RHA MA-750i Review
Jan 19, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #241 of 382
Do my eyes deceive me or are there two different versions of the jack going around the 750? One where the jack stars immediately after the metal tube, and another where there seems to be a little black plastic ring in between, like either the T10/T20? Anyone knows if this is true?

I'm pretty sure that's one of the least mentioned/documented differences between the ma750 and ma750i (iOS device compatible, with mic + remote). I was worried about that too before ordering, and was relieved to see the "i" version does have that little extra bit on the jack, and fits my iPhone case nicely.

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #242 of 382
I have bought these IEM and all I can say the the build quality is OK but not as great at what I've read from these forum. The gray wires got multiple scratches due to the bending from the plastic packaging inside the box. Also the spring in the jack is the weakness of this since it can get easily dismantled if you're not careful with it. 

Feb 15, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #243 of 382
I am very disappointed with these IEMs. The right channel stopped working within 1 month of use, so I went back to the seller and made use of their warranty. Got a replacement unit and what do you know, same issue within 2 weeks. It is definitely not a QC issue but a design flaw then. I am by no means one of those that break everything they touch, I'm pretty careful with my stuff. So a couple of things to say:

-Read some comments of V shaped sound or bass heavy even. In my view these were fairly flat, if anything, a tad on the bright side.

-If you're in the market for IEMs, I'd say keep looking. I appreciate the materials and somewhat original design, but they just don't seem to hold up.

And a question to ask:

Does anyone know how I can disassemble the jack without breaking it or marking it? Not sure if the metal enclosure is glued or screwed or just secured by pressure. I would like to open it and check the wiring, it is most definitely a wiring issue.

Feb 15, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #244 of 382
  I am very disappointed with these IEMs. The right channel stopped working within 1 month of use, so I went back to the seller and made use of their warranty. Got a replacement unit and what do you know, same issue within 2 weeks. It is definitely not a QC issue but a design flaw then. I am by no means one of those that break everything they touch, I'm pretty careful with my stuff. So a couple of things to say:

-Read some comments of V shaped sound or bass heavy even. In my view these were fairly flat, if anything, a tad on the bright side.

-If you're in the market for IEMs, I'd say keep looking. I appreciate the materials and somewhat original design, but they just don't seem to hold up.

And a question to ask:

Does anyone know how I can disassemble the jack without breaking it or marking it? Not sure if the metal enclosure is glued or screwed or just secured by pressure. I would like to open it and check the wiring, it is most definitely a wiring issue.

Very odd, your experience has been much different than my own.  I've had a pair almost since they were released and used them quite a bit.   Haven't had any channel dropout, and bass output, especially deep bass, is quite powerful.  They do have a little bump at about 5khz that can sound a little bright, but they stop far short of sibilance, other than that they are pretty smooth but still with good treble extension.  I hope the build quality hasn't declined, as these are great for the price.  Perhaps you got a couple from a batch mad by someone who doesn't know how to solder correctly.  I would relay your problems to RHA, they are very responsive and will make sure they take care of you.

Feb 16, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #245 of 382

And a question to ask:

just curious, are you familar with the term pebkac?  to me it sounds as though that would be the issue here.

Feb 16, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #246 of 382
i dont know about you guys, but i drop my ma750, swing it in circles, smack the two drivers into each other, toss them into my backpack underneath books, and they still perform flawlessly.  The only issue i have is the spring got bent permanently because of over abuse. Still, they sound just as new.  By far my most durable iems.  I wouldn't dare do that to my ortofone, dunu, jvc, or trinity.  

Feb 16, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #247 of 382
  Very odd, your experience has been much different than my own.  I've had a pair almost since they were released and used them quite a bit.   Haven't had any channel dropout, and bass output, especially deep bass, is quite powerful.  They do have a little bump at about 5khz that can sound a little bright, but they stop far short of sibilance, other than that they are pretty smooth but still with good treble extension.  I hope the build quality hasn't declined, as these are great for the price.  Perhaps you got a couple from a batch mad by someone who doesn't know how to solder correctly.  I would relay your problems to RHA, they are very responsive and will make sure they take care of you.

Thanks. Yes, I'll take it to RHA. I'm curious to know what the problem is, it's not just about getting a replacement

just curious, are you familar with the term pebkac?  to me it sounds as though that would be the issue here.

Occasionally I feel the same way when someone doesn't agree with me. Just telling my experience, which may be useful to others. ymmv, so to speak. 

Feb 16, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #248 of 382

Occasionally I feel the same way when someone doesn't agree with me. Just telling my experience, which may be useful to others. ymmv, so to speak. 

well if it were just i or that if it happened to just one pair of yours i would have assumed that you got the statistically aberrant duff set, unfortunate but these things happen.  however if its happened to two pairs, at the exact same point of failure that to me says you have (however inadvertently) been the causal factor.

are you sure youre not accidentally compressing them or something?  even if you were to be so unlucky as to get two duff sets on the trot that they have the exact same point of failure seems beyond the possibility of mere coincidence to me.

