RHA MA-750i Review
Nov 19, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #106 of 382
maybe, probably.

never used a note 4 output so no idea if its good or not but...... using a dedicated DAP like an x3 where the primary focus has been sounding good where as a phones audio is very much of lesser concern.  i cant say the note isnt good but id be willing to bet that the X3 would with some ease beat it.  then comes the big but................. if things like the mic and such matter, well youd loose that right off the bat.  of course if the note has a good DAC but meh amp then running it though a separate amp could help alot.  however if the output of the not e is rubbish then amping rubbish still gets you rubbish.  so then a DAC making use of the usb connection could improve things a lot.

if you want to check then id look in the source section and see, or if needs be ask how good or bad the Note 4 output is and hopefully someone whos used one can give you a little more information as to how good or not it is tahn i can.

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #107 of 382
thanks for ur reply as always.

actually I have Fiio E18 which I can connect to Note 4 and use E18 as DAC....so compared to this setup will stand alone X3 be better ?

as per my reading FiiO E18 has similar hardware as X5, and X5 is better than X3 and costlier...so my note 4 + E18 is better than X3 ?

Nov 21, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #108 of 382
  thanks for ur reply as always.

actually I have Fiio E18 which I can connect to Note 4 and use E18 as DAC....so compared to this setup will stand alone X3 be better ?

as per my reading FiiO E18 has similar hardware as X5, and X5 is better than X3 and costlier...so my note 4 + E18 is better than X3 ?

ooh if you have an 18 and if you can use it as a DAC and amp then it may possibly beat the X3.  ive not used an E18 so cant say.

assuming the dac and amp in the 18 are the same as the x5 then it should sound just like an x5 then, so that would make it x3 beating, of course in theory.

Nov 25, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #109 of 382
just got a 750 and I'm quite happy with the comfort. only spent about 30 minutes so far but not nearly as bassy and dark as innerfidelity made them out to be...whic they tend to do. whatever they consider dark is usually just about right for me. the 750 does sound a bit too bright but I haven't experimented with the tips yet either.

Nov 27, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #110 of 382
just got a 750 and I'm quite happy with the comfort. only spent about 30 minutes so far but not nearly as bassy and dark as innerfidelity made them out to be...whic they tend to do. whatever they consider dark is usually just about right for me. the 750 does sound a bit too bright but I haven't experimented with the tips yet either.

well to be fair to them everyones ears will hear something differently, whats really important is there is consistency so that you know if someone says xyz then you know exactly how that will translate to your ears picking them up.

that said, yeah im with you.  too much treble for me to really think of them as dark.

Dec 6, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #112 of 382
Can anyone say how is the bass of these compared to the GR07 BE ? Is it a LOT less?

750 is more bassier than BE....BE by name is not a kind of basshead or boomy bass but enhanced to its predecessors MKI and MKII....and also to its successor CE.....

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #115 of 382
Hi everyone,

I just purchased a 750i yesterday from the apple store.  Love the case, build quality, and overall comfort and sound isolation of the earbuds but one thing is making me a little nervous.  Most reviews seem to suggest these earbuds have a good amount of bass, but I'm not getting the amount of bass I was expecting.  I've been using the Bose soundtrue earbuds and it seems like the bass is 1/4 of that of the bose.  Do i need to burn these earbuds in or is it just a matter of me finding a more 'perfect fit' to find that bass signature?

Thank you~

Dec 8, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #116 of 382
  Hi everyone,

I just purchased a 750i yesterday from the apple store.  Love the case, build quality, and overall comfort and sound isolation of the earbuds but one thing is making me a little nervous.  Most reviews seem to suggest these earbuds have a good amount of bass, but I'm not getting the amount of bass I was expecting.  I've been using the Bose soundtrue earbuds and it seems like the bass is 1/4 of that of the bose.  Do i need to burn these earbuds in or is it just a matter of me finding a more 'perfect fit' to find that bass signature?

Thank you~

You probably need a better seal. Try the larger ear tips.

Dec 15, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #119 of 382
  Changed my iphone music setting from flat to electronic, and also bass booster.  Sounds much better.  I set it as flat before to use with my v-moda m100's.  

yeah a seal is key to bass but do bare in mind, most "consumer" things have wildly inflated bass and often its of a lousy quallity.  all big and flabby that farts all over the place.  the 750 once you have spend some time with im sure you will notice how superior it is to the likes of bose.

Dec 15, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #120 of 382

yeah a seal is key to bass but do bare in mind, most "consumer" things have wildly inflated bass and often its of a lousy quallity.  all big and flabby that farts all over the place.  the 750 once you have spend some time with im sure you will notice how superior it is to the likes of bose.

I totally agree, I've been using the 750's for about a week now and I notice the difference!  My Bose headphone sounds like it's drowning in bass and I can't hear anything else clearly.  I guess my ears just needed some adjusting.  Great sound isolation too.  Very happy with this purchase!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back