[Reviewers Wanted] World Tour for Cayin i5 - Android based AK4490 DAP with WiFi, Dropbox and Google Play
Oct 18, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #136 of 256
Im interested in this review, currently I'm doing a global review tour of the Fiio X1ii, and previously I have done a series of global tour reviews of products, and below is what i have now in my inventory:

Player: X5ii
DAC: Chord Mojo, Stoner EGD (full balanced), UD120
AMP: Stoner EGA (full balanced too)
Speaker: Alesis Elevate 5
Headphone: Q701 and HD650

My series of review, part of them in my retired blog link in my siggy

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4061480  <- Pai Audio MR series review
earfisensation.blogspot.com  <- my old review site
http://www.head-fi.org/users/282150/reviews  <- Headfi gear reviews

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #137 of 256
I would actually like to throw my hat in on this one.
I am not a big fan of DAPs in general because I tend to use my iPhone with a couple apps and Tidal.

That said I love the C5Dac.... And it's not practical to keep an amp strapped to my iPhone 24/7. The C5dac has turned my iFi, ALO Audio, Fiio and Dragonfly units to professional dust collectors so I am curious how the i5 DAP compares sonically to the C5Dac tethered to an iPhone.

My personal info is as follows:

Equipment: Cayin c5dac, iFi iDSD micro, ALO National, Metrum Octave, Luxman SQ-n100, Stello HP100 Mk2,
Headphones: Focal Elear, Senn HD800, Audeze Sine, Beyer T51i, VSonic GR-07
Sources: Custom Dedicated Audio PC, Surface pro 4, Raspberry Pi3/ with HifiBerry Digi+ and OSMC, iPhone 6

Most recent reviews.

Fiio X1
http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x1-ultraportable-hi-res-dap/reviews/14126

Cayin C5Dac
http://www.head-fi.org/products/cayin-spark-c5-dac-portable-usb-dac-headphone-amplifier/reviews/14125

Oct 19, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #138 of 256
I am your man for the job!

Oct 26, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #140 of 256
Hi @Andykong!

Consider this official acknowledgment of tour terms and conditions.

My info is as follows:

Reviews: The link is to my review index, got a few over there, including DAPs, headphones, etc... 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/812299/glassmonkeys-reviews-past-present-future
Gear: I have a substantial amount of gear that is listed in my profile. When this comes my way I should have two Android DAPs (Cyberdrive Seiun Pro X, and Echobox Audio Explorer) to compare it to, and some more IEMs at varying levels. I'll most likely be testing this with the UERR, Meze 99 Classic, etc...

I've been looking forward to hearing your gear for a while, but as of yet haven't heard any Cayin gear. I hope the X5 lives up to my expectations.

Oct 26, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #141 of 256
Hi @Andykong
!

Consider this official acknowledgment of tour terms and conditions.

My info is as follows:

Reviews: The link is to my review index, got a few over there, including DAPs, headphones, etc... 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/812299/glassmonkeys-reviews-past-present-future

Gear: I have a substantial amount of gear that is listed in my profile. When this comes my way I should have two Android DAPs (Cyberdrive Seiun Pro X, and Echobox Audio Explorer) to compare it to, and some more IEMs at varying levels. I'll most likely be testing this with the UERR, Meze 99 Classic, etc...

I've been looking forward to hearing your gear for a while, but as of yet haven't heard any Cayin gear. I hope the X5 lives up to my expectations.

Thanks for the your kind support. :beerchug:

For the reference of other tour participant, the Europe tour group will finish at UK and we might extend that into a dedicated UK sub-tour because they have gathered five participants in UK now.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 27, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #142 of 256
Sorry for the delay in announcing the finalized reviewer list. We have received over 50 applicants in the i5 tour, some of them are applied through PM or referral. The response is way beyond my expectation, so I need more time to shortlist, group and assign tour sequence in each sub-tour. To cut the long story short, this is the reviewer list for i5 World Tour:

Group 1: US (Washington + Oregon)
  1. Soundsgoodtome (Seattle, WA)
  2. Barra (Seattle, WA) 
  3. alpha421 (Bellevue, WA)
  4. nmatheis (Portland, OR)

This is a self-help group because the reviewers are personal friends of each other, and they have served as reviews for the US Tour of Cayin iDAC-6/iHA-6 previously.

