RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions
Feb 10, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #976 of 1,127
perfect! how you finding them with the Mojo? 

I haven't really tried the earphones with anything else other than my s7edge and AP60/Mojo. But as far as my ears are concerned it's better than using a phone (no duh)... immersive listening experience. Too bad I don't have that much free private time to actually enjoy music (kids...)

Feb 10, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #977 of 1,127
perfect! how you finding them with the Mojo? 

I won't pretend to describe treble or bass signature or ambiance or Soundstage or timbre bla bla bla... all I know is I love my music, and I love it more with mojo/T20. Plus, the double flange tips are comfortable and fit my ear canals perfectly. All previous owned iems can't get a good seal in my right ear, so they're all a waste of money. This is the first iem that really fits me, and so lucky it's a damn good one too

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #978 of 1,127
I won't pretend to describe treble or bass signature or ambiance or Soundstage or timbre bla bla bla... all I know is I love my music, and I love it more with mojo/T20. Plus, the double flange tips are comfortable and fit my ear canals perfectly. All previous owned iems can't get a good seal in my right ear, so they're all a waste of money. This is the first iem that really fits me, and so lucky it's a damn good one too

I haven't really tried the earphones with anything else other than my s7edge and AP60/Mojo. But as far as my ears are concerned it's better than using a phone (no duh)... immersive listening experience. Too bad I don't have that much free private time to actually enjoy music (kids...)

That's pretty good then, Really happy your enjoying the T20! 

Feb 16, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #979 of 1,127
Greetings. I've read quite a bit about these but I just want to make sure I'm getting the right thing.

I am looking for earphones with a decent amount of bass and good isolation, would these do the job? Are they similar in sound signature to the Yamaha EPH-100 and would you describe them as 'fun' and energetic as the Yamahas - and is it worth paying the extra £80?

I'll mostly use them for electronic music, probably rock and metal as well.

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #980 of 1,127
Hello ploughmann,

I am using those earphones my self with electro jazz and rock, and the thing is that I use the bass filters when listening to House music from detroit for exemple and when listening at jazz I use the refernce filter. Really it does the trick for me.

I don't know the other earphones that you mention but those t20 are fun and dynamic no problem.
I personnaly took my last decision by trying them in a shop togetehr with other brands and other models, sennheiser for exemple, but take care with first finding the right tips otherwise any test or comparaison in the shop will be aproximatif.

It's definitly a nice kit, versatil and well build with 3 year waranty :wink:

Feb 25, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #981 of 1,127
Just got these today to replace some Hifiman RE-400s.  First impressions with the reference filter and comply tips, listening through Fiio X5 first generation and Fiio E12A amp is wow.  nice upgrade from the RE-400s.  Cannot wait to dive into these at work next week.

Mar 1, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #982 of 1,127
This is my third day with the T20i Blacks and I absolutely love them! The whole experience, which I could describe in excess is something phenomenal. From the moldable ear hooks to the insertion depth to the massive sound. (The mic also works great!) Once you set them, the fit and comfort is something I doubt will find much competition in the universal IEM-world. And they're so easy to put on. 750s were a bit flimsy in comparison. I can also do anything with them. Running fit is great, they don't fall off. To me they're not even weighty at all, coming from the 750s. And about them being hard to drive, I don't even have to go to my players loud limit (half way to max) to get uncomfortably loud. Don't know why with the 750s I needed to go over the limit often. The sound is so great that I'm smiling all the time just because of how engaging it is. The bass, oh boy. The isolation is so good I'm near completely shut out from the outside world and left to the soundtrack of my life. Its like I'm in my own cloud of sound, a movie. I dare to say this is somewhat of a comfortable limit in resolution. More, and they might be too hard for bad recordings etc. I do like to listen to youtube rips along with my flacs TYVM. Thank you RHA, worth every cent!

Sorry, I wrote this in a hurry. :)

Mar 2, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #983 of 1,127
  This is my third day with the T20i Blacks and I absolutely love them! The whole experience, which I could describe in excess is something phenomenal. From the moldable ear hooks to the insertion depth to the massive sound. (The mic also works great!) Once you set them, the fit and comfort is something I doubt will find much competition in the universal IEM-world. And they're so easy to put on. 750s were a bit flimsy in comparison. I can also do anything with them. Running fit is great, they don't fall off. To me they're not even weighty at all, coming from the 750s. And about them being hard to drive, I don't even have to go to my players loud limit (half way to max) to get uncomfortably loud. Don't know why with the 750s I needed to go over the limit often. The sound is so great that I'm smiling all the time just because of how engaging it is. The bass, oh boy. The isolation is so good I'm near completely shut out from the outside world and left to the soundtrack of my life. Its like I'm in my own cloud of sound, a movie. I dare to say this is somewhat of a comfortable limit in resolution. More, and they might be too hard for bad recordings etc. I do like to listen to youtube rips along with my flacs TYVM. Thank you RHA, worth every cent!

