RHA MA-750i Review
Jul 13, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #331 of 382
Not in my opinion, they seem the same although there are more varieties and sizes.  Overall, I'm not a huge fan of Comply, although I'll use them if I have to.

Haven't tried these but anyone try the ZNARI foam tips? They look a lot like RHA original ones. Reviews seem to say they're much more durable.

I love how easy complys compress to go in your ears but they're just so fragile for $10 a set. And I'd like to think they would use stronger glue for the center piece but that would mean less sales for them.

Jul 14, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #332 of 382
Hai Mark !
I am in confusion to take a decision to buy an iem.
Can u suggest which is better?,Dunu Titan5 or RHA 750 I?
After reading reviews after reviews ..I am totally perplexed!

hello and welcome.

well you say which is "better"  but its not that simple.  the Titan 5 sounds better, easily however its big problem is that it does not isolate.  most people who use IEM's do so in part because they need isolation, i know i do and as such while the Titan's sound fantastic they are just not suitable to be used in lots of environments.  either because they let in lots of noise or because they leak noise and will piss off every one around you.

so if only had those two to choose from which to buy, id pick the 750 easily, every singe time.  it is practical to use anywhere even if it doesnt sound quite as good as the Titan these is just no way i could use the Titan for many situations.  so if your only going to have one good IEM and its between those two i say take the 750.

Jul 31, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #333 of 382
Very impressed with these, got them for £50 cos of damage to box. I've been looking at RHA IEMs for ages and with that price took the plunge and really glad I did.

My everyday favourite pair is my Dunu DN 1000, they are great all rounders and have great tight bass and great clarity, especially micro details. The 750s which are around £30-35 cheaper give them a run for their money. The 750s have a very big sound to them, great layering and very 3D like sound.

Against dunu dn 1000s...

BASS- It's tighter on the 1000, but goes slightly lower on the 750. 1000 is quicker with slightly better resolution, 750 bigger, slightly boomier but still controlled.

MIDS - 1000 has better clarity and better micro details, but the mids are more fun on the 750, they're a bit thicker but still have good detail retrieval. Mid bass is maybe better on the 750, but I haven't been using them that long. Neither are basshead levels, but I think even a basshead can appreciate them both for the quality and presence both have.

HIGHs - 1000 has again more clarity and they are more accurate, better resolution, crispier and they are less fatiguing. The 750 has good detail, but the big sound that they have can make them a bit shouty at times. 

Soundstage - Pretty equal width, but the 750 is definitely deeper and more 3D.

Both are V shaped to my ears, but the 750 a little less so.

I enjoy both sets equally. The 750 with it's bigger heavier sound is a lot of fun. 1000 is a better all rounder as it's fun but also can be analytical with the right tip.

Tips - I use Comply on 750 and Spinfit on 1000.

I've listened to Aurisonics Kickers which are meant to be basshead level, but the 750 'kicks' their ass (genius ain't I). Kickers really disappointed me. Their bass doesn't go as low, and the clarity on them was poor. i never really gave them any burn in time but out of the box they were poor.

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #336 of 382
stly listen to?  how much isolation do you need / want?
For its price what other nice options could you recommend?

well....... there are lots. 

some questions first to help narrow a suggestion.  where on earth are you?  country matters.  what have you heard before and how do you find them?  do you have a sounds style in mind, if so what?  what sort of music do you mostly listen to?  how much isolation do you need / want?

Aug 16, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #337 of 382
stly listen to?  how much isolation do you need / want?

well....... there are lots. 

some questions first to help narrow a suggestion.  where on earth are you?  country matters.  what have you heard before and how do you find them?  do you have a sounds style in mind, if so what?  what sort of music do you mostly listen to?  how much isolation do you need / want?
I'm from Canada.
deep house, house -electronic- classic rock, classical..
I want it to look good and also be durable. I want it to playback recorded live sets in nice fashion.
I came very close on a set of t20i's

I guess isolation is important -I liked my old 215's in this regard-

Cheers,

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #338 of 382
okay yeah the 750 could be a very good option for you.  they will certainly have more treble than your 215.  now given you have quite a bread range of musicical styles there you want somthing of an all rounder, the 750 is good at that but id alsa have te chip in the GR07 as an option and the Trinity Delta too.  the GR07 is the least well isolating but not by a huge margin.  frankly there are alot of options.  things like the PMV A-01 is pretty great an option too and while ive not spend lonf with it the 1More tripe driver tihng (whos name is escaping me) the PMV especially has a really nice cable but so does the 750. 

lol, frankly there in an embarrassment of good things for that price these days that would likely all do what you want.

did you find the sound of the 215 to be what you wanted or to be a bit bass heavy / treble light?

