RHA MA-750i Review
Feb 16, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #256 of 382
They've responded this way on multiple occasions.  Even when something isn't broken, just someone not happy with the sound, they reach out proactively and try to help.  There are plenty of audio companies (especially high end ones) that couldn't care less about their customers once the sale is made, but there are some good ones too, one of which is RHA.

Feb 17, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #258 of 382
  Well I've already learned a couple things from this experience thus far. I've filled in the form already and will update the thread with the result.

see, they are good peeps over at RHA
beerchug.gif

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #259 of 382
hi guys, im looking for an earphone to use daily. i dont have such specific genre that i'm listening to,. i have budget around 150 US$. there are many people that recommend me RHA MA750i and Sony XBA-A1AP. so what do you guys think? since i just can afford to buy one of those. do you guys think that those are the best choices? or you guys have other recommendation for me? thank you
P.S :Excuse my english. i'm not really good at speaking or writing english so if you guys don't understand what i'm talking about. i could just try to write this again in more understanable way. 

Feb 18, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #260 of 382
Hi and welcome. The RHA's are a great iem imo. Can't comment on the Sony's. One thing I will add is that RHA have a great customer care service. They offer a 3 year warranty which should give a piece of mind. Maybe look at a company called Trinity Audio. Again from my experience they make great iems within your price range. Stellar customer service and fantastic sounding. Best of luck.

Feb 19, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #261 of 382
  hi guys, im looking for an earphone to use daily. i dont have such specific genre that i'm listening to,. i have budget around 150 US$. there are many people that recommend me RHA MA750i and Sony XBA-A1AP. so what do you guys think? since i just can afford to buy one of those. do you guys think that those are the best choices? or you guys have other recommendation for me? thank you
P.S :Excuse my english. i'm not really good at speaking or writing english so if you guys don't understand what i'm talking about. i could just try to write this again in more understanable way. 

well if you ask in a 750 thread youll likely hear mostly positive things about the 750.  they are a really good, solid choice that you cant really go wring with.  the sony, sorry not heard it.

Feb 19, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #262 of 382
I agree with mark2410.  I haven't heard the Sony either, though.  MA750 is tough to beat at the price, and you get that nice 3 year warranty with it and much better customer service than you could expect from Sony if you have a problem

Feb 19, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #263 of 382

well if you ask in a 750 thread youll likely hear mostly positive things about the 750.  they are a really good, solid choice that you cant really go wring with.  the sony, sorry not heard it.

Hi and welcome. The RHA's are a great iem imo. Can't comment on the Sony's. One thing I will add is that RHA have a great customer care service. They offer a 3 year warranty which should give a piece of mind. Maybe look at a company called Trinity Audio. Again from my experience they make great iems within your price range. Stellar customer service and fantastic sounding. Best of luck.

I agree with mark2410.  I haven't heard the Sony either, though.  MA750 is tough to beat at the price, and you get that nice 3 year warranty with it and much better customer service than you could expect from Sony if you have a problem

thanks for the answers. so where should i ask? is there any thread that discuss about recommendation earphones in general? oh and, do i need to use AMP for this RHA MA750i? or it doesnt need AMP? thanks

Feb 19, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #264 of 382

thanks for the answers. so where should i ask? is there any thread that discuss about recommendation earphones in general? oh and, do i need to use AMP for this RHA MA750i? or it doesnt need AMP? thanks

the 750 doesnt need an amp so dont worry about that.

any particular thread, well........ no.  the key is read lots, ream some more and then read still some more.  ultimately you have to try a few things to get a feel for what is you and what isnt.  in the begining, soemthing fairly generalist like the 750 (the GR07 is also a great generalist) then you eventually have to just make a jump and guess.   that said soemtihng like the 750, ive yet to spot anyone say they really hated it so it should please most at least even if its isnt the perfect IEM for someone.  generalists are great places to start from.  the 750 is such a one and its got looks and build as bonus attributes but of course its not alone in that.

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #265 of 382

There is a whole sub-forum to ask for recommendations, you might even find your same question already asked and answered.  Another IEM I have never heard but is often recommended is the ATH-IM02.  Its actually a little cheaper I believe, and is supposed to be another good all-arounder.  I will say the 750 is a quite comfortable IEM, which is also afactor.