Group 2: US (California)
  1. hakushondaimao (Calgary, Canada)
  2. gto88 (Bay area, CA)
  3. Alypius (Monterey, CA)
  4. The Fed (Long Beach, CA)
  5. fleasbaby (Redlands CA)
  6. miceblue (Los Angeles, CA)

We have 6 reviewers application from California, and one of the applicants has bought the i5 before the tour is started. I have send the Tour unit to hakushondaimao in advance, assuming we'll have a Canada group in the i5 tour. I was wrong, so hakushondaimao need to send his tour unit to California now.

Group 3: US (Colorado + Wisconsin)
  1. DJ The Rocket (Colorado)
  2. Voxata (Northern Colorado)
  3. verbositynow (Lakewood, CO)
  4. Hisoundfi (Wisconsin)

The sequence of reviewers in Colorado might subject to change as I don't have enough information to determine an optimized route for them. Will conform this email later on.

Group 4: US (Missouri + Minnesota)
  1. PinkyPowers (Kansas City, MO)
  2. ngoshawk (Warrensburg, MO)
  3. howdy (Minnesota)
  4. originalsnuffy (Minneapolis MN)

Group 5: US: East
  1. shotgunshane (Atlanta, GA)
  2. linux4ever (Northern Virginia, DC metro area)
  3. chef8489 (Asheville NC)
  4. Army-Firedawg (Charlotte, NC)

Group 6: Asia
  1. Hawaiibadboy (Japan)
  2. oneguy (Japan)
  3. noobandroid (East Malaysia)
  4. tobias89 (Singapore)
  5. earfonia (Singapore)

This group will involve international mailing, I want to thank them sincerely for their extra effort to make this group happen.

Group 7: Europe
  1. wirefriend (Kraków Poland)
  2. OSiRiSsk (Brno Czech Republic)
  3. Takeanidea (Liskeard, England, UK)
  4. Q Mass (Scotland, UK)
  5. mark2410 (Edinburgh, Scotland, UK)
  6. glassmonkey (Southampton, UK)
  7. CraftyClown (London, UK)
  8. Ithilstone
  9. Krisman (Suffolk - UK)

We have a group within group in this case and Takeanidea will be the UK sub-tour group coordinator. In fact most of the reviewers in the UK group are invited by Takeanidea, so I shall hands off the tour arrangement to Takeanidea when the Tour unit arrived UK. He can add new members to the UK tour, and arrange the tour sequence, or whatever he consider necessary.

This group will involve international mailing, I want to thank them sincerely for their extra effort to make this group happen.

Group 8: Oceania
  1. H20Fidelity (Australia)
  2. gikigill (Melbourne. Australia)
  3. emptymt (Melbourne, Australia)
  4. kamcok (Melbourne, VIC, Australia)
  5. Brooko (New Zealand)

Brooko is the group coordinator of the Oceania group. He is in the process of lining up more members to the tour, so we might adjust the sequence later on. RIght now I can only confirm H2OFidelity will be the first reviewer of the group, and I shall send the Tour unit to him as scheduled. We shall finalise the tour planning before H2OFidelity finish his 2-weeks audition.

Since a new i5 firmware will be available in next few days, I shall defer the tour schedule to take advantages of the new firmware. The Tour unit will send out on 3rd November instead of 28th October.

Unless otherwise agreed, at the end of the tour, Group 1 to 5 will send the tour unit to our US authorized dealer MusicTeck in New Jersey. Group 6 to 8 will send the tour unit back to Hong Kong at our expenses.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 27, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #144 of 256
Thank you guys (Andy and Trev) for including me in this tour 
(official mode on) I would like to confirm and to agree to T and C. (official mode off) ​
biggrin.gif

Oct 27, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #145 of 256
Wooo-Hooo, I'm on the tour !
bigsmile_face.gif

I confirm and agree to T's+C's

How many units are being sent out please?

I calculate that if it's a single unit, it'll be around a year until my slot comes round (given that I'm in the middle of group 7).
But I'm assuming more than one unit is touring?

Whatever, I'm delighted to get the chance to hear the i5, thanks @Andykong and @Takeanidea

Oct 27, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #146 of 256
Looking forward to it!

Oct 27, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #147 of 256
Oct 27, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #148 of 256
I'm excited to get my ears on it, thanks for the selection!

Oct 27, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #150 of 256
Congratulations to all , it's becoming a nice little family this bunch of dedicated guys we see on tour after tour. @Andykong especially thank you for believing in me and for listening to me . People like you will keep this hobby fresh and help to make the world an easier place to deal with.
Now let's make this a tour to remember!
Trev

Users who are viewing this thread

Back