[Reviewers Wanted] Cayin N5ii DAP - Android based, 64Bit/384kHz, DSD256, WiFi, Play, Streaming
Mar 6, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #46 of 88
Awesome! Can't wait to read the outcome of this shootout.

I will also have those minus the Cowon, and can throw in the M5/M1, from Shanling. Looking forward to the Cayin, as I’ve had good luck with their previous tour models.

Mar 7, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #47 of 88
Sorry, I have a bad news to announce.

We run out of stock on N5ii, I didn't aware of that until I apply for tour sample and then I was told that the N5ii has been out of stock for almost a week already. We are running after the supply chain to get components deliver to us ASAP. The tentative schedule is to have N5ii instock again by around 10 days from now. I'll try my best to look for alternatives and will keep the group informed.

Once again, sorry for all the inconvenient caused. :pray::pray:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 7, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #48 of 88

We run out of stock on N5ii, I didn't aware of that until I apply for tour sample and then I was told that the N5ii has been out of stock for almost a week already. We are running after the supply chain to get components deliver to us ASAP. The tentative schedule is to have N5ii instock again by around 10 days from now. I'll try my best to look for alternatives and will keep the group informed.

Sure, it may take a little more time before I get to demo and review the unit, but hey, it's great that it's selling so well.

Mar 12, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #49 of 88

Sucks to be popular I guess. Sounds like a good problem to have when you cant make them fast enough to keep up with sales.

Mar 12, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #50 of 88

I mean, that indicates that it is wanted and liked by many people :)

This alone is a statement to why it is a nice DAP :)

Hope you can get stocks back so you can satisfy all those music lovers looking for this little DAP

Apr 3, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #51 of 88
DHL came by the house last night with a box from Cayin that contained the N5ii and a leather case for it. I am on the clock and listening today. I am impressed so far, very clean design and sound it what I would expect from a product at this level. I'll try and post a few pics tonight or tomorrow as time permits.

Apr 3, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #52 of 88
The Eagle landed right after lunchtime.
N5ii 1.jpeg

Apr 4, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #54 of 88
@Wiljen , @jeffhawke
Did you guys incur any custom duty while receiving the package?

Not so far, I have on occasion gotten a notice from UPS or DHL that I owe them something for a package I already received so I guess it could happen but so far I have not seen anything. Usually they ship with it marked as gift which avoids the duties in most cases.

Apr 4, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #56 of 88
@Wiljen , @jeffhawke
Did you guys incur any custom duty while receiving the package?
Yup, 23.46 EUR VAT +13.50 handling by DHL, total 39.93. This covers the whole European tour. The N5ii sounds so sweet though, makes me forget about it :ksc75smile:

Apr 4, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #57 of 88
The Cayin N5ii, Opus #1s, and Shanling M3s are all on my desk at the moment. An embarrassment of riches to be sure.

Apr 17, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #58 of 88
My review is up: HERE

and I will be sending the unit on to Scott and forwarding the tracking shortly.

Apr 18, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #59 of 88
Apr 21, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #60 of 88
My review is up: HERE

and I will be sending the unit on to Scott and forwarding the tracking shortly.

Very detail review, especially the DAP comparison session, quite unusual to have such an extensive DAP line up in a tour review, I am glad that N5ii is lucky enough to be there at the right time. :beerchug:

Unit has been shipped, Tracking sent to @CayinSupport and @heliosphann

A very good practice to keep the group informed. Thank you very much.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back