Feb 20, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #266 of 382
Does by chance someone know how do MA 750 compare to SHE9850?  I'm looking for a quick replacement.  Although I enjoyed the typical BA traits in SHE9850, I'm considering MA 750 as they are easily available locally for an OK price.  Plus they look like they're gonna last a while.  I'm looking for something warmer and quick, but forgiving (a lot of what I listen to does not have the best production).  Also, I'd rather take a top-end roll-off than experience sibilance.  The other option I'm considering are Yamaha EPH 100 ( easily available locally as well).

Feb 22, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #267 of 382
  Does by chance someone know how do MA 750 compare to SHE9850?  I'm looking for a quick replacement.  Although I enjoyed the typical BA traits in SHE9850, I'm considering MA 750 as they are easily available locally for an OK price.  Plus they look like they're gonna last a while.  I'm looking for something warmer and quick, but forgiving (a lot of what I listen to does not have the best production).  Also, I'd rather take a top-end roll-off than experience sibilance.  The other option I'm considering are Yamaha EPH 100 ( easily available locally as well).

wow, that some old skool sh1t right there!!!!

ive got a pair of the 9850's not used in a while but....... they and the 750 are nothing alike, nothing whatsover in any way shape or form.

so when you say forgiving, hmm in the way the upper of the 9850 are fairly mellow the 750 are not. i enver got to hear the yammys but they or soemthing more akin to them, ie warm and rolled off might be a better option.

however........ have you thought of going for a lower end BA?  the isolation difference if nothing else youll get from the very high isolating 9850 soemthing atleast similar, any dynamic practically may be a bit of a shock in how little it blocks stuff out.  not that the 750 is bad at anything just its really going to be quite different from what you had.

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #268 of 382

wow, that some old skool sh1t right there!!!!

ive got a pair of the 9850's not used in a while but....... they and the 750 are nothing alike, nothing whatsover in any way shape or form.

so when you say forgiving, hmm in the way the upper of the 9850 are fairly mellow the 750 are not. i enver got to hear the yammys but they or soemthing more akin to them, ie warm and rolled off might be a better option.

however........ have you thought of going for a lower end BA?  the isolation difference if nothing else youll get from the very high isolating 9850 soemthing atleast similar, any dynamic practically may be a bit of a shock in how little it blocks stuff out.  not that the 750 is bad at anything just its really going to be quite different from what you had.

Old school it is.  If I remember correctly, your review of SHE9850 here was one of the reasons I got them.

Thanks, so 750 go of my list then. The Yams have the advantage of being on sale now here.

Haven't really thought about isolation, but now that you mention it, I enjoyed it quite a bit.  What BAs would you recommend for a similar signature in the $100-200 price range?

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #269 of 382

Old school it is.  If I remember correctly, your review of SHE9850 here was one of the reasons I got them.

Thanks, so 750 go of my list then. The Yams have the advantage of being on sale now here.

Haven't really thought about isolation, but now that you mention it, I enjoyed it quite a bit.  What BAs would you recommend for a similar signature in the $100-200 price range?

oh that budgets much bigger than i expected.  sooooooo, it depends what your really after, i mean if you want something like the 9850's then id say have read up of the PL-50, rather similar but with rather improved treble.  if you want to go the other way, maybe the SE215, or if thats too much bass, read up on the rockit R-50.  actually the r-50 may be your best option if you want soemthing acousticaly similar but better.

however with a potential budget of US$200 that practicaly get the ma750 and the r-50.  you may want to think about getting a couple of highly different, complimentary things.  although if soemthing as potentially massive a deal as isolation issoemthing you haddent thought about may i suggest you have a hard think about what is important to you.  what is crucial, must have (like isolation if you have a noisy horrible commute) aspects.  then what are things you would like but flexable a bit on.  then think about what sort of sound your after in relation to what you had in the 9850.  there are tons of things out there to choose from.

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #270 of 382
Thanks, I'll read up on PL50 & R50.  

Isolation didn't occur to me bc I mostly (99%, really) use them in a relatively quiet office environment.  So it's nice to have it from time to time, but it's not a dealbreaker.

For the different complimentary thing I have full-size Alessandro MS1 (of course, that one isn't for the office). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back