Review: ZERO 24 BIT/192KHz DAC/Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp
Sep 23, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #6,766 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A good combo would be this......SC-> Zero with 627s in DAC section, HD 555.

Just a suggestion. JamesL is correct , once you take the digital signal from the SC your bypassing it's analog section (where the 627's would function for the L/R analog outs from the SC). But those same opamps could be used for the Zero....in fact the Head Fi deal would preclude you from having to source these parts at all, and pay extra for the BB chips since they come standard from a couple of vendors as a bonus upgrade of sorts that are selling the Zero right now. LC 's head fi member's deal includes the LT1364's in the H/Amp section along with the previously mentioned 627's. I think that deal now includes an option for the Alps pot ? It's been a while since I've asked LC what's what WRT to the members deal so the last bit about the Alps pot could be wrong.

Just an FYI for your consideration.

Peete.

So that way i can also have EAX 5.0 as well........im ef gonna look at this

Sep 23, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #6,767 of 9,388
I think EAX trough spdif is only possible with Creative’s own X-fi's solutions, Auzen for some reason is not allowing this.

Sep 23, 2008 at 8:05 PM Post #6,769 of 9,388
Quote:

A good combo would be this......SC-> Zero with 627s in DAC section, HD 555.

Just a suggestion. JamesL is correct , once you take the digital signal from the SC your bypassing it's analog section (where the 627's would function for the L/R analog outs from the SC). But those same opamps could be used for the Zero....in fact the Head Fi deal would preclude you from having to source these parts at all, and pay extra for the BB chips since they come standard from a couple of vendors as a bonus upgrade of sorts that are selling the Zero right now. LC 's head fi member's deal includes the LT1364's in the H/Amp section along with the previously mentioned 627's. I think that deal now includes an option for the Alps pot ? It's been a while since I've asked LC what's what WRT to the members deal so the last bit about the Alps pot could be wrong.

Just an FYI for your consideration.

Peete.

what do you mean by "deals through LC"?

Sep 23, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #6,770 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Shaddix,

If this is happening with the ALPS upgrade pot (I think you have one, short memory here), then I would recommend cleaning out the pot with Deoxit 5 or Gold. This may help by several notches.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah I got lawrence to install alps for me. That sounds intimidating lol. I will look into it once the novelty wears off, I would feel awful breaking the thing so soon after getting it XD

thank you for the suggestion

Sep 23, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #6,771 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizdan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what do you mean by "deals through LC"?

LC = Lawrence Chan. eBay username "biglahwk", see the link in my signature.

~Phewl.

Sep 24, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #6,772 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sganzerla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now I need to know if one could cut these ones here:

can anyone answer this? what would happen if one were to snip these..

Sep 24, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #6,773 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by viscosity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can anyone answer this? what would happen if one were to snip these..

Don't cut those....is my advice. I can't tell you why other than it doesn't look like its in the audio path and may be necessary for stability of the (for example) clock can ....someone more learned than I can hopefully point the use for those.

Peete.

Sep 24, 2008 at 5:26 AM Post #6,774 of 9,388
Got a question..I have had the Zero for a while..I am using a coaxial from the computer, can I hook up a toslink from my TV, will the Zero allow me to have both..I know I can't play at the same time but to switch between them.

Thanks

Sep 24, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #6,775 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by sdgserv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got a question..I have had the Zero for a while..I am using a coaxial from the computer, can I hook up a toslink from my TV, will the Zero allow me to have both..I know I can't play at the same time but to switch between them.

Thanks

I would assume yes.. but give it a try as I have not done it myself

Sep 24, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #6,776 of 9,388
Quote:

Don't cut those....is my advice. I can't tell you why other than it doesn't look like its in the audio path and may be necessary for stability of the (for example) clock can ....someone more learned than I can hopefully point the use for those.

Peete.

Hiya PP, yeah I agree completely, definitely do not cut those! Replace 'em with better polystyrenes if you want, but I have learned that lesson before -indiscriminate snipping is not good!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 24, 2008 at 6:10 AM Post #6,777 of 9,388
Quote:

Originally Posted by sdgserv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks

Absolutely you can have both and switch between them, I have done many times.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 24, 2008 at 10:15 AM Post #6,779 of 9,388
Well, I don't know what to say:

I've spent the last several days catching up from page ~370 (where I last posted) to page 575 (with another ~130 pages left to go). Dayem! You guys have been busy! And I'm envious!

Looks like another day or three for me to get current, and then it seems there's no way I'm going to be happy leaving my ZERO stock anymore.

Good work, gentlemen.

Carry on.

beerchug.gif

Sep 24, 2008 at 10:53 AM Post #6,780 of 9,388
If this thread reaches 1000 pages I would then be forced to get one of these!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back