[Reviewers Wanted] World Tour for Cayin i5 - Android based AK4490 DAP with WiFi, Dropbox and Google Play
Oct 16, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #106 of 256
I'd really like to join in on this, as I need a new DAP to replace my aging (yet venerable) Galaxy S Voodoo / E11 combo. 

Username: Voxata
Past reviews: http://www.head-fi.org/products/burson-audio-conductor-air/reviews/16546
http://www.head-fi.org/products/burson-audio-supreme-sound-opamp-v5/reviews/15972
Equipment to be used: HE-400i, HD650, DT770

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #107 of 256
  I've PM'd Andy suggestions for a combined Australian and NZ format - however if he wanted to split NZ and Australia, then Luke (H20fidelity) would be an excellent choice. Just waiting to hear back and will advise in due course.

I've replied to Andy regarding the tour.

I feel a combined NZ/AUS leg is also the best idea. (just need to courier it from NZ to AUS due to battery regulations)

Oct 16, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #108 of 256
Hi,

i'd like to join as well.

My past reviews are here
http://www.head-fi.org/users/441210/reviews
And I am reviewing Soundaware M1 PRO as part of the official review tour, and will write the review as soon as I am done with evaluation.

I am based on Czech Republic, Brno.

I also own FiiO X7 so this is a great opportunity to compare two Android based DAPs for me, as I have some reservations about my FiiO, and would love to see how the competitor is dealing with Android based implementation.

Headphones: fostex t50, beyer t5p, shure 535, stax sr 303, ve monk plus, fidue a71..

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #109 of 256
Congratulations @Andykong  
smily_headphones1.gif
 You've hit the front page ! 

Oct 16, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #110 of 256
Now I feel I must get myself in some deep water.....

The i5 Worldwide Tour , exciting as it is to many of us , and as enticing a prospect it is for many headfiers here , is in danger of alienating some (at least me). 
The sticking point for me is the costs which will be the responsibility of each and every headfier who takes part. I can understand having to bear the cost of mailing the parcel within your own Country as this is the norm. Even this is something I would like to see changed and thankfully there are some forward thinking people out there -  @Tony-Hifi , @Gracesheng , @LucasCL
These people have gone out of their way to ensure that their products are given the best possible start in an increasingly competitive market by ensuring that no expense whatsoever is incurred by the individual. @Tony-Hifi is now reimbursing , via Paypal , the cost of delivery to the next reviewer. He has extended the review period to 10 days to acknowledge that many of us work full time and have very stressful weeks and do not need the added pressure of sacrificing our weekends with our families simply to get a couple of hours listening time in before we have to move the product on. What this also does , is to ensure speedy onward delivery to the next person , because as we are not paying for it , the product naturally will be sent Special Delivery by 1pm the next working day.
No cost and much less stress. All for the sake of £10 and 3 extra days.
I am still applying to take part in Tours that don't have such favourable terms and conditions  because I can afford the cost of sending on the product. I don't want to seem a cheapskate and I want to be a part of this Community. 
@Andykong what you are asking is for us in the majority to have the Cayin i5 for 7 days , to ask all their friends in headfi to get onboard the Tour and apply here for the chance to do this and then , when the Dap has to go across the water , we also have to pass the hat around and , at our own expense , we have to foot the bill for that. The cost for shipping is likely to be $50...... You probably already know that trying to pool together money from your own friends for something like this is likely to create bad feeling and is a headache for the person responsible for collecting the money. I know , in days gone by I would just put up the money myself . Now I would like to come up with another proposal. 
My proposal is that Cayin put up the money themselves for any International Shipping , in return for a photo of the receipt which they can put through their expenses on their tax returns as a necessary cost of marketing their new product. 
Alternatively , Cayin could allow distributors on each Continent a loaner model of the i5 and leave it to them to have the product returned back to them and they can foot the bill with the heavily reduced rates they get for international mailing.
We live in a very competitive World now , especially in the Audio Market and there are some fantastic Daps out there. I have recently tried the Audio Opus 1 for 10 days  on a review tour. It didn't cost me a penny , only my precious time, and that I gave with pleasure. 
It doesn't take much imagination to see the boost you will give the Cayin i5 with this Worldwide Tour Andy, and I can see from the introduction here how much time effort and money has already been spent making this DAP look so good. This will be all very cost effective promotion for your Company and will undoubtedly get some rave reviews. 
@Andykong ,what I am asking is for you to consider the goodwill you can generate from being seen to be looking after the kind folks on here who put a lot of love and effort into their hobby and help to spread the word about exciting new products such as yours. Your terms and conditions are the current standard practice for headfi. Do you really want to be standard or would you like to rise above?

