Review: Yulong D100 DAC/amp - reference quality with a reasonable price
Jan 15, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #1,171 of 1,182
Weird, I'm stumped. I've heard of some issues with the new Windows updates but I have yet to encounter those myself. I'd email Yulong directly as well as any major distributor you can find (perhaps Grant Fidelity) to see if they can get you an older driver. Either that, or rollback your Windows update if you recall which one caused the problem.

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #1,173 of 1,182
I think it upsamples to 24. I only recall it running 24/96 on my mac. 

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #1,174 of 1,182
What happens to the signal internally should not have any bearing on what types of material the user sends it over USB. It's true that the ASRC chip upconverts sample rates and pads bit depth. But that all happens post USB stage. He should be able to send it whatever signals he wants up to and including 24/96. So there's some issue here.

Do you have access to another computer to try? Maybe have a friend bring over their laptop? I'd like to see what happens when Windows just connects without any specific drivers being loaded. 

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #1,176 of 1,182
Just to update, it seems to be playing 16-bit files fine now. My guess is Foobar was just acting up.

Got another question thought, with the D100 are you able to run the RCA and XLR output simultaneously going to 2 different amps? Also are the voltages the same on the RCA and XLR?

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #1,177 of 1,182
  Got another question thought, with the D100 are you able to run the RCA and XLR output simultaneously going to 2 different amps? Also are the voltages the same on the RCA and XLR?

As far as I know, yes and yes. 

Jul 8, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #1,181 of 1,182
Hi, best to message yulong himself ( emails on his website) and he’ll sort everything out for you. My advice is to upgrade to the ridiculously impressive for the price—D200- I wrote a review on it. It’s a very capable and very musical unit. It blows an obscene amount of DACs out of the water for the same money.

I’m now have the dAArt Aquila which has had a balanced amp too so is superior in many ways but on a budget, a d200 will get you damn close may friend.
Ryan

Dec 19, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #1,182 of 1,182
Resurrecting this thread just to say I picked up a used original D100 to replace my Yulong U100 and I'm quite happy with it so far! It drives my HD 650 and Beyerdynamic T90 quite superbly to my ears, and I have a balanced amp coming in tomorrow to take advantage of the XLR outputs on the back.

I'm not enough of an audiophile to even pretend to know what I'm missing by using this "old" unit and not a newer DAC.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back