RHA MA-750i Review
Aug 27, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #226 of 382
Oh skip the 215 they don't compare to the 750 unless you need the iso

Hi mark2410.. Thanks for the reply but is there any other IEM at my budget?? I would also be buying the E12MB... So should i buy a more expensive IEM rather than buying the RHA's and E12?. In that case i'd stretch by budget to around $200ish.
My primary source is the FIIO X1.

Aug 28, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #228 of 382
  Hi mark2410.. Thanks for the reply but is there any other IEM at my budget?? I would also be buying the E12MB... So should i buy a more expensive IEM rather than buying the RHA's and E12?. In that case i'd stretch by budget to around $200ish.
My primary source is the FIIO X1.

ooooh you should never say you can stretch your budget around here, now you can get better if you spend more but you begin a notable decline in price to performance.  given i think yoru fairly new to audio the 750 is more likely to be the safer bet.  many new peeps find the mid centric sound of somethings to be not what they wanted at all, a V shaped or big bass, big treble sound is mroe dramatic and boombastic.  the 750 gives you a bit of that, with good clarity and its excenetly made.  v pretty too so its a great entry product till you know more about what you like and haw you hear things in relation to others.  the GR07 is another one that is a great entry or generalist around thins price.  oh and the dn-1000 too. 

at their level thought its much less about whats "better" and more about whats better fro you

Aug 28, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #229 of 382
I got the MA-750i and was a near-beginner in mobile audio when I did. My source is a Sony Xperia Z3C phone, FLAC files played through the Sony Music (formerly Walkman) app, the best-sounding app on that phone IME. Let me tell you, the MA-750s are amazing. I get to enjoy the grand audio treatment even on my commute. A year ago I wouldn't have thought that was even possible with just a phone and earbuds. I have no desire to look for anything else, although I haven't tried much of anything else in quality headphones. On negatives, I don't like the cord much, don't use the mike much and the remote is almost useless on Android; an initial pair was defective and the return process was a bit of a hassle, but RHA were very gracious in the end and the replacement pair is fine. Those issues don't matter to me given the sound experience.

Piece of advice from beginner to beginner although you may already be aware of this, but fit is all-important; IEMs will simply not work if not fitted perfectly. For instance you will get no bass. I use RHA's foams for now - no issue. Glad they fit because there's only one size in the box. When I run out of them I will get Complys. Don't believe the reviews, including the What Hifi (ahem... professional) review, that say the MA-750s need 2 weeks of burn-in. It's utter BS, they sound fine out of the box. Though they do seem to get even better over time.

Aug 31, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #230 of 382

ooooh you should never say you can stretch your budget around here, now you can get better if you spend more but you begin a notable decline in price to performance.  given i think yoru fairly new to audio the 750 is more likely to be the safer bet.  many new peeps find the mid centric sound of somethings to be not what they wanted at all, a V shaped or big bass, big treble sound is mroe dramatic and boombastic.  the 750 gives you a bit of that, with good clarity and its excenetly made.  v pretty too so its a great entry product till you know more about what you like and haw you hear things in relation to others.  the GR07 is another one that is a great entry or generalist around thins price.  oh and the dn-1000 too. 

at their level thought its much less about whats "better" and more about whats better fro you

I am not into too much bass, i prefer neutral sound to the more sparkling highs and boomy bass. And FYI you don't get the DUNU products here in India
frown.gif
. That's the drawback.. Much of the names mentioned here as well as other hifi forums are not available.. As for now i think i'd better stick to the RHA's. Thanks a lot for the help. 
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 1, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #231 of 382
  I am not into too much bass, i prefer neutral sound to the more sparkling highs and boomy bass. And FYI you don't get the DUNU products here in India
frown.gif
. That's the drawback.. Much of the names mentioned here as well as other hifi forums are not available.. As for now i think i'd better stick to the RHA's. Thanks a lot for the help. 
ksc75smile.gif

well i hope you like them, come back and let us know hew you get on with them

Nov 2, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #234 of 382
Do my eyes deceive me or are there two different versions of the jack going around the 750? One where the jack stars immediately after the metal tube, and another where there seems to be a little black plastic ring in between, like either the T10/T20? Anyone knows if this is true?

Nov 30, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #235 of 382
i always wear hats at work, would i be able to wear these without wrapping them around my ears and just using the memory foam tips as a way to hold them up in spite of its weight? or do i have to wrap these around my ears or else they would be a horrible fit? thanks guys, really liking the reviews for these in ears..

im coming off from bose soundtrues in ears and i hear that these rha's really kicks bose's soundtrues butt. i sure hope so cuz my bose soundtrues broke last week and those sounded pretty good . :/

Nov 30, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #236 of 382
  i always wear hats at work, would i be able to wear these without wrapping them around my ears and just using the memory foam tips as a way to hold them up in spite of its weight? or do i have to wrap these around my ears or else they would be a horrible fit? thanks guys, really liking the reviews for these in ears..

im coming off from bose soundtrues in ears and i hear that these rha's really kicks bose's soundtrues butt. i sure hope so cuz my bose soundtrues broke last week and those sounded pretty good . :/

Unfortunately, MA750 is designed only for wearing over the ear​ as it is pretty heavy (both housing and cable),but it's really comfortable even after hours of listening. And yes, definitely yes, these RHA way way better than Bose's headphones(except the isolation part :D) and active noise-cancelling headphones usually doesn't have good sound quality.

Dec 1, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #237 of 382
Unfortunately, MA750 is designed only for wearing over the ear​ as it is pretty heavy (both housing and cable),but it's really comfortable even after hours of listening. And yes, definitely yes, these RHA way way better than Bose's headphones(except the isolation part :D) and active noise-cancelling headphones usually doesn't have good sound quality.
thanks for the info , it seems I'll iust have to adjust to the wrapping around the ear part. Can't wait to fire these up with my tidal service...!

Dec 8, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #238 of 382
thanks for the info , it seems I'll iust have to adjust to the wrapping around the ear part. Can't wait to fire these up with my tidal service...!

oh once you get used to wearing earphones up over your ears youll wonder how you ever stood to wear them down, tuging at your inner ears with every movement

Dec 11, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #240 of 382
I got the ma750's since last week and I absolutely love them. At 20eu extra, these destroy the sony ex650's - which I had previously - completely.

To my ears these things sound almost perfect. The sound signature seems to be almost flat exept for a tad of extra subbass and an aparent spike in the upper mids. The sound is beautifully open and transparent, with actual soundstaging (as opposed to the ex650's) and some extra weight in the lower regions. I would not call these treble heavy.

There are some things I dont like. They roll of too early, making the sound too smooth. And they do not really have a natural timbre to my ears, they are a little bit on the metallic side and dont really do a perfect job on dry sounds, like panflutes or woodblocks.

Anyway, highly recommended!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back