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #111 of 256
I can't help but agree. International shipping costs are an absurd burden to put on the reviewers.

Considering the marketing budget for a new product launch, it seems like the reviews ought to figure into that somehow.

Oct 16, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #112 of 256
Now I feel I must get myself in some deep water.....

The i5 Worldwide Tour , exciting as it is to many of us , and as enticing a prospect it is for many headfiers here , is in danger of alienating some (at least me). 
The sticking point for me is the costs which will be the responsibility of each and every headfier who takes part. I can understand having to bear the cost of mailing the parcel within your own Country as this is the norm. Even this is something I would like to see changed and thankfully there are some forward thinking people out there -  @Tony-Hifi
 , @Gracesheng
 , @LucasCL

These people have gone out of their way to ensure that their products are given the best possible start in an increasingly competitive market by ensuring that no expense whatsoever is incurred by the individual. @Tony-Hifi
 is now reimbursing , via Paypal , the cost of delivery to the next reviewer. He has extended the review period to 10 days to acknowledge that many of us work full time and have very stressful weeks and do not need the added pressure of sacrificing our weekends with our families simply to get a couple of hours listening time in before we have to move the product on. What this also does , is to ensure speedy onward delivery to the next person , because as we are not paying for it , the product naturally will be sent Special Delivery by 1pm the next working day.
No cost and much less stress. All for the sake of £10 and 3 extra days.
I am still applying to take part in Tours that don't have such favourable terms and conditions  because I can afford the cost of sending on the product. I don't want to seem a cheapskate and I want to be a part of this Community. 
@Andykong
 what you are asking is for us in the majority to have the Cayin i5 for 7 days , to ask all their friends in headfi to get onboard the Tour and apply here for the chance to do this and then , when the Dap has to go across the water , we also have to pass the hat around and , at our own expense , we have to foot the bill for that. The cost for shipping is likely to be $50...... You probably already know that trying to pool together money from your own friends for something like this is likely to create bad feeling and is a headache for the person responsible for collecting the money. I know , in days gone by I would just put up the money myself . Now I would like to come up with another proposal. 
My proposal is that Cayin put up the money themselves for any International Shipping , in return for a photo of the receipt which they can put through their expenses on their tax returns as a necessary cost of marketing their new product. 
Alternatively , Cayin could allow distributors on each Continent a loaner model of the i5 and leave it to them to have the product returned back to them and they can foot the bill with the heavily reduced rates they get for international mailing.
We live in a very competitive World now , especially in the Audio Market and there are some fantastic Daps out there. I have recently tried the Audio Opus 1 for 10 days  on a review tour. It didn't cost me a penny , only my precious time, and that I gave with pleasure. 
It doesn't take much imagination to see the boost you will give the Cayin i5 with this Worldwide Tour Andy, and I can see from the introduction here how much time effort and money has already been spent making this DAP look so good. This will be all very cost effective promotion for your Company and will undoubtedly get some rave reviews. 
@Andykong
 ,what I am asking is for you to consider the goodwill you can generate from being seen to be looking after the kind folks on here who put a lot of love and effort into their hobby and help to spread the word about exciting new products such as yours. Your terms and conditions are the current standard practice for headfi. Do you really want to be standard or would you like to rise above?

Sorry, the terms is set, I cannot afford to reset the major terms as requested. There are limitation I have to work out. Maybe with the positive result of this tour, I can convince the company to invest more resource to the tour, including sending more machines (allow longer tour time) and covering international shipping cost after certain number of reviewers are safeguarded, but for the current tour, I have to operate within certain budget and constraint. We just have to work one step at a time when we venture into new methods.

On the other hand, if there is enough tour reviewer signing up in one location (I have mentioned 5 reviewers in previous communication), then Cayin can treat the location as an independent tour group and send a tour sample to the location. Under this arrangement, the reviewer of this tour group will not bear any international shipping cost, and they can have more flexibility to schedule the tour among themselves.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 16, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #113 of 256
I can’t do international shipping (currently strapped for cash), but i’ll be interested in hearing the i5 and provide insight on it if it happens to end up in the NYC area and I can pass it along to someone else locally. 

