[REVIEW] VSONIC GR07 – Labor of Love
Jul 6, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #526 of 583
Hello, I just registered today so yeah. Can I wear these IEMs with cables hanging down from my ears and not have to wrap it around my ears? I wear glasses and find it uncomfortable to wrap any IEM cables around my ears. Thanks!

It will feel and look very awkward, but you can. I wear glasses all my life and cable over-the-ear really doesn't bother me much. You just need to get use to it.

Aug 2, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #527 of 583
Hey ClieOS, first of all , thanks for the review. I am searching a lot for Quality IEMS in price range 100~150$ and I think this IEM(07), hifiman re262 and Brainwavz B2 are the best in the category. Which of these three would you suggest me to get for Thrash/Speed/Heavy Metal and I basically want the BEST sounding in Mids and Highs. Would you suggest any other IEM is better in that? 

And BTW, which size of comply fits the GR 07? I will buy one of them. As the stock GR 07 has a heck load of ear tips, would you suggest to buy comply ear tips or the stock tips might do the job? 

Aug 2, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #528 of 583
B2 has a lot of treble, RE262 is more of a mid champion, and GR07 has a more balanced performance in the three. If you don't mind a brighter sound, get the B2. In fact, Fischer Audio DBA-02 MK2 is even a better choice than B2. GR07 will be a better choice if you are looking for a more even sound.

There isn't any Comply that fit GR07 perfectly. The 200 series is probably the closest. I will recommend you to try the stock eartip first. If you can get JAYS foam tips, they will fit as well.

Aug 3, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #529 of 583
I'm a bit afraid to go for b2 since I got m4 before from mp4nation and I didn't like it at all. It was too trebly, Minimal bass and used to hurt my ears a lot even with perfect fit. I liked my me electronics m6 more than my m4.I'll take the 07, thanks for the suggestion!

Aug 8, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #531 of 583
what kind of tweaking did you do to the tx200s to get the right sound? i juwt bought the tx200 and it sounds muddier than with stock tips

Remove the wax filter on the Comply itself and push the foam back when you insert it? You could have get Ts200 which will save you all the trouble.

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #534 of 583
I'm sold on these. I know I want them. But the problem is that the best price I have found including shipping for the GR07 MKII is 170. Does anyone know where I can get a new one for 140 with shipping. It would be greatly appreciated. 

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:56 AM Post #535 of 583
I'm sold on these. I know I want them. But the problem is that the best price I have found including shipping for the GR07 MKII is 170. Does anyone know where I can get a new one for 140 with shipping. It would be greatly appreciated. 

I doubt you'll find MK2 for $140 anymore. The price recently went up due to an extended two year warranty. Be careful during your searches not to be fooled by the now cheaper MK1 although the only differences is in the cable.

Oct 11, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #536 of 583
Tip comparison graphs, provided by Rin. 

Tips to recommend based on the results:

Meelec Biflanges
Grado/Ortofon Stock Tips (these are a pain/impossible to buy, but good to note for those that have these)
Sony Hybrid Tips (good for sibilance)
Monster Foam Hybrid Tips
Shure Orange Foam tips/Reversed Complys

Rin will measure the Phonak silicone tips soon. The popular Jays tips weren't measured, but I suspect similar results to that of the Grado/Ortofon tips. 

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #537 of 583
Tip comparison graphs, provided by Rin. 

Tips to recommend based on the results:

Meelec Biflanges
Grado/Ortofon Stock Tips (these are a pain/impossible to buy, but good to note for those that have these)
Sony Hybrid Tips (good for sibilance)
Monster Foam Hybrid Tips
Shure Orange Foam tips/Reversed Complys

Rin will measure the Phonak silicone tips soon. The popular Jays tips weren't measured, but I suspect similar results to that of the Grado/Ortofon tips. 

Good effort from his part, but I do want to point out that every person has slightly different ear canals (and resonant / ringing point) so it might still worth to try out difference eartips if one of the recommended eartip doesn't work out.

Oct 12, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #538 of 583
It still portrays how each tip affects specific frequency regions, of course it's given you can get a good seal in the first place. Even with a different HRTF, the properties of each till will remain, the HRTF will be more based on the IEMs perception in the first place.

Example: no matter the HRTF, T400 will heavily subdue regions from 8k and over due to its acoustic properties. The specifics have been revealed because of these graphs.

Jan 12, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #539 of 583
I
I doubt you'll find MK2 for $140 anymore. The price recently went up due to an extended two year warranty. Be careful during your searches not to be fooled by the now cheaper MK1 although the only differences is in the cable.

I see some MK11 listen on eBay for 150? What visible diff does the cable show between them?

http://bit.ly/XuAAIa

Feb 12, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #540 of 583

Also, mp4nation has a special for 159.50 and free FedEx 2day shipping.

http://www.mp4nation.net/headphones-amps/vsonic-gr07-mkii-professional-in-ear-earphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back