REVIEW: Yulong D100 MKII DAC - an update to an already excellent device
May 9, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #124 of 223
Yeah it's really weird that I couldn't really find anything about the output impedance. I assume that the low output is the one with high impedance for IEM and the High output is the opposite. Someone corrects me if I'm wrong.

May 9, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #125 of 223
From the specs:

"Headphone output power: 130mW at 300Ohm, and 900mW at 32Ohm"

That's all I've been able to find...but hopefully someone has better info!

Yeah it's really weird that I couldn't really find anything about the output impedance. I assume that the low output is the one with high impedance for IEM and the High output is the opposite. Someone corrects me if I'm wrong.

I think:
Headphone output power: 130mW at 300Ohm, and 900mW at 32Ohm
refers to
= current x voltage

Unless someone with measuring hardware gets a hold of one, I don't think we'll find out. The manufacturer specifically listed it as compatible with 16-600 Ohms headphones because they didn't want to divulge the exact numbers for the headphone outs.

It would make sense given those specs that the low headphone out would be under 2ohms, assuming the manufacturer believed in the 8x "rule" and and the recommended a minimum of 16 ohm headphones. But who knows.

For what it's worth, the specs of the opamp used list an output impedence well below 1 ohm, what they did from there I don't know.

@IA64
I was under the impression that the low jack was to be used with low impedance high sensitivity headphones and the high with high impedance headphones, but you can try both to see which sound you like better according to Yulong Audio.

May 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #126 of 223
Just bought this recently from another headfier and I'm quite happy I did.
A good replacement to my o2/odac which i enjoyed.
The d100mk2 doesn't have as good a resolution as the o combo when paired with my hd800 but has a much better soundstage (the o2 soundstage has alwys been poor)

Now, just a question, would this be able to power a hifiman he6?

May 19, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #128 of 223
^ Nice. I 've been wondering how Objective devices compare to D100. Care to elaborate a bit more? D100 DAC vs ODAC?

May 19, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #129 of 223
I think he was referencing DAC/AMP to DAC/AMP as opposed to just the DAC sections alone.

By the way, thanks project86 for the expansive reviews and comparisons that helped me decide on this unit. Shame it's not more popular around here.

May 19, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #130 of 223
Quote:
I think he was referencing DAC/AMP to DAC/AMP as opposed to just the DAC sections alone.

By the way, thanks project86 for the expansive reviews and comparisons that helped me decide on this unit. Shame it's not more popular around here.

You're welcome! I do think the D100 was rather popular, and now that it updated to MkII there is less discussion about it, but still a good amount of users. The original D100 thread seemed to encompass discussion for both units, which explains this thread being a little slow. 

May 19, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #131 of 223
I also think the D100 (as well as MKII) is quite popular around here, just like the D18.

I'd also like to point how great the amp section of the D100 MKII is. It may not have the same output power as my A18 or my previous V200, but it drives my LCD-2 well enough. To my ears, with soundmode 2 vs the A18 through SE, it's not too far off. The A18 has slightly better bass control and is a little more spacious. And although it has about 1.5W @ 50ohms, the D100 has slightly higher gain, so volume on both are almost equally loud (unless you go balanced). I've replaced many things before, A18 will also be replaced by a tube amp soon, but the D100 MKII will stay a while longer. I'm not even sure I need to upgrade to a D18 as it already hits the right notes with me.

May 20, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #132 of 223
Not really, no. It would make sound but wouldn't be worth it. HE-400 would make far more sense and might even sound better in this scenario. 

I hate the HE400.
I know the d100mk2 wouldn't do it justice but am wondering if it would be sufficient until I can upgrade.
I'm asking because I can get a good deal on an he6.

May 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #133 of 223
Quote:
I hate the HE400.
I know the d100mk2 wouldn't do it justice but am wondering if it would be sufficient until I can upgrade.
I'm asking because I can get a good deal on an he6.

Well, it will definitely make sound come out of the HE-6. Whether or not you will enjoy that sound is the question.... one that I can't answer for you, having never tried that combo. Sorry. 

Jun 12, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #134 of 223
I am agree with you regarding the soundstage statement but personally I do think D100II is way better than Odac/o2 in terms of resolution.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back