Feb 16, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #249 of 382
I more or less agree with your review on the sound quality. Definitely going into the audiophile direction while still have a small edge to the 'fun' zone with the V-shape. I can't think of another IEM that is better in this price range.  The soundstage and sense of air compared to other IEMs is remarkable and one of the main features that must be mentioned.

Hopefully Shure will update their SE line to bring their stuff in-line with all the new competition hitting the market.  Even though the Shure SE line is still a great IEM today, it's interesting to see that when it was released 4-5 years ago it must have been incredible technology for the mainstream market.

Feb 16, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #250 of 382
  v

well if it were just i or that if it happened to just one pair of yours i would have assumed that you got the statistically aberrant duff set, unfortunate but these things happen.  however if its happened to two pairs, at the exact same point of failure that to me says you have (however inadvertently) been the causal factor.

are you sure youre not accidentally compressing them or something?  even if you were to be so unlucky as to get two duff sets on the trot that they have the exact same point of failure seems beyond the possibility of mere coincidence to me.

I see your point that a lot of people didn't have issues. The flip side is that this never happened with other IEMs I've owned and then suddenly it's two out of two within weeks. So from my universe of IEMs these are outliers. I've used apple IEMs for a decade until the rubber started to degrade from age, still have 7 year old cheap JVC marshmallows and about 2 year old SE215. I use the 750s to workout but I've also used all the rest for the same. So if they really broke from that then it kind of defeats the purpose of an IEM.

It would be great if RHA allowed me to send these back directly to them to have a look and figure it out, but it may not be worth their time. Let's see. I'd pay for the shipping even. If they do respond I'll update. 

I more or less agree with your review on the sound quality. Definitely going into the audiophile direction while still have a small edge to the 'fun' zone with the V-shape. I can't think of another IEM that is better in this price range.  The soundstage and sense of air compared to other IEMs is remarkable and one of the main features that must be mentioned.

Hopefully Shure will update their SE line to bring their stuff in-line with all the new competition hitting the market.  Even though the Shure SE line is still a great IEM today, it's interesting to see that when it was released 4-5 years ago it must have been incredible technology for the mainstream market.

I got them after the SE215 and thought the 750 sounded so thin at first. Then after some time of using both I realised how dark the SE215 are. They are still good, but I liked the more neutral-ish 750 sound.

Feb 16, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #251 of 382
    v
I see your point that a lot of people didn't have issues. The flip side is that this never happened with other IEMs I've owned and then suddenly it's two out of two within weeks. So from my universe of IEMs these are outliers. I've used apple IEMs for a decade until the rubber started to degrade from age, still have 7 year old cheap JVC marshmallows and about 2 year old SE215. I use the 750s to workout but I've also used all the rest for the same. So if they really broke from that then it kind of defeats the purpose of an IEM.

It would be great if RHA allowed me to send these back directly to them to have a look and figure it out, but it may not be worth their time. Let's see. I'd pay for the shipping even. If they do respond I'll update. 

I got them after the SE215 and thought the 750 sounded so thin at first. Then after some time of using both I realised how dark the SE215 are. They are still good, but I liked the more neutral-ish 750 sound.

I think RHA will allow you to do that.  I've seen them offer that to others that have had a problem.  Just curious, do you have the 750 or the 750i (the apple remote version)?  I have heard of some failures on the i model due to shorting or bad solder at the remote.  Other than that issue, I have heard of very few problems.  I never like IEM's with a remote because of this issue, its always a weak spot.

Feb 16, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #252 of 382

Hello! We're here.

Best thing to do is fill out this form explaining the situation, and drop us a PM with your email address - we can flag it with the team so it's expedited, and link them to the thread.

Sorry you're having issues, thanks for your patience.

Feb 16, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #253 of 382

Hello! We're here.

Best thing to do is fill out this form explaining the situation, and drop us a PM with your email address - we can flag it with the team so it's expedited, and link them to the thread.

RHA to the rescue
smily_headphones1.gif
.  Great service!  Love my 750 and T20, BTW.

Feb 16, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #254 of 382
  I think RHA will allow you to do that.  I've seen them offer that to others that have had a problem.  Just curious, do you have the 750 or the 750i (the apple remote version)?  I have heard of some failures on the i model due to shorting or bad solder at the remote.  Other than that issue, I have heard of very few problems.  I never like IEM's with a remote because of this issue, its always a weak spot.

They are the MA-750i, my guess is either insulation or soldering inside the metal enclosure where the jack goes. If you move the metal spring it will go on and off.

Hello! We're here.

WOW. This was mostly a rant and to see if I could gather info to repair it myself. I'm glad you responded, it is hard enough to keep up with incoming customer service let alone going out to find these things. Appreciate the effort. I'll fill in the form and let's see if this can be sorted out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back