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #339 of 382
okay yeah the 750 could be a very good option for you.  they will certainly have more treble than your 215.  now given you have quite a bread range of musicical styles there you want somthing of an all rounder, the 750 is good at that but id alsa have te chip in the GR07 as an option and the Trinity Delta too.  the GR07 is the least well isolating but not by a huge margin.  frankly there are alot of options.  things like the PMV A-01 is pretty great an option too and while ive not spend lonf with it the 1More tripe driver tihng (whos name is escaping me) the PMV especially has a really nice cable but so does the 750. 

lol, frankly there in an embarrassment of good things for that price these days that would likely all do what you want.

did you find the sound of the 215 to be what you wanted or to be a bit bass heavy / treble light?
Thanks for talking to me in layman, because most reviews I read I don't know half the words that are spoken ie 'sound stage', 'neural' 'warm', 'sibilant ' bright' etc.. (I am English second language, so don't mind my grammar)
What I liked about the 215 was fit, it allowed me to detach myself from the outside environment, the sound felt deep -maybe a tad too deep- but clear enough that I didn't mind that.
I think I would appreciate a realistic sound, one that can spread through all genres. I would like the sound to flatter and detail the lows, miss and highs. A little more treble detail but without sounding sharp and and without clashing.

I would appreciate your insight.
I've been reading a lot about the mee p1 and I'm in the position to get the Rha t20i for the same price so that intrigues me.

Cheers,
M

Aug 17, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #340 of 382
Thanks for talking to me in layman, because most reviews I read I don't know half the words that are spoken ie 'sound stage', 'neural' 'warm', 'sibilant ' bright' etc.. (I am English second language, so don't mind my grammar)
What I liked about the 215 was fit, it allowed me to detach myself from the outside environment, the sound felt deep -maybe a tad too deep- but clear enough that I didn't mind that.
I think I would appreciate a realistic sound, one that can spread through all genres. I would like the sound to flatter and detail the lows, miss and highs. A little more treble detail but without sounding sharp and and without clashing.

I would appreciate your insight.
I've been reading a lot about the mee p1 and I'm in the position to get the Rha t20i for the same price so that intrigues me.

Cheers,
M

your welcome.  i do tend to use those terms too but for what your after, i think you want a bit of an all rounder.   the 215 is nice but its a bit over bassy, and its treble while super easy on the ear does lack clarity and detail.

now the t20 and p1 ive both reviewed to so yo may want to read those from me and you can see what i tohught of them and yes, they are both great.  so that really doesnt help you but of those two, the t20 i think is going to be the more broadly appealing and the p1 is quite aimed at what i think of as aimed at audiophiles specifically and it is a bit more even and steady.  the t20 is a that bit more bouncy and playful while still being quite excellent

Aug 17, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #341 of 382
your welcome.  i do tend to use those terms too but for what your after, i think you want a bit of an all rounder.   the 215 is nice but its a bit over bassy, and its treble while super easy on the ear does lack clarity and detail.

now the t20 and p1 ive both reviewed to so yo may want to read those from me and you can see what i tohught of them and yes, they are both great.  so that really doesnt help you but of those two, the t20 i think is going to be the more broadly appealing and the p1 is quite aimed at what i think of as aimed at audiophiles specifically and it is a bit more even and steady.  the t20 is a that bit more bouncy and playful while still being quite excellent
I sometimes mix and record live mixes, which one would you say gives a more detailed sound. Something that I can catch everything in the recording.

Cheers,

Aug 17, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #342 of 382
oh, well, for that sort of stuff id be inclined to look towards armature based stuff as they generaly move less air and are less bassy thus they tend to be easier on the ear for very long periods of time. soooo id be inclined to look past bothe of those but of the two, the p1 i i think would be the the more overall suitable for the job due to varietly of factors.  in terms of raw detail neither is the notably better.

Aug 17, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #343 of 382
oh, well, for that sort of stuff id be inclined to look towards armature based stuff as they generaly move less air and are less bassy thus they tend to be easier on the ear for very long periods of time. soooo id be inclined to look past bothe of those but of the two, the p1 i i think would be the the more overall suitable for the job due to varietly of factors.  in terms of raw detail neither is the notably better.
Thanks for all your help!

Aug 17, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #344 of 382
Thanks for all your help!

np its what here is for
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back