[REVIEW] Vsonic GR06: WOW!!!
Jun 3, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #31 of 104
Try the GR02 Bass Edition.  It is  a more refined (in every way) version of the GR99.   Both of them seem to be going for around $30 (I got lucky and purchased mine for $20).

Yeh I would like to and as I said I am sure I will get round to it just not at this moment in time.

Nice review! I've own this iem for about 5 months now and I can say that they do sound great for their price. No problem with the build quality so far and do agree that the vocals on these sound great :) the stock double bi flange gives me the best fit btw... and soundstage. 2c

Glad your enjoying them. As for tips I did not get a choice of stocks but tried a few different tips I have including Sony hybrid and although the Phonaks are slightly to Big for the GR06, fall off in your ears after wearing, but they sounded so much better.

Just thought I'd mention if you don't agree about how I said about and part of the sound it is likley because I do not look at the sound as a £40 earphones but just like an earphone no different to anything else.

Jun 10, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #33 of 104
Anyone know how these compare to Klipsch Image S4's? I'm trying to help my friend get some IEMs for around $70.

I have not tried te s4 but so far these are as good as it has got for this price so far and would reccomended hugely.

However if you wait a few days I have a Hippo VB and FAD Adagio II on the way which maybe competitive in the price range. I will let you know.

Jun 10, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #34 of 104
The S4 are not comparable in any way whatsoever to the GR06. I own the GR06 and have owned the S4 twice and I can say the GR06 absolutely demolishes the S4 in every way imaginable.
Quote:
Anyone know how these compare to Klipsch Image S4's? I'm trying to help my friend get some IEMs for around $70.

Jun 10, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #35 of 104
The S4 are not comparable in any way whatsoever to the GR06. I own the GR06 and have owned the S4 twice and I can say the GR06 absolutely demolishes the S4 in every way imaginable.

I suspected that but I won't comment on earphones I have not heard.

Thanks for the input!

Jun 11, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #38 of 104
Quote:
Received the Vsonic GR06, GR02 Bass Edition and Soundmagic ES18. I'm in the process of burning in the GR06 (about 24+ hours). First impressions are good.

NICE! Well can note wait for some more detailed impressions of the HR06, especially compared to the other 2. It is just a shame that burn in us such a long and frustrating process ahah!
Quote:
Im really enjoying the gr06. Coming from the gr07, you do lose clarity and the bass seems "looser" to me. But for the price I paid ($40), crazy value!

Yeh for $40 that is mega cheap! Yeh i also found the bass to be fairly loose generally and clarity to be mediocre. This is not compared to the GR07, which i have not heard.

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:01 AM Post #39 of 104
Mine have not burned in properly yet but they do have better soundstage and clarity then my Mele M6s.
I just miss the bass from M6 so for my type of music I may have chosen wrong IEMs.
Vocal trance does sound very good however but I do listen to more non vocal tracks.

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #40 of 104
Quote:
Mine have not burned in properly yet but they do have better soundstage and clarity then my Mele M6s.
I just miss the bass from M6 so for my type of music I may have chosen wrong IEMs.
Vocal trance does sound very good however but I do listen to more non vocal tracks.

Yeh you do lose some of there best qualities by listening to non-vocal tracks as they do vocals amazingly. However i did not go through the burn in process with them as they are on loan but mine sound very warm with bass presence so maybe after a few hours more hours of burn in then the bass may pop out a bit more to satisfy you.

If you want just pure bass quantity though i can see that these are not the best option as they are an all rounder. I have some Hippo VBs on the way and there meat to be bass monsters so mane they will satisfy your needs more so i will let you know!

However i hope that the bass comes out for you as they do not lack it all albeit not bass monsters.

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #41 of 104
Quote:
Yeh you do lose some of there best qualities by listening to non-vocal tracks as they do vocals amazingly. However i did not go through the burn in process with them as they are on loan but mine sound very warm with bass presence so maybe after a few hours more hours of burn in then the bass may pop out a bit more to satisfy you.

If you want just pure bass quantity though i can see that these are not the best option as they are an all rounder. I have some Hippo VBs on the way and there meat to be bass monsters so mane they will satisfy your needs more so i will let you know!

However i hope that the bass comes out for you as they do not lack it all albeit not bass monsters.

I dont want too much bass like Beats or Monster Turbines.
I want strong bass but not overpower everything.

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #42 of 104
Quote:
I dont want too much bass like Beats or Monster Turbines.
I want strong bass but not overpower everything.

See thats how i would say the GR06s are. How are you hearing them at the moment. There is a very nice warmth from the bass oozing into the midrange but not veiling it. I would still say there is a good amount of it!

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #43 of 104
Quote:
See thats how i would say the GR06s are. How are you hearing them at the moment. There is a very nice warmth from the bass oozing into the midrange but not veiling it. I would still say there is a good amount of it!

To me it just sounds weak compared to what I am used to on the M6s.
Maybe I need to get used to it as getting better headphones then this will require more money or loosing clarity and soundstage and going back to M6.
I can hear the bass but its not boomy. I want it to be boomy but not wash over midrange etc.
I will try different tips and EQ and see if it gets better.

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #44 of 104
Quote:
To me it just sounds weak compared to what I am used to on the M6s.
Maybe I need to get used to it as getting better headphones then this will require more money or loosing clarity and soundstage and going back to M6.
I can hear the bass but its not boomy. I want it to be boomy but not wash over midrange etc.
I will try different tips and EQ and see if it gets better.

Okay, i thought i would mention that i have not heard the M6s. I might also mention that a boomy, loose bass that does not cover the mid range is extremely hard to come across as when bass is boomy it tends to bleed into the mids and veil them

What your describing still seems to be the GR06s as they have fairly loose bass in my eyes and as they are mid forward the bass leaves the mids super clear.

I will also mention that i have not heard any known bass heavy earphones so all though the GR06s are not the bassets i have heard they are still higher up in my collection.

Also if you get something more expensive most of the time they will have tight bass which is not boomy however much quantity. Well of course does not apply for everything.

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #45 of 104
Quote:
Okay, i thought i would mention that i have not heard the M6s. I might also mention that a boomy, loose bass that does not cover the mid range is extremely hard to come across as when bass is boomy it tends to bleed into the mids and veil them

What your describing still seems to be the GR06s as they have fairly loose bass in my eyes and as they are mid forward the bass leaves the mids super clear.

Also if you get something more expensive most of the time they will have tight bass which is not boomy however much quantity.

Yeah I think I meant tight instead of boomy.
I will see how I get on with them anyway. Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back