RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions
Jan 1, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #961 of 1,127
Got the T20i today for £130 in a bit of a bargain deal from Baseo, and they come supplied with Comply TSX-200 tips, rather than RHA foam as previously mentioned in this thread. I assume this has been noted already though?

Anyway, with the Comply and reference filters, these sound ace on a stick, really fantastic bass and shimmery treble. Very musically engaging.

Jan 1, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #962 of 1,127
I had the best comfort with the double flange tips, but after reading good reviews about the JVC Spiral Dot tips, I purchased the Medium-Small size on Ebay. Those definitely have the best comfort for my ears, so maybe you should try them out also
smily_headphones1.gif
. I'm thinking about getting the Dragonfly Black, really curious how this is going to improve the sound!

How do the medium size compare the standard ones in terms of size? I'm using the smallest ones that come with them, ears ache quite a bit after a while.

Oh and these sounds awesome with a Mojo.

Jan 3, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #963 of 1,127
I've had a few issues using the Comply tips (TSX 200, the ones supplied with the T20i), as the memory wire on the left earpiece keeps coming free of my ear, so I have to keep adjusting it - which is annoying.

I don't know whether this is due to the size of the tips pushing the earpiece shells further out, but I've just tried a pair of the green core Sony hybrids with them and the problem appears to be solved - plus they are lovely and comfortable and the sound seems superb too.  So I think I'll run with these for now.

Jan 10, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #965 of 1,127

How do the medium size compare the standard ones in terms of size? I'm using the smallest ones that come with them, ears ache quite a bit after a while.

Oh and these sounds awesome with a Mojo.

Sorry for the late reply! I think you misunderstood me; Medium-Small is the actual size of the tips, so I wouldn't know how Medium would fit compared to the stock ones. Here's an image of the JVC Spiral Dot size collection:

I would try and see which size of the stock tips fit the best for your ears, and then order that size, that's how I did it. I have to say that the Spiral Dot tips feel a lot smoother and softer than the stock ones, so maybe that will solve the ear ache. 

Jealous of your Mojo! I just ordered the AQ Dragonfly Black today, will receive it tomorrow :).

Jan 11, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #966 of 1,127
Just received the Dragonfly Black! Man, loving this thing already. Mainly going to use this at work, where I work at a desk all day. Definitely an improvement over the built-in soundcard of my desktop there (as expected of course). I have to say that the difference between the sound quality of my MBP 2015 and the DB is a lot smaller, but still noticeable nonetheless.

I think that, budget-wise, the T20 + Dragonfly Black is a golden combo!

Jan 20, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #968 of 1,127
Hi all,

I've recently joined the T20 team and experiencing the so called burn in factor. I would agree that it needs a few hours before it sounds anything like what the other members have heard. At first the bass was overpowering and the mids seemed very recessed. However, now I'm about 6 hours into this process, the mids seem to have opened up more and become more front and centre. Saying that, the audio source has a massive impact on what I am hearing. 

Much of my listening is via headphone socket on a laptop or my Nexus 6P, through spotify, and soundcloud downloaded mixes at 320kbps, with the occasional youtube.

I was wondering if anyone has found a good portable headphone sub £100 that will match nicely with what I use?

Many thanks for your help and advice in advance!

Jan 21, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #969 of 1,127
Hi all,

I've recently joined the T20 team and experiencing the so called burn in factor. I would agree that it needs a few hours before it sounds anything like what the other members have heard. At first the bass was overpowering and the mids seemed very recessed. However, now I'm about 6 hours into this process, the mids seem to have opened up more and become more front and centre. Saying that, the audio source has a massive impact on what I am hearing. 

Much of my listening is via headphone socket on a laptop or my Nexus 6P, through spotify, and soundcloud downloaded mixes at 320kbps, with the occasional youtube.

I was wondering if anyone has found a good portable headphone sub £100 that will match nicely with what I use?

Many thanks for your help and advice in advance!

These are easy to drive. No need for amps, just use a source with low output impedance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back