[Reviewers Wanted] World Tour for Cayin i5 - Android based AK4490 DAP with WiFi, Dropbox and Google Play
Oct 27, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #151 of 256
Sorry for the delay in announcing the finalized reviewer list. We have received over 50 applicants in the i5 tour, some of them are applied through PM or referral. The response is way beyond my expectation, so I need more time to shortlist, group and assign tour sequence in each sub-tour. To cut the long story short, this is the reviewer list for i5 World Tour:

Group 2: US (California)
We have 6 reviewers application from California, and one of the applicants has bought the i5 before the tour is started. I have send the Tour unit to hakushondaimao in advance, assuming we'll have a Canada group in the i5 tour. I was wrong, so hakushondaimao need to send his tour unit to California now.

Since a new i5 firmware will be available in next few days, I shall defer the tour schedule to take advantages of the new firmware. The Tour unit will send out on 3rd November instead of 28th October.

Unless otherwise agreed, at the end of the tour, Group 1 to 5 will send the tour unit to our US authorized dealer MusicTeck in New Jersey. Group 6 to 8 will send the tour unit back to Hong Kong at our expenses.

Hi Andy,

Since you have sent the unit to hakushondaimao, which mean the unit has no new firmware.
Can it be updated while we have it, or just review it as is.

Thanks,

Oct 27, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #153 of 256
Hello Andy, thanks for the opportunity, but I am actually caught up for the next couple months, hence I won't be able to join this tour. Please kindly forward my selected position to the next Us East head-fi member. Appreciate and apologize.

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #155 of 256
Oct 27, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #157 of 256
Oct 27, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #158 of 256
Wooo-Hooo, I'm on the tour !
bigsmile_face.gif

I confirm and agree to T's+C's

How many units are being sent out please?

I calculate that if it's a single unit, it'll be around a year until my slot comes round (given that I'm in the middle of group 7).
But I'm assuming more than one unit is touring?

Whatever, I'm delighted to get the chance to hear the i5, thanks @Andykong
and @Takeanidea

One Tour sample for each group, so we'll be sending out 8 tour sample for the world tour, the biggest tour we have so far.

The sequence of reviewer in UK sub-tour will be rearranged by Takeanidea, he is still working on the reviewer list right now, give him some time, I am sure the final arrangement will make everyone happy. :D

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 27, 2016 at 10:54 PM Post #159 of 256
Hi Andy,

Since you have sent the unit to hakushondaimao, which mean the unit has no new firmware.
Can it be updated while we have it, or just review it as is.

Thanks,

Heart of America in the heart of the tour! We rock!:thumbsup:

In fact, all US tour group will need to upgarde the firmware because I am using the CanJam demo units for the tour, so the first reviewer of these group will have to upgrade the tour unit to the lastest firmware. I do expect one more firmware update to happen in the latter part of the tour, and I'll keep track of the tour unit and keep the reviewers informed.

Andrew from MusicTeck will help me to dispatch and collect the tour samples, without his help, there is no way I can pull off such a large scale of tour for US users. We'll be sending out the required accessories to repackage the show demo into a tour unit to Andrew early next week, and he'll send out the tour units immediate after he received them. At the end of the tour, the last reviewer in the group can send the tour sample back to MusicTeck and we'll be using them for the CanJam New York again.

Oct 27, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #160 of 256
In fact, all US tour group will need to upgarde the firmware because I am using the CanJam demo units for the tour, so the first reviewer of these group will have to upgrade the tour unit to the lastest firmware. I do expect one more firmware update to happen in the latter part of the tour, and I'll keep track of the tour unit and keep the reviewers informed.

Andrew from MusicTeck will help me to dispatch and collect the tour samples, without his help, there is no way I can pull off such a large scale of tour for US users. We'll be sending out the required accessories to repackage the show demo into a tour unit to Andrew early next week, and he'll send out the tour units immediate after he received them. At the end of the tour, the last reviewer in the group can send the tour sample back to MusicTeck and we'll be using them for the CanJam New York again.

Do we send address to you or send to the person before me in the list.

Oct 27, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #161 of 256
Hello Andy, thanks for the opportunity, but I am actually caught up for the next couple months, hence I won't be able to join this tour. Please kindly forward my selected position to the next Us East head-fi member. Appreciate and apologize.

Its a pity we lost an experienced reviewer in the tour, will edit the tour post to remove you from the list as requested.

If you happen to have free time again while the tour is still on-going, please feel free to drop me a PM and I'll re-instate your reviewer arrangement whenever possible, otherwise I am looking forward to work with you again in subsequent Cayin product tour. :beerchug:

Oct 27, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #163 of 256
Congratulations to all , it's becoming a nice little family this bunch of dedicated guys we see on tour after tour. @Andykong especially thank you for believing in me and for listening to me . People like you will keep this hobby fresh and help to make the world an easier place to deal with.
Now let's make this a tour to remember!
Trev

As I mentioned previously, if there is room to do that, I sure will try, but I can't commit before I find the right time and opportunity, I have to maintain certain level of consistency in order to handle such a large scale of tour arrangement.

Now I entrusted the UK sub-tour to you, I sincerely hope the added flexibility will make everyone happy and the new arrangement will generate reviews, impression and discussion to tell everyone (i.e., not only Cayin, hopefully) that its something worth doing. :beerchug:

Oct 28, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #164 of 256
Very detailed, appteciate the effort out forth. And also, thanks again for including me.

Very nice tour groups, Andy. I see a lot of my headfi friends!

Thank you guys (Andy and Trev) for including me in this tour 
(official mode on) I would like to confirm and to agree to T and C. (official mode off) ​:D  

Looking forward to it!

I'm excited to get my ears on it, thanks for the selection!

Thanks Andy for the opportunity!

Andy

Looking forward to it.

Thanks for including me :)

I'll create group PM early next week to kick start the tour follow up officially, please relax and wait for my update. Cayin will have several "interesting" announcement in next few days and I'll be occupied for 2-3 days, sorry for unable to response to each reviewer individually, your participation are sincerely appreciated.

I shall quote the line from Takeanidea, let's make this a tour to remember! Thanks you everyone, please stay tuned. :beerchug:

Oct 28, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #165 of 256
I am looking forward to the tour and thanks for including me. If i really like the player, i might have to contact you and see if we can work out something Andy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back