Current inventory: 

Headphones: Audio Technica ath-r70x (very hard to drive), Meze Classic 99 silver (very easy to drive), Fidelio L1, ath-esw9a, ath-es700, ath-m50 (original), vmoda m80, 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ears

dap: iBasso dx80 (v 1.1.4 (best version))

amp: Magni 2 Uber (powerful, but don’t really need it because the dx80 is powerful, too.), JDS Labs cMoyBB v2.03 (since when I used an iPod)

Username: Lost Cosmonaut 
location: West New York, New Jersey, USA. (conveniently next to NYC) 

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #114 of 256
I can’t do international shipping (currently strapped for cash), but i’ll be interested in hearing the i5 and provide insight on it if it happens to end up in the NYC area and I can pass along to someone else locally. 

Current inventory: 

Headphones: Audio Technica ath-r70x (very hard to drive), Meze Classic 99 silver (very easy to drive), Fidelio L1, ath-esw9a, ath-es700, ath-m50 (original), vmoda m80, 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ears

dap: iBasso dx80 (v 1.1.4 (best version))

amp: Magni 2 Uber (powerful, but don’t really need it because the dx80 is powerful, too.), JDS Labs cMoyBB v2.03 (since when I used an iPod)

Current location: West New York, New Jersey, USA. (conveniently next to NYC) 

Welcome on board.

As I stated previously, any location with 5 or more tour participant will be organized in tour group and Cayin will cover the shipping to and from this group, so no international shipping will be involved. We have a lot of reviewers signed up for the tour, so this should not be a problem.

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #115 of 256
Thanks! 

I'll try to get a bigger team of Romanians on board! 

We're quite a few friendly happy people in Romania who would love to test a new product :beerchug:

Looking forwards to your good news. :beerchug:

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #116 of 256
I'd really like to join in on this, as I need a new DAP to replace my aging (yet venerable) Galaxy S Voodoo / E11 combo. 

Username: Voxata

Past reviews: http://www.head-fi.org/products/burson-audio-conductor-air/reviews/16546
http://www.head-fi.org/products/burson-audio-supreme-sound-opamp-v5/reviews/15972

Equipment to be used: HE-400i, HD650, DT770

Thanks for signing up the tour.

Another Colorado HeadFier, did you check out the CanJam RMAF last week?

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #117 of 256
Hi,

i'd like to join as well.

My past reviews are here
http://www.head-fi.org/users/441210/reviews
And I am reviewing Soundaware M1 PRO as part of the official review tour, and will write the review as soon as I am done with evaluation.

I am based on Czech Republic, Brno.

I also own FiiO X7 so this is a great opportunity to compare two Android based DAPs for me, as I have some reservations about my FiiO, and would love to see how the competitor is dealing with Android based implementation.

Headphones: fostex t50, beyer t5p, shure 535, stax sr 303, ve monk plus, fidue a71..

A HeadFier from Czech Republic, very interesting, this is the first time ever we (Cayin) get in touch with Cezch user in person. I sure hope we can get this sorted out and spread the good world for i5 to a brand new location. :beerchug:

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #118 of 256
I've replied to Andy regarding the tour.

I feel a combined NZ/AUS leg is also the best idea. (just need to courier it from NZ to AUS due to battery regulations)

Thank you very much for come back to me promptly, it a real joy to chat with a senior HeadFier, your suggestion is informative and helpful, and I am glad that you'll join the us as a Tour Reviewer, you have reviewed N5 and N6 already, so we are looking forward to your impression of the i5 DAP. :beerchug:

Oct 16, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #119 of 256
I want to thank Brooko sincerely for his kind support to the tour, he will serve as the Group leader for the Australia/New Zealand i5 Tour, and will have complete flexibility to arrange the tour schedule as he see fit. For those who are interested in the i5 tour, you can contact Brooko directly, or sign up in this thread as-is, I'll forward your information to Brooko as well. He is occupied in next two days, so please be patient when you try to contact him.

This is the best news before I take off from US. :p

Oct 16, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #120 of 256
A HeadFier from Czech Republic, very interesting, this is the first time ever we (Cayin) get in touch with Cezch user in person. I sure hope we can get this sorted out and spread the good world for i5 to a brand new location.
beerchug.gif

don't be afraid, there are plenty of audio geeks and headfiers in Czech :) Though I am from Slovakia and I only live in Czech :)

Anyway, if possible please arange for me to ship the player within the European Union. It's already expensive to ship outside of Czech, and it's extremely expensive to ship outside of EU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back