REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC
Feb 8, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #1,037 of 1,613
Anyone knows why the Da8 does not work with google chrome ? Theres no sound but interner explorer works

There once was a problem with the chrome audio resampling when you switched inputs (https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/chrome/mELUnO2tcn0) but I thought they fixed it. Maybe not, so check that link for a work around. Also if you are using wasapi while using chrome, and tried to play some sound in chrome which gets blocked by wasapi's exclusive mode, I think chrome loses sound even if you close the wasapi program. You need to restart chrome. If you don't try to play sound in chrome while using wasapi in another program, then chrome works fine after simply closing the wasapi app, which is what I do and have had no problems

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #1,041 of 1,613
The S3X-V? Yes, they are my main hi-fi system: Mac mini -> Yulong DA8 or Mytek 192 DSD -> Bryston preamp -> Adam.
Nice, the sound from S3X-V is just unreal. I honestly didn't think the whole 3 speaker design wouldn't make THAT much of a difference but man do they sing!
I currently have the latest Genelec 8030bpm, absolutely amazing monitors for its size. I literally have the volume pot on the front at 1-3%.

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #1,047 of 1,613
BTW, I decided to keep my Threshold SA/3 power amp (want to know why?), so I am looking for passive speakers. Floor standing, 30m2 well furnished room.

Hello kundo,
I have with my updated Threshold SA/6e, Magnepan 3.7 and JBL Array 1400 and it's great.
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back