[REVIEW] VSONIC GR07 – Labor of Love
Mar 23, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #76 of 583

Quote:
Metal is one of those music I don't listen much, but for what it worth - I don't think GR07 is picky on the genre of music. It is one of those that do well with most genres, but doesn't excess in any particular. More of a all-arounder IMO.

OK. I present my problem anyway. Now I have Brainwavz M3 and think about the upgrade. M3 is a good headphones, but with a fast, dynamic heavy music to them (or to me?:)) do not have enough mid-bass, aggressive, the sound is soft and cuddly. At the same time as the more quiet music, they sound beautiful. Will GR07 more suited for me, under the given conditions? 

Mar 23, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #79 of 583

Quote:
OK. I present my problem anyway. Now I have Brainwavz M3 and think about the upgrade. M3 is a good headphones, but with a fast, dynamic heavy music to them (or to me?:)) do not have enough mid-bass, aggressive, the sound is soft and cuddly. At the same time as the more quiet music, they sound beautiful. Will GR07 more suited for me, under the given conditions? 

All I can say is M3 is not a particularly fast IEM. GR07 on the other hand is faster, but it is not an aggressive sounding IEM in nature. If I have to compare, I'll say GR07 handles faster music better than M3.

Quote:
What amp would u recommend for the gr07 clieos?
btw at 50 ohm impendance would the fuze have enough juice to power the gr07?

I won't really recommend amp (unless you are looking to squeeze the last 5% of SQ out of Fuze).  I have been using Fuze and Clip+ with GR07 unamped without any problem on volume. In fact, I haven't gone pass 60% max volume on Fuze with GR07.

Quote:
Clieos, does the hifiman 602 or 801 pair well with the gr07?

Decent with 602 (slightly more laid back), quite well with 801.

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #81 of 583

Quote:
btw anyone know what is the diameter of the nozzle?
wanna get some foam tips for the phones as i kinda hate silicon tips' fit and comfort. 

A pair of Shure olive-like foam tips is already included in the package. However if you are looking alternative foam tips, I'll suggest JAYS. Comply probably won't hold onto the nozzle because of design.

Mar 24, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #83 of 583
Shure olive will fit, but a little tight. UE eartips are too big for GR07. The foam eartips that come with GR07 will last very long (almost as long as olive) and you can easily get a year or two out of it if you clean it from time to time (submerge with peroxide and wash with water). You can replace it with Shure olive afterward.

Mar 24, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #84 of 583
I decided to purchase a pair of 262's aswell.. The current pre-order being $149USD was to hard to pass up. Now i can pit both the GR07 and 262 against the DBA's and see how they fair. I hope to keep 2 pairs and 1 will be sold off! But who knows i may end up keeping all 3! We shall see!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 24, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #85 of 583
Mar 24, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #86 of 583
Hahah! Ive been looking at the J-phonics aswell! O noes!! But my next big buy is the Gilmore X2 when Justin starts taking pre orders. So im trying to hold off buying anything to expensive.
blink.gif

Quote:
Ah, the poison spreads deep and wide.
wink_face.gif

Mar 24, 2011 at 5:09 AM Post #89 of 583

Quote:
Where can we find peroxide? Pharmacy? Won't it corrode or melt the foam?

Pharmacy peroxide is usually 3% solution, it will take tons of it to do anything to the IEM, if anything at all. Peroxide works by releasing oxygen into the contact surface which disinfect (most pathogen can't stand oxygen) and the bubbling action helps desorb earwax into the water. There is no chemical action involved.

Quote:
I really like it. good all arounder and just like the um3x as stated by clieos

Give it some burn-in and it will open up more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back