RHA MA-750i Review
Aug 29, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #62 of 382
Mark,
Thanks for all your input with these IEM's. I have been using the ATH-M50's for about the last 3-4 years.
I also some times use a pair of Sennheiser 414 classic. I have looked at the RE-400 before not great build quality.
I have also looked at the Shure 215 didnt care for the build on those either. Are the 750's the IEM's you use most?
I think I may give the 750's a try. Not all that much money. Thanks for all your help.
Earl

ooh you didnt like the build on the 215????  clearly you much have high standards.  as for build the 750 is pretty much the best there is. although..................RHA have a new shiny IEM just launching and im hoping to get a pair in to review.  they come in at about £150 i think so it may be more than your wallet would like.

lol, what i use most. no they are not.  i pretty much only listen to whats currently in my review chain (3 things at the moment) so as soon as im done with one i just move on to the next review.  it has been a good while since i picked up something out of choice.

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #63 of 382
  ooh you didnt like the build on the 215????  clearly you much have high standards.  as for build the 750 is pretty much the best there is. although..................RHA have a new shiny IEM just launching and im hoping to get a pair in to review.  they come in at about £150 i think so it may be more than your wallet would like.

lol, what i use most. no they are not.  i pretty much only listen to whats currently in my review chain (3 things at the moment) so as soon as im done with one i just move on to the next review.  it has been a good while since i picked up something out of choice.

looking forward to your T10i review , or an impression may be , if you can make it up to berlin .

Aug 29, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #64 of 382
Is there anybody who can tell me if the RHA MA750i headphone jack would fit perfectly on an iPhone 5/5s with the original leather Case?
I'm using the iPad Air as well as the iPhone with the leather case and with the Xiaomi Pistons 2 there is nearly no gap between Headphone Jack and the case and the connector from RHA seems to be a lot beefier ,but has that plastic distance ring .

Kind regards , David

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #65 of 382

is there "better" sounding, well yes.  at this price the RE-400 with some ease smashes everything around it, its not a close thing, the 400 is "better" than everything.  however.........the 400 has compared to some has not the most sturdy construction in the world...

I liked the sound of the RE-400 but I thought the MA750i's trounced them personally. Then there's the atrocious build quality of the RE-400 in comparison to the MA750i's tank like build.

Aug 29, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #66 of 382

I liked the sound of the RE-400 but I thought the MA750i's trounced them personally. Then there's the atrocious build quality of the RE-400 in comparison to the MA750i's tank like build.

well they are both of a sufficiently good audio quality that sound signature preferences is more important, i feel, than one being "better" than another.  the 750 easily has a more general consumer pleasing sound than the 400 does.

totally agree about the build though.  the two just are on completely different planets.

Sep 4, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #69 of 382
I just picked up a pair of these, at the moment they're being shipped to me.
Was it a good choice? I was looking for a pair of in-ears that sound pretty good but won't break on me, and when I heard that this set had some of the best build quality in the business, I jumped at it.

I was just tired of running through $20 headphones that would break after a few months, and kept falling out during workouts. I got the 750i over the 750 even though I have an Android phone because I've heard that song pause/skip/play still works. This is something I think is worth an extra $10. 

Need your opinion! Thanks!

Sep 6, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #70 of 382
hi and welcome, sorry for your wallet.

yep its a good choice. yep the build quality is superb, youll see it when you get them, these are solid.

button wise, if memory serves, play/pause worked.  i think if you hit the button 3 times quickly it went next track.  the big one was the mic didnt work if thats a problem.  thing is taht was with my android phone, part of the problem ins that diff makers have different setups so things may be diff with your android phone.  only way to know is try it and see.

fingers crossed it all works how you like and you love them, pleas do come back and let us know how you get on with them.

Sep 10, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #73 of 382
I also just got a pair of these. I'm using with a laptop and Fiio E6 amp. I primarily listen to extreme metal and the detail of these , especially at high volumes , is awesome. I'm still burning them in and am interested in finding out how the bass develops. Upon opening, the bass was tight and punchy but just a tiny bit lacking. I've only put 8 hours into these so I have a ways to go before they reach full potential. My primary headphones are ATH- M50s if that gives an idea where my baseline for comparison lies.

Sep 10, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #74 of 382
yeah the treble on the 750 is pretty damn excellent isnt it.  metalic and crispy yet still retaining a sumptuously delicate decay.

your E6 though, hit the bass boost button if you want some more.  also play around with the tips.  the foam ones are going to give you bit of a boost to the lows at the slight taming of a little high end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back