REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC
Feb 1, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #1,021 of 1,613
The preamp seems good, conveniently loud listening volume at -24 dB setting, full volume in windows. (Connected directly to my Threshold SA/3 power amp) Yes I am running windows on my mac mini. No OS X installed at all.

Hi,
I have plugged the Yulong DA8 into my Threshold SA/6e but never had any "noise floor", sorry.:frowning2:  
Dead quiet here as well. A lot of times I can't tell if it's on of off.

Feb 2, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #1,022 of 1,613
Noise floor? 
confused.gif

There should be none, any chance you are just experiencing infamous ground loop, it's quite common on PC to audio equipment electrical connections?

Feb 2, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #1,026 of 1,613
  I apologize: it wasn't a question regarding the noise floor 
frown.gif

oh haha i see. i leave mine off as i use usb which should have less jitter than spdif. i haven't encountered any problems though over toslink from my ps3 (though admittedly i haven't used my ps3 much since the arrival of the da8), with jitter elimination off. over usb i hear no difference with it on/off

Feb 3, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #1,029 of 1,613
I have just changed the Filter mode to "Soft". "Sharp" seems to be a little bit harsh on my system, but it may be changed after the burn-in period. What settings are you using? A dumb question, what phase is? What is it for?

Feb 3, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #1,030 of 1,613
  I have just changed the Filter mode to "Soft". "Sharp" seems to be a little bit harsh on my system, but it may be changed after the burn-in period. What settings are you using? A dumb question, what phase is? What is it for?

I use sharp, + phase, jitter elimination off. phase inversion you should leave + unless you have old records that you know are recorded with inverted phase

Feb 3, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #1,031 of 1,613
Feb 7, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #1,033 of 1,613

I use sharp, + phase, jitter elimination off. phase inversion you should leave + unless you have old records that you know are recorded with inverted phase

Switched back Filter mode to "Sharp", seems better. Harshness gone. Clear and detailed sound, but a little bit dry, no lush sometimes, not really involving and warm. Maybe I have to replace my speakers. I have Infinity Kappa 80s.

Feb 7, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #1,034 of 1,613

Switched back Filter mode to "Sharp", seems better. Harshness gone. Clear and detailed sound, but a little bit dry, no lush sometimes, not really involving and warm. Maybe I have to replace my speakers. I have Infinity Kappa 80s.
I like the slow filter more for both headphones as well as speakers.

I recently got a pair of Genelec monitors and absolutely love em using the DA8, the sound is jaw-dropping. My HE-6 has been collecting dust since the Genelecs came :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back