Review: ZMF Modified Fostex T50RP. Superb!
Mar 4, 2014 at 10:27 PM Post #527 of 812
Do any of you who have ZMFs or Mad Dogs have any experience with the Audio-Gd NFB 11.32 or the Centrance Hifi M8? I have the Audio-Gd on the way. I also ordered a Portaphile 627 Micro and am considering pairing that With a Dragonfly 1.2 or an ODAC. If any of you can give me an idea which combination would work the best with the ZMFs and with JH audio or Heir Audio IEMs, I would really appreciate it. I would prefer to have a great transportable combination but wanted to see how the desktop Audio-Gd worked. If they are similar, I will sell the Audio-Gd. Thank you.

Mar 4, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #528 of 812
GrizzlyBeast, What wiring did you choose in the V1 an V2?
Thanks, Brooks

for v1 i didn't have the wiring as it wasn't an option when I bought them. 

for v2 i got the alo cryo silver but am probably gonna get the copper as well and see which one I like better and sell the other off or something.

Do any of you who have ZMFs or Mad Dogs have any experience with the Audio-Gd NFB 11.32 or the Centrance Hifi M8? I have the Audio-Gd on the way. I also ordered a Portaphile 627 Micro and am considering pairing that With a Dragonfly 1.2 or an ODAC. If any of you can give me an idea which combination would work the best with the ZMFs and with JH audio or Heir Audio IEMs, I would really appreciate it. I would prefer to have a great transportable combination but wanted to see how the desktop Audio-Gd worked. If they are similar, I will sell the Audio-Gd. Thank you.

that is a pretty tangled question there brook. But to be honest the 11.32 would make a superb match with the ZMF.

Mar 5, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #529 of 812
Yes, I just re-read that post and it was quite disjointed. That is the result of adding a couple of words at each stop light while I did errands.

I found a review that eliminates the Hifi-M8. I am looking forward to hearing the Audio-Gd. I too am considering the V2 with cryoed ALO silver or the VI with cryoed ALO copper. After you have listened for a while, I am interested to read what you think of each version.

The Portaphile has very,very good reviews. I am anxious to hear that too. I chose the new Micro version because it uses the Muses01 op amps and being 20% off right now the Portaphile 627x costs 50% more. The sale is lasting until the first 30 units are sold in case anyone else is interested. Cesar said there is one more left at the sale price.

I

Mar 6, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #530 of 812
The waiting continues...
biggrin.gif

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #536 of 812
Hi,
I ve just got the V2 with copper wiring. It was initially quite bassy not only to me but also for Zack. For some reasons, after few days either my ears got used to it or the headphone characteristics changed ( I also think that I was listening too loud..). Anyway now I really like it. I initially hesitated to combine the V2 and copper but I don't regret it. I feel that I have the among of bass i needed and it suits very well the king of music I listen (rock, metal).
Regarding amplifier, I was amazed to discover that my iphone can drive them (not to loud but enough to be confortable in a noisy environnement like a airport). Of course, it gets better with a dedicated amp and my cheap magni works great with it. I did a side comparaison with a Lyr and there was not a huge different. Magni sounded brighter than the Lyr but it was expected

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #537 of 812
  Hi,
I ve just got the V2 with copper wiring. It was initially quite bassy not only to me but also for Zack. For some reasons, after few days either my ears got used to it or the headphone characteristics changed ( I also think that I was listening too loud..). Anyway now I really like it. I initially hesitated to combine the V2 and copper but I don't regret it. I feel that I have the among of bass i needed and it suits very well the king of music I listen (rock, metal).
Regarding amplifier, I was amazed to discover that my iphone can drive them (not to loud but enough to be confortable in a noisy environnement like a airport). Of course, it gets better with a dedicated amp and my cheap magni works great with it. I did a side comparaison with a Lyr and there was not a huge different. Magni sounded brighter than the Lyr but it was expected

I am glad you like it. I have got to hear this copper and v.2 combo!!!

Zack knows what he is doing and the options he has are really dope!!

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #538 of 812
  Hi,

I hear a significant difference between the Lyr (with good tubes) and the Magni, but eh....what do I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back