[Reviewers Wanted] World Tour for Cayin i5 - Android based AK4490 DAP with WiFi, Dropbox and Google Play
Oct 16, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #122 of 256
@Andykong thank you for your reply. I thought sure that the post would be deleted. I am so happy I was proved wrong. I am sure the folks here will be pleased with the no international shipping if 5 or more people are in 1 Country clause. That should help out people who can also help you and your Company to promote their product.
I don't expect to be picked with my stance but wish you and your Company nothing but the best and bear you no ill will since you are only following the Industry Standard Practice. In this ever changing World that will change , once people like me speak out and say "is this fair?".
I am very pleased you have at least listened to me

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #124 of 256
@nmatheis thanks and great to hear from you . I totally respect headfi's guiding principle of us all being nice to each other. I am raising these issues because we need manufacturers to realise that we are marketing their products for free. Because it's our hobby and we love new stuff and our Forum is thirsty for news and opinions we are happy to give our time freely. But to have to pay for the privilege....well , it just seems wrong , especially when you are talking about $50 worth of shipping.
As this is a discussion thread for the Tour I would welcome views on this , but I also understand that people will think that if they agree with my view that they will have no chance in taking part in the Tour.
From @nmatheis vouching for our Sponsor I am absolutely certain this would not be the case

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #125 of 256
I've shipped back and forth to headfi buddies in Canada for tours @Takeanidea, so I totally get where you're coming from. I'm fine shipping within the US but it does certainly get pricey when you have to ship across borders. And I've also participated in a couple tours where e shipping was reimbursed. That was certainly appreciated!

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #126 of 256
Now you're talking! It only takes a $ or 2 to put the smile back on my face
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 17, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #127 of 256
  @nmatheis thanks and great to hear from you . I totally respect headfi's guiding principle of us all being nice to each other. I am raising these issues because we need manufacturers to realise that we are marketing their products for free. Because it's our hobby and we love new stuff and our Forum is thirsty for news and opinions we are happy to give our time freely. But to have to pay for the privilege....well , it just seems wrong , especially when you are talking about $50 worth of shipping.
As this is a discussion thread for the Tour I would welcome views on this , but I also understand that people will think that if they agree with my view that they will have no chance in taking part in the Tour.
From @nmatheis vouching for our Sponsor I am absolutely certain this would not be the case

Now you're talking! It only takes a $ or 2 to put the smile back on my face 
smily_headphones1.gif

Romanian min. wage is 300$, the relative value of 50$ is much higher...

And we do market the product for free. 

But let's appreciate that we can significantly reduce those by working together and it's nice to be able to do this, especially for those who want to purchase a new DAP and can't test one locally, or for those who were wondering how does it sound, but never had the chance to listen to one. 

There is not official reseller in Romania... Yet! 

Oct 17, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #128 of 256
Hi there,

I'm new to the community, but was able to briefly attend RMAF CanJam in Denver as I'm a local.  So much fun, and led directly to my Sennheiser can purchase below.  As I'm just getting into things, I hope I can bring a fresh, non-jaded perspective to a review and give folks a little insight into the not-quite-an-audiophile-yet point of view.  Besides, I'm in the market for a DAP now that I realize how terrible my music has sounded for the last...well...hmmm, pretty much for as long as I can remember.  I'd love to get a nicer set of IEMs, too...this new addiction is going to require budgeting.  Lots of budgeting...

Username: verbositynow
Past reviews: None
Equipment to be used: Sennheiser HD600, Sony XBA-H1

Let me know if I can join the fun!  It looks like there are some other Colorado folks involved, so it would be an honor to join the team and learn from the experienced folks!

-verbositynow

Oct 17, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #129 of 256
@Andykong
thank you for your reply. I thought sure that the post would be deleted. I am so happy I was proved wrong. I am sure the folks here will be pleased with the no international shipping if 5 or more people are in 1 Country clause. That should help out people who can also help you and your Company to promote their product.
I don't expect to be picked with my stance but wish you and your Company nothing but the best and bear you no ill will since you are only following the Industry Standard Practice. In this ever changing World that will change , once people like me speak out and say "is this fair?".
I am very pleased you have at least listened to me

My friend, while I can't entertain your request doesn't not necessarily mean your opinion is invalid, we have to work under different constraint and learn to respect each other.

