RHA T20: in-ear headphone featuring DualCoil™ driver technology.
Jun 14, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #241 of 286
  I just spent 10 minutes listening to the T20 and wasn't blown away with the reference filter. I have alot more listening to do but I just don't have the time for the T20 right now

Yes, my first impression was as well underwhelming, then after an hour or so, I started to really love them. Give them some playing time.

Cheers,
K

Jun 14, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #242 of 286
I just spent 10 minutes listening to the T20 and wasn't blown away with the reference filter. I have alot more listening to do but I just don't have the time for the T20 right now

Yeah, but you like T10, which I thought was overly bassy and quite soft on the upper end. Is it just a sound signature preference thing, or are there flaws that make it underwhelming for you?

From Koolpep and warrenpchi's descriptions, this is sounding better and better to me :L3000:

Jun 14, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #243 of 286
I couldn't tell. I need to use it with an amp I completely know before judging but after 3 songs straight out of the X5sg I wasn't blown away by the reference setting. I just had been listening to a bass heavy iem so it probably isn't that bad. Lol. will know more in a week or so

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #245 of 286
I package arrived today
ksc75smile.gif

I will post pictures later and will start working on a review over the next couple of days. It's weird, I used the T10i steadily for a couple of weeks when I did it's review so my brain would become acclimatized to the heavier bass signature. Now I will have to go through that process again to get used to a more balanced signature
confused_face_2.gif
. Yup that much I will say up front. The T20 is much more balanced and dare I say "sparkly"
wink.gif

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #246 of 286
I package arrived today :ksc75smile: .

I will post pictures later and will start working on a review over the next couple of days. It's weird, I used the T10i steadily for a couple of weeks when I did it's review so my brain would become acclimatized to the heavier bass signature. Now I will have to go through that process again to get used to a more balanced signature :confused_face_2: . Yup that much I will say up front. The T20 is much more balanced and dare I say "sparkly" :wink: .

So, like the MA750? :wink:

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #248 of 286
Unfortunately I have not heard the MA750 so can not say. But I need to be careful as I was being fun saying it's sparkly because it is not harsh or hot in any way. It is just much more present than the T10I and the mids are also more present and not nearly as warm as the T10I. From the sounds of it the T20 rests somewhere in between the 750 and T10.

Jun 16, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #250 of 286
I never found the MA750 hot or harsh as some did and am glad to hear T20 are sparkly up top. I'm really looking forward to these. They sound like a good complement / counterpoint to T10 from what I've read so far :L3000:

Funny how we hear different things. :)

The sharpness & treble abundance of the MA750 means it's a revealing speaker. At times, especially on treble heavy tracks, I find the MA750's treble too much with the dual density silicone tips. Just listen to "Forget" by Marina and The Diamonds.

Jun 17, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #253 of 286
OK, so I finally had a chance to listen to the T20 with the balanced filter as my reviewer package accidentally had two sets of bass filters and it took until tonight to find my T10i filters. I have to admit while I was happy to hear the better treble using the bass and treble filters I struggled with the midrange when using the bass filter, and the bass when I used the treble filters. But now that I am able to use the balanced filter I am starting to enjoy this IEM a lot more. I can also say that those filters work effectively. The black definitely makes the T20 V shaped and the treble one brightens the sound and affects the bass making the IEM more balanced. So I think it's fair to say the T20 has achieved a more balanced sound and is definitely more detailed compared to the T10i. Having said that I think that the T10i is still a good IEM so long as you are wanting the heavier signature it offers.

I will start to work on my review in earnest sometime on the weekend. For those who read my T10i review I will give you a small hint where I will be going... think Deluxe Pizza
atsmile.gif

Jun 17, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #254 of 286
  OK, so I finally had a chance to listen to the T20 with the balanced filter as my reviewer package accidentally had two sets of bass filters and it took until tonight to find my T10i filters. I have to admit while I was happy to hear the better treble using the bass and treble filters I struggled with the midrange when using the bass filter, and the bass when I used the treble filters. But now that I am able to use the balanced filter I am starting to enjoy this IEM a lot more. I can also say that those filters work effectively. The black definitely makes the T20 V shaped and the treble one brightens the sound and affects the bass making the IEM more balanced. So I think it's fair to say the T20 has achieved a more balanced sound and is definitely more detailed compared to the T10i. Having said that I think that the T10i is still a good IEM so long as you are wanting the heavier signature it offers.

I will start to work on my review in earnest sometime on the weekend. For those who read my T10i review I will give you a small hint where I will be going... think Deluxe Pizza
atsmile.gif

I second that. The Reference Filter is the way to go mostly. But it's cool that you can alter the sound signature by that much with the filters. And yes, the T10 is no slouch at all and still a great in-ear. Especially if you like a more fun signature. 

+1

Jun 17, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #255 of 286
I started up an impressions, review, question thread for the T20 over in the portables forum. Here is a link for anyone wanting to post as they test/review the T20. http://www.head-fi.org/t/771820/rha-t20-impressions-reviews-and-questions#post_11696751

Users who are viewing this thread

Back