[Reviewers Wanted] Cayin N5ii DAP - Android based, 64Bit/384kHz, DSD256, WiFi, Play, Streaming
May 10, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #76 of 88
I felt the same as well while using the sharp roll-off filter

switch over to the slow roll off filter for a bit more natural sound an a likely a better pairing
Are you able to change the filter in USB-DAC mode? I was thinking perhaps this response is due to output impedance, but I just read the N5ii is < .4ohms output impedance, so it's not the issue of impedance interaction for what I'm hearing.

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #77 of 88
I don't know if it's the usb-connection partially at fault, but I hear crackling while using as USB-DAC with certain tracks. I don't hear this with any other players from my computer. I recall way back when I used to have the AK100ii, it would crackle as well(and it would have video audio sync issues as well) via usb-connection during USB-DAC mode. Is the usb-DAC driver not totally stable yet?

Anyway, with my Fostex TH-X00, which is capable of outputting subs like a woofer, I'm not getting much of that and the low end punch much. The response with this headphones is lifted upper-end of the upper-mids to 6k with reduction in a bass. It's bright.

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #78 of 88
I don't know if it's the usb-connection partially at fault, but I hear crackling while using as USB-DAC with certain tracks. I don't hear this with any other players from my computer. I recall way back when I used to have the AK100ii, it would crackle as well(and it would have video audio sync issues as well) via usb-connection during USB-DAC mode. Is the usb-DAC driver not totally stable yet?

Anyway, with my Fostex TH-X00, which is capable of outputting subs like a woofer, I'm not getting much of that and the low end punch much. The response with this headphones is lifted upper-end of the upper-mids to 6k with reduction in a bass. It's bright.

Yeah, there was audible crackling when I used it as a USB DAC with Windows PCs, and it seemed to be worse when using the balanced output.

May 13, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #79 of 88
Ok, so I've been trying it out without as a stand-alone player, and sounds nice and clear. I think I just has some issue using as USB-DAC, but as stand-alone, it performs pretty well. The characteristic of their player is it's ability to provide clarity to the sound, and I think for the price, it's a solid sounding player.

I think I found a good match headphone for this DAP. The HD660S. I find Cayin to have a pretty damped response you'd expect from solid-state, and work great with it's speed(and therefore it's clarity in sound) work well with the HD660S. There is slightly more articulation in the treble than my desktop rig(which seems a bit smoother, but some may prefer this slightly more articulation).

I've also tried it out with my TH-X00, and I've realized the DAP is very quick in speed of driving the drivers. The bass is pretty tight, and the result is the high clarity in the sound. Very solid for a DAP performance. It's probably not the HD660S is a good match, but the DAP drives the headphones quick, and therefore raises clarity level.

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #82 of 88
@Andykong, I am last in group 2. My time is nearing an end (within a couple of days). What might you like me to do with the n5ii in my possession? Keep it? Lol...

Cheers.

May 18, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #83 of 88
They could always pick a number between 1 and the number of tour participants :)

May 19, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #84 of 88
If any tour reviewer is interested to buy the tour unit from us after end if tour, please PM me, otherwise I'll pay for the return mailing to send the unit back to us.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 30, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #85 of 88
818C4961-61A5-45DB-8EC4-F53A2EC684B5.jpeg
FE48B38E-2DAA-40BA-AF0D-B01A436C208F.jpeg
Futbol goalkeeping practice...I’m good to go...

Jun 8, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #86 of 88
My video review is live. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers!

Jan 17, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #87 of 88
Cayin's Chinese New Year Holiday Announcement

The Chinese New Year is around the corner, all teams in Cayin will be having their yearly holiday starting from this Sunday.

Holiday period: 19/01/2020 to 02/02/2020

Everything will be back to normal operation on February 3rd.

During this period, you can still contact us by DM on Facebook or tag @CayinSupport in your post.

All members of Cayin wish everyone an amazing Year of the Rat.

Cayin-CNY326.jpg

Feb 3, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #88 of 88
Dear customers,

According to the government's latest notice, due to the Coronavirus outbreak in the nation, the Chinese New Year holiday has been extended for a week, to Sunday, February 9th. All team members will be back in the office on February 10th.

However, you can still contact us on our Facebook page if you have any enquiry about our products or customer service.

We wish everyone a healthy and happy 2020.

Cayin's Chinese New Year Holiday Announcement

The Chinese New Year is around the corner, all teams in Cayin will be having their yearly holiday starting from this Sunday.

Holiday period: 19/01/2020 to 02/02/2020

Everything will be back to normal operation on February 3rd.

During this period, you can still contact us by DM on Facebook or tag @CayinSupport in your post.

All members of Cayin wish everyone an amazing Year of the Rat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back