Sorry, I wrote this in a hurry. :)

Thank you very much for the kinds words! glad to hear you are enjoying your T20i Blacks! on a personal note, they are favourite in the range, I have the T20i Blacks with me wherever I go.

Just got these today to replace some Hifiman RE-400s.  First impressions with the reference filter and comply tips, listening through Fiio X5 first generation and Fiio E12A amp is wow.  nice upgrade from the RE-400s.  Cannot wait to dive into these at work next week.

Hope you are still enjoying your T20's! Just let me know if you need any assistance with anything. 

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #984 of 1,127
Hi,

I've just received a set of T20's from Amazon UK, which appear to be older stock without the Comply tips.

Would it be possible to get a set?

Very much looking forward to the T20s !!

Thanks

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #985 of 1,127
  Hi,

I've just received a set of T20's from Amazon UK, which appear to be older stock without the Comply tips.

Would it be possible to get a set?

Very much looking forward to the T20s !!

Thanks

Contact our customer care team and they will sort you out!

You will need a copy of your proof of purchase etc

Just let me know if I can help any further! 

Mar 3, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #986 of 1,127

Contact our customer care team and they will sort you out!

You will need a copy of your proof of purchase etc

Just let me know if I can help any further! 

That was fast!

Thanks very much, I'll do that if I can't find a set of the included ones that do the job. So far (10 mins listening) the silicons seem perfect.

Listening to Rebecca Pidgeon right now, and the sound is sublime. I'm coming from se846s and ie800s but I can see why these get such fantastic reviews.

As a Scotsman living in England they might be vying with Irn-bru as Scotland's second greatest export! ( I'm afraid whisky will always be number one)

Thanks again for the quick and great service!

Mar 4, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #987 of 1,127
That was fast!

Thanks very much, I'll do that if I can't find a set of the included ones that do the job. So far (10 mins listening) the silicons seem perfect.

Listening to Rebecca Pidgeon right now, and the sound is sublime. I'm coming from se846s and ie800s but I can see why these get such fantastic reviews.

As a Scotsman living in England they might be vying with Irn-bru as Scotland's second greatest export! ( I'm afraid whisky will always be number one)

Thanks again for the quick and great service!

It's all about what gives you the best seal while being comfortable, but for me the Complys work best. YMMV.

Mar 4, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #988 of 1,127
Well, I've had enough time with my T20s to form some impressions. I've compared them against a pair of 1More triple drivers. For the RHAs, I strongly prefer the "reference" filters and all my comparisons below are with them installed.

Fit: The T20s are more comfortable than the triple drivers, The triple drivers were easier to get a good seal. For me comply T200 mediums worked best for the RHAs with the double flange silicone tips not sealing or staying in. The over ears fit of the T20s were microphonic free and vastly superior to the 1Mores highly microphonic cable which dangles straight down.

Sound signature: I used a sine wave sweep to subjectively compare the differences: The T20s are much more neutral with less bloom in the mid bass and more sparkle on top. The T20s seem to reach down to about 30hz, with the triple drivers being closer to 35-40 Hz, despite having more bass emphasis. on the high end the Triple drivers reach higher, easily audible up to around 16kz (to my 51 year old ears) but a big dip around 7.5khz makes them sound darker. The T20s sound fairly flat up to 13khz with a much smaller rise around 4 KHz than the 4.5 KHz spike of the triple driver.

Sound clarity and resolution: at moderate volume levels the T20 blows away the triple driver. There just really isn't any contest and it's obvious immediately. Not to say the triple driver is bad, it's just not in the same league. At high volume the RHAs lose a lot of their advantage with clarity and resolution becoming muddier and harsher while the triple drivers hold up better on harshness and lose less clarity.

Bass kick: the RHAs to my ears are more realistic sounding, but the triple drivers are fun with a punchy thick sound that works well with live recordings of rock and R&B. However, on a lot of bass heavy recordings the triples sound too heavy and the RHAs sound better balanced. Personal preference is for the RHA sound for most tracks but the triples sound really good when it's a well recorded live performance.

Bad recordings- the RHAs are much more forgiving of recording quality. Not sure why but I suspect it's the higher frequency extension of the triple drivers coupled with a large peak around 10Khz.

Source sensitivity: I'm not a big believer in amps making much of a difference for moderately low impedance headphones if your source is decent. Both the RHAs and the 1More iems are easy to drive and both sound good out of an IPhone 6 with lossless recordings. The RHAs sound seems to improve a bit with my Teac HA P50 with its excellent DAC, being perhaps a little more detailed and brighter, but I'm willing to concede it could be confirmation bias instead. However, when played loud the RHAs definitely seem to benefit from a better amp, avoiding much of the degradation of detail and harshness that I heard out of my iPhone.

Overall- Given the reputation of both brands for excellent price vs performance, I believe you get your money's worth with either. The T20s at around $240 sound like they are much more expensive (which they are) and deserve the price premium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back