Let me put it this way, Europe is a very difficult place to organize a product tour. We have a lot of small countries in the Continental Europe, and some of the countries are about the size and population of a metropolitan area in US, so international mailing is frequently involved, once we go beyond the EC country list, tax consequence is getting into the picture as well. Plus taking the language problem into account, making HeadFi forum not as popular in the non-English speaking community. If you review the applicant list of i5 tour, you'll notice that most Europe applicants are coming from different country. If Cayin were to cover all the international mailing an tax cost, the cost to operate a tour in Europe will be significantly higher then North America and Australia/NZ, the management decision will be obvious if you put yourself in the seat of Cayin Financial Manager.

UK is a better off location when compare to the rest of the Europe, I credit this to the Language issue and the CanJam London event, so HeadFi forum is more accessible when compare to other Europe countries, that's why I was hoping that we can attract a reasonable number of participants, I even promised to handle UK exclusively if there are 5 applicants joining the tour, and I'll dedicate Tour sample for UK, that will eliminated the involvement of international mailing and the tour group will enjoy more flexibility as well, unfortunately this doesn't seem to work out at this stage.

Regarding the tour period issue, maybe I can try to quantify my criteria further. If any participants has a reasonable track record (i.e. 2 review reports before tour application) in headfi related product review (Headfi or other online forum), and promised to write a comprehensive review for the tour sample, I can extend the review period to two weeks. Just PM me your intention and we can discuss this in more detail.

I'll be leaving for my plan in half an hour time, so probably away from Internet for 2 days or so, lets home the tour will have a brighter picture when I get online again. :wink:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 17, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #130 of 256
Hi there,

I'm new to the community, but was able to briefly attend RMAF CanJam in Denver as I'm a local.  So much fun, and led directly to my Sennheiser can purchase below.  As I'm just getting into things, I hope I can bring a fresh, non-jaded perspective to a review and give folks a little insight into the not-quite-an-audiophile-yet point of view.  Besides, I'm in the market for a DAP now that I realize how terrible my music has sounded for the last...well...hmmm, pretty much for as long as I can remember.  I'd love to get a nicer set of IEMs, too...this new addiction is going to require budgeting.  Lots of budgeting...

Username: verbositynow
Past reviews: None
Equipment to be used: Sennheiser HD600, Sony XBA-H1

Let me know if I can join the fun!  It looks like there are some other Colorado folks involved, so it would be an honor to join the team and learn from the experienced folks!

-verbositynow

Welcome, can I describe this as post-RMAF fever? we have three Colorado applicants in the list and I hope the i5 will kick start a Colorado user group in the future.

I know, this is 5"48am, perfect time for dreaming. :D

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 17, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #131 of 256
Username: kamcok
I will be in Perth, WA between 7th Nov to 9th Jan and can still do the review in the location 

Past Reviews : http://www.head-fi.org/newsearch/?advanced=1&createdbyuserid%5B%5D=139704&order=descending&search=&sort=lastupdate&type=15
http://www.head-fi.org/t/672658/sennheiser-amperior-review

Current sources :
Xperia Z2
Centrance DACport Slim
(previously mainly used FiiO X3 until it was lost 2 months ago)

Equipment to be used:
ATH-R70X
Fostex T50RP MK III
CTM-CT200
Aurisonics Rockets
Flare Audio R2S
ATH CKR9LTD
Sony MDR-100AAP

Oct 17, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #132 of 256
Aloha!

I'd love to review this unit if there's still an opportunity. Monterey, CA

Current equipment:
Laptop (FLAC via JRiver to Schiit Modi 2 Uber and Modi Multibit)
Bottlehead Crack (modded)
Schiit Asgard 2
Pro-Ject Debut DC with Phono Box

Current Headphones:
Beyerdynamic DT990 (600 Ohm), T1.1
Shure SE215 IEM

Oct 17, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #133 of 256
Just read this, hope it is not too late to sign up.
This i5 looks gorgeous comparing with others in the market.
I really want to try a DAP to compare with iPhone6+ and PC as music source..

Username: gto88

Current equipment:
LKS MH-DA003 , Schiit Jotunheim, Audio-GD NFB-1AMP

Current Headphones:
Denon AHD-5000, HD800, HE-1000

Oct 18, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #134 of 256
Hi Andy, thanks for organizing the tour!
I would like to join if the tour is open for Singapore.

Username: tobias89

Past reviews: 
http://www.head-fi.org/users/389799/reviews

Equipment to be used: 
http://www.head-fi.org/u/389799/tobias89
Main IEMs for review: A12 CIEM, Echobox Finder

Thanks again Andy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back