Review: Yulong D100 DAC/amp - reference quality with a reasonable price
Aug 20, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #61 of 1,182
Not sure, and it's now at the bottom of a stack of gear...
redface.gif

Aug 23, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #62 of 1,182
great job project, takin it to the next level, excellent.
 i only wish the d100 had analog input:frowning2:  i would get it in a second if it did or i did not need the input..
    still i am Highy interested in an d100 vs hdp  compare,
thank you for providing your knowledge to the community

Aug 25, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #63 of 1,182

Quote:
great job project, takin it to the next level, excellent.
 i only wish the d100 had analog input:frowning2:  i would get it in a second if it did or i did not need the input..
    still i am Highy interested in an d100 vs hdp  compare,
thank you for providing your knowledge to the community

If you want an analogue input, why do you need a DAC? I would just get an awesome amp. Why don't you look into the Matrix M-Stage?

Aug 25, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #64 of 1,182

Quote:
If you want an analogue input, why do you need a DAC? I would just get an awesome amp. Why don't you look into the Matrix M-Stage?

I do wish it had an analog input. That way I could use it with an SACD or DVD-A player, since those don't usually allow a digital output. I don't spin a lot of those discs, but when I do it would be nice not to have to rely on having a seperate amp just for that. It would also make it easier to compare the D100 DAC section to whatever is decoding your incoming signal.

Aug 31, 2010 at 8:30 AM Post #69 of 1,182
Hi,

I'm wondering which could be the better upgrade from my V-Dac:

Yulong D100 or Matrix mini-i???

It would be used primarly as a balanced DAC connect to my Emitter Amp and Tannoy DC10T, but also for connecting my Denon D7000 and my HD600 (perhaps later with Little Dot balanced), everything played from my PC (River media player, wasapi...)

Thanks, 
L3000.gif

Dan

Aug 31, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #72 of 1,182
Well here is a comparison between the Audinst MX1 and the Audio-GD Fun.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/484163/review-audinst-hud-mx1-dac-amp-a-promising-newcomer-compared-to-audio-gd-fun-amb-gamma2

The MX1 is compared to the D100 in this review.

Aug 31, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #73 of 1,182

Quote:
I have the DAC19-DSP and it's a "meatier" sounding dac.  Not as dry sounding, more mellow in the top end.  I couldn't say how the FUN compares however.

Quote:
Well here is a comparison between the Audinst MX1 and the Audio-GD Fun.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/484163/review-audinst-hud-mx1-dac-amp-a-promising-newcomer-compared-to-audio-gd-fun-amb-gamma2

The MX1 is compared to the D100 in this review.

well. just read the review. It seems that the FUN and D100 are both better than the MX1 in both review, so it's hard to tell which one is better between the FUN and the D100. However, the FUN does more function than the D100 (i.e preamp out and line in). Decision, decision, and decision....

Sep 1, 2010 at 9:16 AM Post #75 of 1,182
It won't work with active speakers unless your speakers have volume controls.  Like almost all DACs, the RCA outs are fixed line level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back