RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions
Jun 25, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #34 of 1,127
Jun 25, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #35 of 1,127
Yeah, I'm really enjoying them so far. They're what I was hoping for with the T10. Nice product differentiation RHA!!!

You've got T10 for those craving that rich, warm sound and T20 for those wanting
blink.gif
something just a bit on the warm side of neutral.

Stop it!  You're making me tear up my couch looking for loose change! 
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jun 26, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #37 of 1,127
I haven't owned a pair for a while, so the comparison might be a bit off, but the T20i's remind me of the old Denon house sound -- subwoofer-like bass, though the RHA mids might be a bit more forward.  If the music is already quite bass heavy they can be a bit overwhelming. The treble has come good after a few dozen hours of continuous playback too, before I forget. Even with the treble filters in I'd still describe them as quite on the warm side of neutral. They are a lot of fun, even out of my iPad Mini Retina and I don't think they want or need any fancy amplification. I expect they'll be a good match with, if not an iPhone, one of the plethora of inexpensive DAPs, which I'll try them with next.

Jun 26, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #38 of 1,127
Currawong: I got a taste of the hot treble last night when listening to some New Order of al things. The metal I was listening to - nope. New Order - yup.

My 19yo daughter pointed it out when I let her listen. I thought it was because she's a teen with better hearing than me because ice listened to New Order a lot and never thought the treble was hot. Then I took a listen, and there it was.

Put them back on burn-in overnight and will see how they do today...

Jun 26, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #41 of 1,127
My T10 looks and feels as good today as when I received them.

The T20 appears to be ever so slightly different though. I have no measurement tools. But in hand I think the T20 cables are slightly thinner from the memory wire to the main cable. They also feel slightly less springy.

Jun 26, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #42 of 1,127
My T10 looks and feels as good today as when I received them.

The T20 appears to be ever so slightly different though. I have no measurement tools. But in hand I think the T20 cables are slightly thinner from the memory wire to the main cable. They also feel slightly less springy.

Thanks for the quick reply! I know RHA are well made but their memory wire is a newer, novel implementation. Glad to hear it holds up over time :beerchug:

Jun 27, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #45 of 1,127
Tried out all three filters tonight after using T20 + Reference filters as my sole IEM for the past few days.

After trying all three, I'll be sticking with the Reference filter. I find it to be the best balance between warmth, clarity, and soundstage.

The Bass filter was actually just fine for most music if you prefer a more intimate soundstage and/or want to roll off the treble a bit. However with bass-heavy music, the bass takeover was too much for me. I know some will really like it, but it wasn't my cup of tea. Instead of using it for electronic music as suggested, I could actually see using this filter for acoustic / instrumental music.

The Reference filter as mentioned above, strokes a good balance between warmth, clarity, and soundstage - nice! Perhaps dweaver can interject, but from memory this filter reminded me most of T10 with the Treble filter on but with crisper highs and larger soundstage.

The Treble filter us for you who like to live on the edge because it sure is a bit edgy. Bass is a bit less prominent and upper mids and treble take a leap forward. I found it was a bit shouty, and I'm usually the last guy in the room to say an IEM's shouty. I thought I'd hear a larger soundstage with this filter but was happy that I think I heard a wee bit larger soundstage with the Reference filter.

All that said, I'm sure all three filters will have their advocates! Devoted bassheads will screw on the black Bass filter and never look back, treble heads will head right for that Treble filter, but most people will be more than happy with the Reference filter. This makes me really happy, as after hearing the T10 I was a strong advocate for the Treble filter being the most balanced. Good job making an IEM for the rest of us, RHA :L3000:

T20 Reference Filter FTW!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back