/10)

MIDS: Continuing on from the Bass, the natural and lush sound is also here to stay in the mids. On top of that, it is so well tuned in the frequency range, it makes voices sooo clear and intimate. Listening to Joni Mitchell, James Blake, Johnny Cash, Bat for Lashes, Bon Iver, Laura Marling, Eve Cassidy..all leaves me with a WOW factor that my other IEMS does not have. Mids are also so detailed that every breath the singer takes, wetting of lips are sooo apprarent. This maybe the best sounding IEM for voices. (10/10)

TREBLE: This is either hit or miss for me and it all depends on the source. Ive been using it on both my portable setup and my desk set up and the RTi1 synergies better with my desktop amp.  On my portable rig it can sometimes be to hot for my ears and can be sibilant on some of my tracks.But I also have to say the RTi1 brings crazy details on both. The details are so immense that it can be too much for some. So, fair warning to all. lol.. (9/10 on my Desk - 8/10 on my portable rig)

SOUNDSTAGE: This is to me what makes or breaks audio monitors. It can have the best low, mid, highs but if the soundstage was narrow and flat, the whole presentation would be garbage. Luckily  the RTi1 has good spatial soundstage, it is not 360 degrees like the the SD-3 but its more like 240 degrees which is good in my books. Initially, even after 80 hours of burn in the depth of the sound stage was lacking but after the 100, it opened up really good and because of this layering of the music is great for most genres. It does at time give you that 3D feeling but not all the time, where as the SD-3 gives you that feeling all the time. (8.5/10)

INSTRUMENT SEPARATION: Listening to classical music is pure musical heaven with the RTi1. Matched up with the level of details I mentioned and add in world class instrument separation is just pure pure bliss. I was never a fan of classical music until listening it on the RTi1. Vivaldi's 4 seasons never sounded this good. (9/10)

TIMBRE: Based on the above, I can now confidently say that the RTi1 is a natural sounding IEM with just a hint of warmth. On top of that, piercing that safe natural signature is the immense and unnatural treble that will leave you sayin What!!! Also, I warn that these monitors are very analytical and transparent. So I recommend to use it on better recordings and better equipment

SUMMARY

This is my first Rhapsodio IEM and bought it purely on blind faith as recommended by Sammy, who I have to say is amazing and never fails to answer and questions I have. But when the person who was involved in designing the original Tralucent 1plus2 said that the RTi1 is the best IEM he has ever made then you take this statement seriously and at least give the RTi1 an audition.
It is not perfect, I think no iem is but I will wager that this is among the top iems out in the market today. They do retail above USD1000 and is not cheap but If you really..really want it, drop Sammy a message and Im sure he will hook you up a great deal for these.

Thanks Rhapsodio for producing a truly WORLD CLASS sounding IEM...

Apr 3, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #75 of 2,508
Has anyone took the plunge on an RD3? I think its another recently new iem from rhapsodio... How do people find the build quality and craftmanship of these iems? was thinking of getting an iem from them to go with my dx50...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back