REVIEW: Xiaomi Piston 2 - Re-defining "Budget-Fi"?
May 11, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #46 of 156
Can someone please send me a picture of the pistons 1? I'm trying to google it but the pictures of the 2 are the ones appearing. Or are they the same looking iem?

I'm trying to buy the pistons 2 but I'm worried because i don't know if they are fake or not.
Here is the link of the seller:
http://m.olx.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/39464966/Xiaomi+Pistons+Earphone+compatible+with+Android+or+Apple?referralKeywords=Xiaomi+earphones

And here is the other one:
http://m.olx.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/40688672/MI+Xiaomi+Earphone+for+Android+-+Free+SHipping?referralKeywords=Xiaomi+earphones

May 11, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #47 of 156
  What about this one? ( http://www.xiaomiworld.com/original-xiaomi-piston-headphone-paperback-edition-white-black.html )
I know that it comes in a cheaper box with less acessories, maybe the sound is the same?
Should i try it?

I'm not sure if the sound is the same because I've never purchased a pair before. I'd really love to, though. 

don;t know if they have the same Beryllium drivers, which make these sound so good

No, they do not have the same beryllium drivers that the Pistons 2.0 have; just porbbaly a regular driver with a copper voice coil or something like that.

May 11, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #49 of 156
Has anyone in the UK bought these? if so, did you get hit by any taxes? looking to get them seeing as the price is so low, but if im going to have to pay those ludicrous "admin fees" all the shipping agents seem to charge, ill have to give them a miss. 

May 11, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #50 of 156
Can someone please send me a picture of the pistons 1? I'm trying to google it but the pictures of the 2 are the ones appearing. Or are they the same looking iem?

I'm trying to buy the pistons 2 but I'm worried because i don't know if they are fake or not.
Here is the link of the seller:
http://m.olx.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/39464966/Xiaomi+Pistons+Earphone+compatible+with+Android+or+Apple?referralKeywords=Xiaomi+earphones

And here is the other one:
http://m.olx.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/40688672/MI+Xiaomi+Earphone+for+Android+-+Free+SHipping?referralKeywords=Xiaomi+earphones

You buy from OLX? Right now, I can't seem to be able to view the page from the iPad, will do so when I get home, so I cannot say anything about them. But just to be safe, just order from penonaudio.com. Honestly, I'm really suspicious about the scams on OLX since I know a lot of Filipinos and I am, in fact, one of them, so its best to just stay vigilant when you're there.

As for the pictures of the Pistons 1.0, here you go:
2013091615434665.jpg

Link to more pictures here.

May 11, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #51 of 156
You buy from OLX? Right now, I can't seem to be able to view the page from the iPad, will do so when I get home, so I cannot say anything about them. But just to be safe, just order from penonaudio.com. Honestly, I'm really suspicious about the scams on OLX since I know a lot of Filipinos and I am, in fact, one of them, so its best to just stay vigilant when you're there.

As for the pictures of the Pistons 1.0, here you go:
2013091615434665.jpg

Link to more pictures here.

Seems to be that the one I'm buying from are not the 2.0 version... I can't buy from penonaudio or other online sites because I'm just a student and i don't have a credit card. Thanks anyway

May 11, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #55 of 156
Are the 1.0s on par with the 2.0? What's the difference between the IF version and the other?

User bhazard says they aren't. The 2.0 is clearer, with the entire frequency spectrum being more refined.
As for the iF and the "other," assuming that "other" is the so-called "2.1," there are no differences aside from the fact that the iF version has a special box, a special shirt clip, and a special pouch. And by "special," I mean that the iF Product Design Award logo is emblazoned onto all of them. 

Some people say that the iF sounds brighter than the 2.1; it's most likely either placebo or so small it's unnoticeable.

May 12, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #56 of 156
  User bhazard says they aren't. The 2.0 is clearer, with the entire frequency spectrum being more refined.
As for the iF and the "other," assuming that "other" is the so-called "2.1," there are no differences aside from the fact that the iF version has a special box, a special shirt clip, and a special pouch. And by "special," I mean that the iF Product Design Award logo is emblazoned onto all of them. 

Some people say that the iF sounds brighter than the 2.1; it's most likely either placebo or so small it's unnoticeable.

Can someone confirm that IF sounds brighter than 2.1 please? 2.0 was bright enough for my tastes and I l already gave my 2.0 to my friend who loved them. 

I need a new set now but before I pull the trigger I need to know if there is a difference in sound or not. Thanks.

May 13, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #59 of 156
Before i purchase these headphones, i would really like to know the difference between the version on the review and the mentioned newer IF edition ones. I clicked on both links and went through it but cant find a difference, please help me out here, I'm very interested in these. :)

May 13, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #60 of 156
  Before i purchase these headphones, i would really like to know the difference between the version on the review and the mentioned newer IF edition ones. I clicked on both links and went through it but cant find a difference, please help me out here, I'm very interested in these. :)

The version in the review is the original Pistons 2.0. Apparently after some time, Xiaomi changed up some things and updated the 2.0 with a longer cable, new eartips, and a shirt clip. As this update to the 2.0 was never officially given a name, a lot of Head-Fi'ers here have taken to calling them the "2.1" version. After the Pistons were badged with the iF Product Design Award, Xiaomi gave them special treatment and released the iF Commemorative Edition with a special all-white box, a shirt clip with the iF logo engraved on it, and a special pouch with said logo on it as well.

To sum that up:
  1. Pistons 2.0: Pair mentioned in the review
  2. Pistons 2.1: Longer cable (1.2m from 1.1m), new eartips, shirt clip
  3. iF Edition: Same improvements as Pistons 2.1, but with iF shirt clip, all-white box, and iF pouch

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back