REVIEW: Xiaomi Piston 2 - Re-defining "Budget-Fi"?
May 8, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #31 of 156
User bhazard (or the guy who prompted me to buy the Pistons in the first place) said that the Pistons 2.0 is significantly clearer than that of its predecessor.

Thanks for the information!  If I am buying iPods I will probably snag a few of the Pistons 2.0.  They look great, and from all the great impressions I am sure they will sound much better than stock earpods.

May 9, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #33 of 156
  Thanks for the information!  If I am buying iPods I will probably snag a few of the Pistons 2.0.  They look great, and from all the great impressions I am sure they will sound much better than stock earpods.

Lemme tell ya, these Pistons are way out of the EarPods' league. Like many of us said back in the Xiaomi Pistons thread, they could take on IEMs up to 100 bucks. But just wait 'til you mod them! 
biggrin.gif

What a nice review. Btw I wonder,how if we compare this piston 2 with quadbeat 2 from LG hehe
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, don't forget to compare it to another budget king -- the Monoprice 8320.

May 9, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #34 of 156
What a nice review. Btw I wonder,how if we compare this piston 2 with quadbeat 2 from LG hehe
smily_headphones1.gif

I did compare last night. While Qb2 is more mid-centric and has more mid-bassy sound, Pistons 2.0 has laid back mids and quite linear in the bass department. The treble and bass on Pistons are more resolving and forward and faster on Pistons. On the whole Pistons is more resolving and detailed IEM than Qb2.

Hope this helps.

May 9, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #35 of 156
I did compare last night. While Qb2 is more mid-centric and has more mid-bassy sound, Pistons 2.0 has laid back mids and quite linear in the bass department. The treble and bass on Pistons are more resolving and forward and faster on Pistons. On the whole Pistons is more resolving and detailed IEM than Qb2.

Hope this helps.

Wow, thx a lot.. i think i'm gonna buy a piston 2 :D

May 9, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #36 of 156
  Lemme tell ya, these Pistons are way out of the EarPods' league. Like many of us said back in the Xiaomi Pistons thread, they could take on IEMs up to 100 bucks. But just wait 'til you mod them! 
biggrin.gif

Also, don't forget to compare it to another budget king -- the Monoprice 8320.

I would buy one for myself, but ear pain ... After I wear IEMs my ears bother me for several days >.>

May 9, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #37 of 156
Where can I buy these? 

May 9, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #39 of 156
Got to try these the other day. Amazing quality for the price!

Only thing I would change is file down the sharp edge on the back of them, as it was bothering my ear.

May 9, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #40 of 156
  Where can I buy these? 

Penonaudio.com

Got to try these the other day. Amazing quality for the price!

Only thing I would change is file down the sharp edge on the back of them, as it was bothering my ear.

If you own the iF Pistons, which are sliver, that might actually be a good idea, since it probably wouldn't look too bad. 
biggrin.gif
 I did that to my 2.0 pair and it looks like crap when you take a close look at it. Ah well...

May 10, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #41 of 156
What about this one? ( http://www.xiaomiworld.com/original-xiaomi-piston-headphone-paperback-edition-white-black.html )
I know that it comes in a cheaper box with less acessories, maybe the sound is the same?
Should i try it?

May 10, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #43 of 156
One guy on my local forum bought white plastic ones and they don`t sound like aluminium Piston v2.0/v2.1. Not sure though if those latter ones linked are plastic or aluminium.

May 10, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #44 of 156
  What about this one? ( http://www.xiaomiworld.com/original-xiaomi-piston-headphone-paperback-edition-white-black.html )
I know that it comes in a cheaper box with less acessories, maybe the sound is the same?
Should i try it?

Bro, how much are you saving by getting these?  
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #45 of 156
Almost nothing 
biggrin.gif

These white one looks cooler than the gold one...but maybe i`ll get the gold or silver one instead, if i get these cheapers i`ll be back 
L3000.gif

And how the gold v2 do againts the SoundMagic PL21?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back