RHA S500i Impressions Thread
Sep 29, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #19 of 166
So how is the s500 coming along with more usage :blush:

I haven't been running them that much lately.  There's an ETHERC here for review.  I'll start a burn-in cycle on them in the closet.  
smile.gif

Great review!
Hoping to get a run with these. That graph on their site looks really good. Great first post @warrenpchi

Thanks!

Looking forward to hearing these.

Just be prepared that they're not typical RHAs.  
smile.gif

Oct 2, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #20 of 166
I was lucky to be picked by RHA Team to review the S500i just got them in this afternoon. Took a few obligatory smartphone pics and a quick listen before putting these on the pink noise burn-in rig.

Quick first impressions are:
  • Typical classy RHA packaging
  • Small, lightweight, minimalist housings that are somewhat reminiscent of Final Audio
  • BTW, thanks RHA for putting clear L/R markings on the housings and a dot on the left strain relief for blind operation - it's the little things sometimes, isn't it
  • I know the T20 are built to be rugged, but boy do I prefer S500i's cable so far - thinner, less microphonic, and y-splitter isn't at my belly button :wink:
  • Sound is crisp and punchy with nice energy up top out of the box - reminds me a but of some other micro-driver IEM I tried recently*

*You catch that, Mo? :wink_face:

Hopefully your UPS driver won't squish your box :wink_face:

Oct 2, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #21 of 166
@nmatheis Nice pics! Mine arrived today but I was at work :/ Boo. Hopefully I can pick them up Monday morning, but I'm likely going to have to wait till Tuesday if UPS's delivery works anything like Canada Post. Why are these places never open on weekends? I was really hoping to spend some quality time with them this weekend.

Oct 2, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #23 of 166
Thanks @B9Scrambler!

Curious how these stack up vs. your new-ish JVC micro-driver IEM (got that right, didn't I?).

I really appreciate how small and super-comfy the housings are and how quick/nimble they sound.

The size and comfort of the FXH30 is something I love, and their speed and agility are some of my favorite qualities. I am very interested to see how these S500i's stack up :) Micro drivers are awesome :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back