[Review] Vsonic V7007: Finally...
Mar 31, 2014 at 8:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 75
At the beginning of February, I received an unexpected email from a Vsonic representative. He expressed his liking for my review of the GR07, my very first on head-fi, as well as the ASG-2 review in my signature. He said they would like have some feedback on a project that they'd been working on for years. As a closet Vsonic fanboy who has owned every single iteration of the GR07, I think I shouted "YES!" a little too enthusiastically.

A few emails later, and I was sending him my address. A week later, I was pulling an EMS package out of my mailbox. Inside, I found this:

350x298px-LL-28e90cfd_IMG_1221.jpeg

To say that the IEMs contained within this (crude/non-final packaging) box have been long awaited would be quite the understatement. The triple-BA/biocellulose DD hybrid design has undergone many changes due to patent feuds unseen to public eyes. 

But it's here.

It's finally here. 

I don't think I've felt this giddy about an IEM since the first time I fired up a Linkin Park track on the original GR07.

So, I'm going to take my time with this one. Also in my possession are the likes of the K3003, JVC FX850, Tralucent 1plus2, and a few other Uber IEMs that are simply, from early listening, NO MATCH AT ALL for this game changing design. I've always said that portable audio will not see significant improvements until significant leaps in technology are implemented. Well wait until you hear about the kind of R&D that has gone into the V7007, like the orthodynamic-like tech that has gone into the biocellulose driver, and the ultra precision of the crossovers that harness all the components.

I've already started the main draft of this review, and I'll post the rest in the coming week after my exams. I'm just posting this so the rest of the world can be ready for what's coming.

TO BE CONTINUED

Mar 31, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #3 of 75

So, I'm going to take my time with this one. Also in my possession are the likes of the K3003, JVC FX850, Tralucent 1plus2, and a few other Uber IEMs that are simply, from early listening, NO MATCH AT ALL for this game changing design. I've always said that portable audio will not see significant improvements until significant leaps in technology are implemented. Well wait until you hear about the kind of R&D that has gone into the V7007, like the orthodynamic-like tech that has gone into the biocellulose driver, and the ultra precision of the crossovers that harness all the components.

Oh. My. God.
I know what I'm saving up for now.

Also: might be too early to say, but any details on pricing and release date?

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #10 of 75
  1999 YUAN (~320 USD)

^ What he said.

last I seen was $320-$350 I beleive....under $750 and ill find a way to make it happen ....just quick question..are cables flat (I hate flat cable on heaven vi's)

Honestly, it's a steal for that price. The fact that it blows away nearly everything this side of the SR-009 is enough to make the $700 asking price a walk in the park. Even my ASG-2 is about to be relegated to the gym bag.

As for the cable, nope. It's the typical Vsonic cable texture they've had since day 1. It could be more supple, but it's literally nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I'm trying not to give away review content here 
tongue.gif

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #12 of 75

So, I'm going to take my time with this one. Also in my possession are the likes of the K3003, JVC FX850, Tralucent 1plus2, and a few other Uber IEMs that are simply, from early listening, NO MATCH AT ALL for this game changing design.

Surely you jest...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back