REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC
Jan 9, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #916 of 1,613

We should start the registry of amps used with Yulong DA8. Me first. 
smile.gif

Headamp GS-1 (Dynalo+ modules, same as in new GSX-2), perfect form/factor match as well.

Wow..  nice photo :wink: I just have my stuff stacked on top of each other... I need some kind of rack but I don't think my room is big enough... ;(
btw.. you like the sharp filter better in your setup?

They are sitting side by side now in the office setup. Yes, I am pretty much on Sharp filter exclusively these days, except may be when using overly aggressive in treble phones (TH600, T1).
I found Dell heavy duty monitor stand working great for stacking equipment on the desk w/o taking a lot of space, using it with AURALiC. One day I'll probably find something prettier, so far no luck.
P/N 4354D

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #917 of 1,613
They are sitting side by side now in the office setup. Yes, I am pretty much on Sharp filter exclusively these days, except may be when using overly aggressive in treble phones (TH600, T1).
I found Dell heavy duty monitor stand working great for stacking equipment on the desk w/o taking a lot of space, using it with AURALiC. One day I'll probably find something prettier, so far no luck.
P/N [COLOR=C50F0F]4354D[/COLOR]

Thats pretty nice. Ill check it out. What about balanced cables for in between tbe amp and DA8 anyone find anything good thats not crazy expensive, but doesnt have to be super cheap either. Can be pretty short they are right on top of each other right now :wink:

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #918 of 1,613
  We should start the registry of amps used with Yulong DA8. Me first. 
smile.gif

Headamp GS-1 (Dynalo+ modules, same as in new GSX-2), perfect form/factor match as well.

DA8 with Violectric V200 and LCD2.2 (and soon the HD800!) with Squeezebox as source 

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #919 of 1,613

Thats pretty nice. Ill check it out. What about balanced cables for in between tbe amp and DA8 anyone find anything good thats not crazy expensive, but doesnt have to be super cheap either. Can be pretty short they are right on top of each other right now
wink.gif

Blue Jeans, the best quality for the price.

Jan 11, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #920 of 1,613
Yulong A28 is officially launched in China yesterday, retailing at RMB3280 which is slightly less than half the price of DA8 in China:

http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=1591807

No impressions from the local audiophile community yet, but people who ordered yesterday will be receiving their units in the next days.

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #921 of 1,613
  Yulong A28 is officially launched in China yesterday, retailing at RMB3280 which is slightly less than half the price of DA8 in China:

http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=1591807

No impressions from the local audiophile community yet, but people who ordered yesterday will be receiving their units in the next days.

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #922 of 1,613
hello,

just wanted to ask if the Yulong DA8 would be somewhat good upgrade for my Audiolab M-DAC?
Would the difference be audible. I'm interested in the Yulong since i saw the first pics

I hope someone can help me out?
thanks

Edit: also if somebody knows a yulong reseller for europe, please let me know.

Jan 12, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #925 of 1,613
  hello,

just wanted to ask if the Yulong DA8 would be somewhat good upgrade for my Audiolab M-DAC?
Would the difference be audible. I'm interested in the Yulong since i saw the first pics

I hope someone can help me out?
thanks

Edit: also if somebody knows a yulong reseller for europe, please let me know.

http://www.pc-hifi-shop.com/

Jan 12, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #926 of 1,613
Alright, thanks for the links guys.

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #928 of 1,613
Mine arrived today: balanced and RCA output are inverted in the rear (as in the Mytek). 
confused_face.gif

I'm using now the DA8 with Audivana Plus: in the software display every PCM from 44.1 to 384 is always 32 bit: it's correct?

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #929 of 1,613
so In the end you finally decided to go for it! Good boy.
wink_face.gif

Yes always 32 bit is displayed.

Jan 13, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #930 of 1,613
  Mine arrived today: balanced and RCA output are inverted in the rear (as in the Mytek). 
confused_face.gif

I'm using now the DA8 with Audivana Plus: in the software display every PCM from 44.1 to 384 is always 32 bit: it's correct?

That's weird, sure your channels are not remapped in software?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back