REVIEW: Xiaomi Piston 2 - Re-defining "Budget-Fi"?
May 14, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #65 of 156
  Can anyone reconfirm if this will take any of the comply foam tips? and if yes which ones? My impression is yes, but would love to hear from people who own them and with foam tips to try with too.

I'm willing to bet that the Pistons should take pretty much any of the tips, but I'm not sure. There were a couple guys who used T400s on them.

May 18, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #69 of 156
Be careful when shopping for these on ebay etc. There are sellers who have them for crazy prices like 5 pounds. Despite a low price, there are a lot of fakes of he piston 2. there is a great video on youtube on how to check if you got real or fake one here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XncOP0545bI

May 18, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #70 of 156
  Be careful when shopping for these on ebay etc. There are sellers who have them for crazy prices like 5 pounds. Despite a low price, there are a lot of fakes of he piston 2. there is a great video on youtube on how to check if you got real or fake one here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XncOP0545bI

Thanks for sharing this video. The copy I received from penonaudio.com is the real deal since my packaging matches the copy found on this review.

May 18, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #71 of 156
Great review Zelda! Congrats on making the front page!
beerchug.gif

I might have to try these out just to smell them. I love chocolate!
biggrin.gif

Double Thanks to you! 
beerchug.gif

May 20, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #72 of 156
Just received mine, everything "seems" to be good as I watched the video, but in my pack I never received the double flange tips. Also I have a metal shirt clip in the middle of the box with the tips.
Also tips marked on the plastic bottom as S M L. Are these still right?  

May 20, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #73 of 156
  Just received mine, everything "seems" to be good as I watched the video, but in my pack I never received the double flange tips. Also I have a metal shirt clip in the middle of the box with the tips.
Also tips marked on the plastic bottom as S M L. Are these still right?  

That means you received the so-called 2.1 version, an unofficial term for the Pistons released when you've purchased a pair past late March of 2014.
The original 2.0 version, the units being shipped before that time, had a shorter cable, flimsier tips, and lacked a shirt clip.

Long story short, you're all good!

May 20, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #75 of 156
Great out of the box.
Much better with 100+ hours on them.
Amazing with no foam in the nozzle under the grills.

Comfortable with my small ears but I use firmer large bore silicon tips from Sony (the Piston tips are all too soft and never sealed well). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back