REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC
Jun 19, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #1,591 of 1,613
You will be fine
biggrin.gif

I have the Darkvoice 3322 and love it!

Jun 20, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #1,592 of 1,613
Thats nice ti know but the 339 sounds vastly differebt than the 332. Regardless my unit will be arriving tmr and Ill post pics.

Another question, I am upgrading from an Aune X1 Pro,is it a big leap in quality?

Nov 18, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #1,594 of 1,613
Recently I trued to update the firmware of my DA8 following the instructions in the Yulong website.

I erased the flash by shorting the pads as shown in the photo, restart the DA8 and ran the ConfigTool.exe.

I encountered the error message

Looking for device

Please Erase the device

Tried numerous times to erase the flash and rerun the ConfigTool.exe with the same result.

Contacted Yulong service for support and the reply was that the flash was not erased.

I explained that I have followed the instructions to erase the flash several times without success.

I believe the flash has been erased because now I cannot use the USB input. I get the error message (using Foolbar)

Unrecoverable playback error; could not query sample rate

Yulong did not respond to my request for help after several mails.

I do not know what to try next and would appreciate some suggestions how to solve this problem,

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #1,600 of 1,613
Anyone got problems with the unit? I have problems with display, lights itself up many times when not even touching it. Or is it suppose to work this way? Sometimes i also have to re-connect USB once in a while, hopefully its not broken or anything.

Mar 17, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #1,603 of 1,613
I have had a first edition DA8 for a number of years now and I am pretty satisfied with it as a DAC. I am not satisfied with its internal headphone amp, which for me is easily shown up by other things I use around here. [As an aside I use exclusively a range of high impedance phones, which may be challenging to the DA8.]

So I was thinking about tinkering with it a bit. Does anyone out there have a circuit diagram of the DA8 headphone amp? I can't find one by doing Internet searches.

I know there's a lot of surface mount stuff in there but...

Sep 28, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #1,605 of 1,613
Folks : Just wanted to know if someone has figured out how to have DSD256 on a Mac / Audirvana setup with the Yulong DA8 ? Could not find any hint on Yulong's website ... Thanks !
I believe DSD256 playback on a Mac is only possible with DoP, but I may be wrong. Amanero only supports DoP up to DSD128. It only supports native DSD256.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back