RHA MA-750i Review
Aug 8, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #48 of 382
I'm still waiting on i-parcel to deliver....I feel annoyed. I bought these based on your review. I am looking forward to hearing them,,,,how long do you recommend for burn-in?

Aug 10, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #49 of 382
well i personally always do 100 hours for a burn in.  its my standard just do regardless because somethings want a burn in and some dont at all.  its been said taht a burn in tames the edge on the highs here which i can kinda go along with.  i also swapped to the nice foam tips they come with so i put it down to that myself.

really though, for most things a burn in is an icing thing.  its really not something you need, you certaily dont need to worry about it but if you want to use them as normal do so.  if you want to burn them in, then use as normal and when your not listenedng to them, let them play for a handfull of days to let their legs loosen up.

Aug 10, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #50 of 382
With these, I just couldn't get a fit. The smaller single-flanges did not isolate properly. The larger ones simply did not go into my ear without pain. Only the large double-flange kinda worked, but it still took frequent readjustment. Guess my ears are weird. With regular style IEMs (Panasonic RP-HJE120, Klipsch S4 II, Soundmagic E10), I can safely use any small, single-flange tip and it works fine.

Aug 10, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #51 of 382
I normally do 40 hours on headphones....thanks for your tips and I'll let you know when I get them.

Aug 12, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #52 of 382
  With these, I just couldn't get a fit. The smaller single-flanges did not isolate properly. The larger ones simply did not go into my ear without pain. Only the large double-flange kinda worked, but it still took frequent readjustment. Guess my ears are weird. With regular style IEMs (Panasonic RP-HJE120, Klipsch S4 II, Soundmagic E10), I can safely use any small, single-flange tip and it works fine.

did you try the foam tips?  i liked them greatly myself.
I normally do 40 hours on headphones....thanks for your tips and I'll let you know when I get them.

grand, fingers crossed you like them
beerchug.gif

Aug 13, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #53 of 382
GRAND...it finally came. Burning in now...

BTW  - what part of Edinburgh are you from? I am from Leeds - but have spent lots of time in Edinburgh,,,especially Leith. 

Aug 13, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #54 of 382
With Comply foams, I found that I needed a smaller size for my slightly smaller left ear.  The have fairly large nozzles.  I haven't had to do that with other earphones, such as the Ety4S, which obviously have a small nozzle.  
Love the sound, don't appreciate the driver flex though.

Aug 16, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #55 of 382
  GRAND...it finally came. Burning in now...

BTW  - what part of Edinburgh are you from? I am from Leeds - but have spent lots of time in Edinburgh,,,especially Leith. 

well im not really from edinburgh, am from stirling.  atm in edinburgh im in Granton but have lived in a few places in the city.  if you google the new telford college im more or less across the road from it.

Aug 27, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #56 of 382
Mark, I am thinking of getting these. I have read several reviews on these and most people seen to like them well enough.
Is their a better sounding IEM in this price range? I am not a bass head. I am looking for natural sound.
Do you use these with glasses?
Thanks

Aug 27, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #57 of 382
Mark, I am thinking of getting these. I have read several reviews on these and most people seen to like them well enough.
Is their a better sounding IEM in this price range? I am not a bass head. I am looking for natural sound.
Thanks

not a bass head ? do you still enjoy bass ? if no , look at R3 , brainwavz R3 , not like you cant get bass but its not much . odd shape but outstanding sound stage and beautiful sound !!

Aug 28, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #58 of 382
Thanks

re the glasses, i wear glasses any time im not it bed so every IEM i ever use is always used with me wearing glasses the entire time.

is there "better" sounding, well yes.  at this price the RE-400 with some ease smashes everything around it, its not a close thing, the 400 is "better" than everything.  however.........the 400 has compared to some has not the most sturdy construction in the world.  compared to the 750 which feels like it could have a go at surviving a nuclear blast, the 400, well erm does not.  also the 400 is fairly "neutral"  it does have slightly elevated bass but its still very much an "audiophile" IEM.  people coming from very bass heavy mainstream stuff will find it exceedingly lacking.  they are both at very competent and capable IEMs.

if you are looking for a rather natural sound then the 400 is probably the one thats more what your after tonally.  just be aware it will want to be cared for, if your a bit rough with things.  also as suman mentions the R3 has quite natural feel to it so you may want to give a little look into aswell.

can i ask what is you have at present and have heard at length?  your idea of natural sounding may not be what i would think of if your not used to stuff round this place.

Aug 28, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #59 of 382
Mark,
Thanks for all your input with these IEM's. I have been using the ATH-M50's for about the last 3-4 years.
I also some times use a pair of Sennheiser 414 classic. I have looked at the RE-400 before not great build quality.
I have also looked at the Shure 215 didnt care for the build on those either. Are the 750's the IEM's you use most?
I think I may give the 750's a try. Not all that much money. Thanks for all your help.
Earl

Aug 28, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #60 of 382
Mark,
Thanks for all your input with these IEM's. I have been using the ATH-M50's for about the last 3-4 years.
I also some times use a pair of Sennheiser 414 classic. I have looked at the RE-400 before not great build quality.
I have also looked at the Shure 215 didnt care for the build on those either. Are the 750's the IEM's you use most?
I think I may give the 750's a try. Not all that much money. Thanks for all your help.
Earl

if you like your m50 , you will like the ma750 .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back